warranty on parts

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new 2015 skidoo xm in the city this year love the sled and bought all the parts from the dealer. First ride made it up the trail 6 k the sled was squatting so I pulled over and found the springs weren't set right took it down to have a mechanic to put them on the right way. Went back to the dealer and mentioned the problem and said I could have this mechanic call them all they said is did u take pictures, they blew me off. The springs weren't hooked up to the rails the right way they were upside down nice PDI I payed for. Next problem I put a set of after market scratchers from this dealer on my sled they said they would work no problem if u follow the directions which I did. Road the sled for one day and decide to reset the suspetion and to my shock the springs had hooked onto the bolt that held the scratchers in place and bent the spring up which recked both springs and ripped the **** out of the rails cost to repair 1000 to 2000 dollars to replace both rails and springs. Took pictures this time and the dealer said I did install them the right way but said it was the manufactures fault and all they said is was the bolts torqued right or was the spring damaged by something else. This dealer did the same thing the said since it was after market product that they don't cover it even though they sell the product in house. I would say the blew me of again and I guess I learn the hard way when I was warned how bad their rep was for their ****ty service after they sell u the sled. I WON'T MENTION THE DEALER BUT I DO LIVE IN EDMONTON ALBERTA

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they were RCS or someting like that which I had on my M8 and had no problems

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm. scratcher installation instructions are so generic ive almost ran into your issues in the past we have ended up having to cycle the suspension to ensure proper clearance and have been suprised when it wasnt there even after following the crappy directions. n

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm. scratcher installation instructions are so generic ive almost ran into your issues in the past we have ended up having to cycle the suspension to ensure proper clearance and have been suprised when it wasnt there even after following the crappy directions. n
Its not the mnufactures fault its the dealers fault for not checking the product they sell

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put aftermarket scratchers on my xm. Prior to putting them on I read a thread of asking how to mount there scratchers, I thought how hard could it be? It was very difficult to find a spot where something didn't interfere with something on the suspension. None the less crappy deal for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really poor dealer, with the sleds being very comparable in performance. The dealer makes the differance of buying on brand over another

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The friggin manufacturer of the sled should install them at factory, I bet if the dealer installed them and they broke you would still be hooped.

Top Bottom