Vote vote vote

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so when you ask these big corporations to pay more in taxes do you actually think they are going to stay and do business and take it up the ass or pack up and move somewhere where the taxes are less .... look at what happened in sask when they had higher taxes they all left hence why alberta had a boom in growth and now that sask has there stuff together its booming again raising taxes doesn't always end up in more cash flow

That's not very accurate, in fact during the last half of " the oil boom" Saskatchewan was a very happening province. Many people moved back cities like Saskatoon erupted in the early 2000s and yet their taxes are still higher then Alberta

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and what are the corporate taxes at now ????
That's not very accurate, in fact during the last half of " the oil boom" Saskatchewan was a very happening province. Many people moved back cities like Saskatoon erupted in the early 2000s and yet their taxes are still higher then Alberta

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct the taxes have gone down however if you compare growth population rates versus tax increases over the last say 50 years Saskatchewan is the only astrics. Over the last 25 years Alberta taxes for corporations and small business have more then doubled. That being said if you based your living location on 1 or 2% tax rate difference you probably shouldn't move. I have lived in both ab and bc. Everyone complains about the tax but when you look at the price most things are actually equal. Fyi the purchase of vehicles and parts tends to be less in B.C.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taxes for major corporations is much the same across the country depending on the service, actual fact Alberta has some of the highest small business tax

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I guess that is the difference you hear "corporation" you think Suncor/Exxon/ING/Telus/EPCOR I here "corporation" and think of Downstream Safety Services/Scott Builders/Joes roofing/Bobs Tile/ Dicks Welding/T&T Powersports/ Quickwrap/ etc etc.... Corporate tax does not mean only the big boys get hit becausxe your right, in most cases they can afford it with a few dozen lay offs it's the small business majority of "corporations" that suffer

Ok. This is where you are FACTUALLY wrong. Because T&T and all those other small businesses that you listed off, including MY own business will NOT pay more in taxes, because we are not LARGE CORPORATIONS. We are small business. Our provincial taxes stay EXACTLY the same. Only the large corporations (PROFITS of more than $500K). If Terry is making that, then that's awesome for him, but I highly doubt that he is. His (and my) tax will not change. But you can sure as hell bet that Suncor will be paying those extra 2%. Which, IMO, they sure as hell should be.

so when you ask these big corporations to pay more in taxes do you actually think they are going to stay and do business and take it up the ass or pack up and move somewhere where the taxes are less .... look at what happened in sask when they had higher taxes they all left hence why alberta had a boom in growth and now that sask has there stuff together its booming again raising taxes doesn't always end up in more cash flow

They're not going to go anywhere. Cause everywhere else has the same or higher CORPORATE provincial tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBZ

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not lots of small businesses(I consider small) profit more than 500,000$ a year. Half a million isn't that much.....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is talking profit not gross sales I believe.

I know what he is saying. Lets take Scott Builders that Bog mentioned. They probably did 150million
is sales this year. I know the owners, we work for them lots, I consider it a small company.

My old mans Ma and Pa company employs around 50 people in Red Deer, this year we will PROFIT more than 500,000$
next year? who knows.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need a new TV , i see lines

Haha the tv upstairs in my shop is your cousins old one, works great. Matching stand and all. Just need to bring dish out here so I can watch the next election, sounds like ponyboy is in?... This one came with the place too so I cant complain

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Believe it or not lots of small businesses(I consider small) profit more than 500,000$ a year. Half a million isn't not that much.....

And I'm saying that if you make that much money, I don't think that taking an extra $10K from them is really a huge deal, like everyone here seems to think it is. I know that I, personally wouldn't move my business to another province because the province is taking 60K instead of 50K.

Top Bottom