Want to come along for a ride...Rocky--Nordegg area.???

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Here are some of mine,,hope this works

Attachments

• Quading 005.jpg
    Quading 005.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Quading 006.jpg
    Quading 006.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Quading 007.jpg
    Quading 007.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Quading 011.jpg
    Quading 011.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 53

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some of mine as well.

Attachments

• jse_2009_0419quad-trip0023.jpg
    jse_2009_0419quad-trip0023.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 152
  • jse_2009_0419quad-trip0016.jpg
    jse_2009_0419quad-trip0016.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 158
  • jse_2009_0419quad-trip0014.jpg
    jse_2009_0419quad-trip0014.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 152
  • jse_2009_0419quad-trip0008.jpg
    jse_2009_0419quad-trip0008.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 158

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some of the creek that was made into a tunnel by the coal miners. The first is on our trip with the ice built up, the others are in summer, the last one is where it comes out. In summer with rubber boots a light and careful walking you can go all the way through, bent over at the end,unless your'e a midget.

Attachments

• jse_2009_0419quad-trip0031.jpg
    jse_2009_0419quad-trip0031.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 160
  • jse_IMGP1044.jpg
    jse_IMGP1044.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 150
  • jse_IMGP1047.jpg
    jse_IMGP1047.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 152
  • jse_IMGP1048.jpg
    jse_IMGP1048.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 154
  • jse_IMGP1050.jpg
    jse_IMGP1050.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 159

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for coming out and spending the day in my backyard playground, it was a nice day. I'm glad everyone enjoyed there time here, it was good meeting all of you (but i'm sorry i'll forget many of your names, i'm bad that way). I do look forward to the summer campout to see you again and do more riding etc. Also sometime this summer we will try to do another ride on this trail, but next one will probably be an overnighter (stay at the Nordegg hotel) and return the next day, that way we can do the whole trail.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope Im available for the two day trip your talking about,thanks for posting the pics.And you are one lucky guy murray,The guy(Mark I think)that dove out and grabbed your quad definatly saved a bad ending,I was amazed how fast he dove at your quad and how he got the front end back down on the ground without hurting himself.
Cheers To Ya FyreRyder!
catmando!

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope Im available for the two day trip your talking about,thanks for posting the pics.And you are one lucky guy murray,The guy(Mark I think)that dove out and grabbed your quad definatly saved a bad ending,I was amazed how fast he dove at your quad and how he got the front end back down on the ground without hurting himself.
Cheers To Ya FyreRyder!
catmando!

Was not me that saved him, but would have if i was there.

Good ride boys see ya next time:beer::beer:

Ill add some more pics later.

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Cheers To Ya FyreRyder!
catmando!

His name was Chad :d:beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where's the next ride??

What you do is start a thread and post a time date and place and then you can decide when the next ride is.It is way easier to get a group together for quading then sledding.And then when you get home you post some real muddy stuck pics.I would help ya but I blew a cv joint and burned up some electrical stuff so I got some repairs to do!
catmando!
Thats how Hadster and medler started this ride.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, now I'm pi$$ed that I didn't just change my plans and come on this ride.:rant::( Lyle you should have put your foot down and made me come out for this one!:d Where do you stage for that ride? I think my wife would love to see that stuff but I have no idea where you were. I have camped and rode Jackfish Lake area a few times but haven't seen that trail.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
OK, now I'm pi$$ed that I didn't just change my plans and come on this ride.:rant::( Lyle you should have put your foot down and made me come out for this one!:d Where do you stage for that ride? I think my wife would love to see that stuff but I have no idea where you were. I have camped and rode Jackfish Lake area a few times but haven't seen that trail.

We staged by Horburg on a oil lease and rode down to the river and got on the old CN rail line.It was a good time.Maybe the next trip we will go all the way to Nordegg :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well shoot Danno.....why didn't we get in on this one? I didn't know you were sittin around too! My neighbor's 4x4 was all apart and it didn't sound like a ride for his sport quad....so we stayed home. NEXT ONE....we'll bring out the RV's.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
Was a good day was nice to get out riding thanks to Hadster for leading us and the wealth of knowledge of the area and stories behind every part from the sawmill to the caboose, old school house, tailing piles tunnel. Thanks to Catmando for the lift and the biggest thanks to FyreRyder who saved by bacon by diving down an embankment to catch my front bumper when I was going over backwards on an icy hill......I honestly thought I saved it myself I sat there with the brakes held breathing deep then all of a sudden there is a guy crawling out from under my quad :eek: He just jumped grabbed the bumper and pulled back and the quad landed right on top of him. Hope we meet up again different time different place and all the beer is on me :d:beer:

It's a good thing I reacted before thinking about it otherwise I probably would have had to decline seeing as my legs were under your quad the whole slide backwards down the hill.... (Yah right.... I'd do it again in a heart beat)

That was quite the ride. I am still sore tonight but ready to do it again this weekend...

Told my wife to keep the camp out weekend open.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I didn't know you were thinking of going. I was going to go when Lyle pm'd me but had some stuff I needed to get done as well as I needed to work. So I did the responsible thing and decided not to go, DOH! Do you know were this is Dave? If so we should do it soon. I'm heading to the dunes next wed but after that I'm open. Maybe we could talk Lyle into showing us;).

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you guys cross the hiway at some point because Jackfish is on the north side of 11?

On the ride we did on the 18th we did not cross hwy 11, the rail-line did cross the hwy at Harlech campground area and then again at Shunda creek (close to Beaverdam campground). When i mention going to jackfishlake, i meant that area or the road that goes south of jackfishlake on the southside of the hwy (some call it Baker rd.). You can check it out by printing off the map in this same forum under another posting, called something like "map rocky to nordegg".
I'll do another ride and next time it'll be the whole way and probably stay overnight in nordegg, but probably not 'till June or later in the summer, depends when is best for the majority.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the ride we did on the 18th we did not cross hwy 11, the rail-line did cross the hwy at Harlech campground area and then again at Shunda creek (close to Beaverdam campground). When i mention going to jackfishlake, i meant that area or the road that goes south of jackfishlake on the southside of the hwy (some call it Baker rd.). You can check it out by printing off the map in this same forum under another posting, called something like "map rocky to nordegg".
I'll do another ride and next time it'll be the whole way and probably stay overnight in nordegg, but probably not 'till June or later in the summer, depends when is best for the majority.

Thanks, I've never rode on the south side of the hiway, I'll have to try and make the next ride.

Top Bottom