CONDO MANAGEMENT

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a rental property downtown and the condo management company is terrible... Anyone know how we go about getting another management company in charge? Is this something the board can decide or a vote?

Hate to lose our tenants over bad management...

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all bad I think haha.

Try Candema we work with them on a few projects.

Board vote I’d imagine.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Board probably needs to approve a management company, might need to be voted by owners at the AGM depending on bylaws.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all terrible. How many units?would it be self manageable by the board? Nothing says you can’t do that but you do need have people willing to do the work. The board can terminate the contract and select new by vote no problems, it’s the owners money after all. But you would need a couple proposals from other firms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 floor wood building downtown, around 200 units. I'll be honest.... I have been less than committed to this place, but maybe I need to get on the board and help steer the ship for a bit.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 floor wood building downtown, around 200 units. I'll be honest.... I have been less than committed to this place, but maybe I need to get on the board and help steer the ship for a bit.

yea that is too many units to take on. Not a bad idea to get on the board. From my experience these management companies just need constant fires lit under their A$$. And generally the folks on the board dont have the experience or attitude to properly push these firms to do their jobs.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a short convo with the owner of our management outfit and gave him some suggestions on how to run a business. He seemed to take some advice and is willing to work with me a bit. but I fear this is far from over.....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worked in property maintenance for over 20 years(commercial and residential) and property management sucks. The amount of bs they have to deal with is ridiculous.
Good management is expensive but worth it.
Lots of cheap companies out there but you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom