Cheap electric off road bike

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting one that I can throw in the back of my Mexican made side by side for when I break down a long ways from the truck. No experience with these things, searching shows a lot of options but don't need anything fancy. Anyone have experience with a low end model?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting one that I can throw in the back of my Mexican made side by side for when I break down a long ways from the truck. No experience with these things, searching shows a lot of options but don't need anything fancy. Anyone have experience with a low end model?
Folding fat tire bike is all you need. Get one with a throttle it’ll go at least 30km distance on throttle alone. 1200-$2000 bucks. Depending on budget, you could probably get a bike trix for under two grand for a good reliable folding bike

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one of these. Anyone have any experience with them?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one of these. Anyone have any experience with them?

I’ve never heard of those. One thing you gotta watch with bikes that have 20 inch tires is some of the guys just put little tires on a whatever frame. So those tires lower your bike and your pedals strike the ground if you’re barely turning or any uneven terrain on.

My wife has 20 inch tires on her bike and non-folding. But it has a framed design to keep the pedals high off the ground.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folding fat tire bike is all you need. Get one with a throttle it’ll go at least 30km distance on throttle alone. 1200-$2000 bucks. Depending on budget, you could probably get a bike trix for under two grand for a good reliable folding bike
Thanks Drew, will look into these.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m interested in going this route as well as an entry level E bike rider. As I still have my Honda 1100. But would like something on the lesser money side… Any manufacturers that you or anyone else would recommend?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in going this route as well as an entry level E bike rider. As I still have my Honda 1100. But would like something on the lesser money side… Any manufacturers that you or anyone else would recommend?
My brother, selling a couple AMP r Ups they built by Maverick distributing sold through Riverside Yamaha. he had six of them but now his teen kids are too cool to hang around us lol
they are gently used. Let me know if you’re interested I’ll give you his number

Amp r up. Rad bike. Bike trix. They are all good entry-level bikes.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant add any info on the folding e-bikes...

For general ripping around they would be satisfactory for standard and general trails...

How ever """depending""" on use in the off off road catagory a person would notice pedal strikes while riding rut sections or side hills...

Hard too believe that a person would notice much difference between size 26" and 27.5" tires...

Once a person riders 27.5 fat tires theres no going back too 26's... waaaaay less pedal strikes on un-even terrain,,, a bit heavier tires and rims yet the roll easier,,, hard too believe but a person surely feel the difference...

That's not say'ing the 20" tires won't perform well off road on trail,,, one benifit is a bike that sits closer too the ground for folks that are vertically challenged using fixed seat posts...

Seat height issues can be sorted with dropper seat posts in most cases """depending""" on how the seat post frame tube is designed...

If the seat post frame is restricted by length from top too bottom or water bottle/ air pump screws then modifications is required or it won't allow the """adjust-able""" seat-post too sit low enough too benifit the dropper stuff...

Adjustable Dropper seat post are a bit pricey but well worth it for many functions...

Lower seat for off roading
Standard height for normal pedaling

*** It allows a person too tweak the height adjustments threw the day so ones knees and hips aren't stagnet threw the day,,, 3mm here,,, 3mm there allowing a person too work a Broader range of seating positions throughout the day...
Once a person catches on too a Adjustable dropper post theres its hard too remain with a standard non-adjust post... ***

Quick adjustments of the fly w/ thumb activation switch on handle bars...

Bike walking/ push a bike with adjustable seat posts are awesome since a person can set them too ones hip or belt line or set it high so a person can rap ones arm around it on the steep steep climbs...

Lower it down when deslcending ,,, if its real steep i get off the saddle and hang it out the back...

*** Refuse too go over the bars gang.*** Don't do it,,, never fear getting off your bike and slide or walk down the steep sheep's off road...

A person might get lucky on the up-and-overs,,, not so much in most cases...

Anyways,,, I also look a pack away bikes as and option of touring around too different locations...
20211002_122138.jpg

Im a solid frame rider,,, most likely remain that way till my last cranking days...

Subject too change with age and time...

Great thread,,, thanks for sharing gang

Lower Central Albetra

Don

Top Bottom