voyager pro

roughriders

Reaction score
anyone have experience with the trailtech voyager pro? looking for good or bad before a guy drops some money on one.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys I know have them like them a lot . Compatible with the Polaris Ride Command as well . Just need your riding buddies to have them .

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya after seeing my buddies polaris screen and being able to track your buddies I am interested as well. $1000 seems pricey but can be worth every penny at times out in the backcountry.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1000 but the value is it can move from sled to sled. Why keep buying the same tech over and over with each sled purchase? And some guys only have 20ish days on a sled before they buy new. Sure it adds value to have the fancy OEM gauge on a used sled but you won't get it all back when selling.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch of guys using them and really like them. Mine is still in the box but will be installed soon.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are great, and the range is decent. Also, nice to have the option to put them on your summer toys as well. Great way to put on miles, when you can see everyone moving on your screen. There is an alert button in the event of an accident. Once pushed, all the guys in your group get a flashing red signal on the screen.

You will need to add some sort of small battery when you rig it in, as the one in the unit only last 15min ish. I installed a similar one to the one below. I wired it into the usb kit for charging and had to run a diode as the power back-fed into the gauge cluster, and it remained on when the sled was turned off.

Amazon product ASIN B08PNSRM3Y

Last edited:

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are great, and the range is decent. Also, nice to have the option to put them on your summer toys as well. Great way to put on miles, when you can see everyone moving on your screen. There is an alert button in the event of an accident. Once pushed, all the guys in your group get a flashing red signal on the screen.

You will need to add some sort of small battery when you rig it in, as the one in the unit only last 15min ish. I installed a similar one to the one below. I wired it into the usb kit for charging and had to run a diode as the power back-fed into the gauge cluster, and it remained on when the sled was turned off.

Do you know anyone that could provide the hardware and install it for a Brah

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

roughriders

Reaction score
I was planning on gettIng the NS1 for the new Doo https://www.nextstagegauges.com/ns1-gauge-system/gauge-face-features
but…. I’ve tried numerous times trying to contact them however no luck… so probably go with Voyager
I ran the ns1 on the sidewinder. And considered it again. Only reason I didn’t was cause of the buddy tracking range I heard was not good. And need android phone if don’t have the gauge. Other than that it was great. I ordered the voyager cause will work on the snow bike to. Hopefully it’s decent

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the ns1 on the sidewinder. And considered it again. Only reason I didn’t was cause of the buddy tracking range I heard was not good. And need android phone if don’t have the gauge. Other than that it was great. I ordered the voyager cause will work on the snow bike to. Hopefully it’s decent
Good point!! I got a Voyager pro at Cambodian Rubber today!! Thanks Snoflake 👌🏼 there cheap $996 green backs and is 20 times better than the new Doo 10.25 .. kidding about the cheap lol

phatboy2007

Reaction score

If you don't mind me asking but What size diode did you use? Any chance you could draw up a crude wiring diagram lol? Can you power the unit straight from the usb connection like this? Just trying to figure out how to power the gps unit without a battery. Its not a big deal if the gps is not on while the sled is off. I would prefer it to be on for a little bit but I can make do without.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking but What size diode did you use? Any chance you could draw up a crude wiring diagram lol? Can you power the unit straight from the usb connection like this? Just trying to figure out how to power the gps unit without a battery. Its not a big deal if the gps is not on while the sled is off. I would prefer it to be on for a little bit but I can make do without.

You might want a bit of battery back up power. I don’t have experience with the voyager pro, but other sled powered gps’ I have had have restarted the current track mapping when the sled was shut off, and chopped up the recorded track, and loose portions if travelling before the gps reconnected to the satellites.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will want the battery. I’m not entirely sure why, but the power coming from the sled does not seem to keep the GPS powered/charged all the time. See sketch below on how I have rigged the last 6 sleds in our group.

5ACE2083-5A3E-485D-B2B2-BF4D0BF51923.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom