Vigilante Farmer

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmer shoulda just chased him off his own property, reported to the cops and left it at that.

(But I do agree with the farmer)
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that he had there farm vandalized and robbed before and has been concerned for his family accidently confronting these guys….

I could easily justify the chasing and even the beating maybe fire into the air or at their vehicle, but shooting the guy twice….
I know I was pretty pissed when our house in the city was broken into, they sole a few bucks but just wrecked sh$t....at the time my young daughter had made me a piggy bank out of a pickle jar, clue colored macaroni on it and wrought to daddy on it…..they could have just unscrewed the lid and took the change, but they smashed it on the bed post, wrecking the bed post ( not replaceable as I handmade the bed) and breaking the piggy bank. Took us 5 hours to clean up the place, 5 hours of swearing…..
All told the insurance claim would have been about a $1,000.00…They caught the buggers, three spoiled kids that had been convicted, one with 7 priors….they gave them community service, then asked us if they could come and do yard work or something to pay us back and burn up there community service time….I wound up meeting them at an outreach center, I took all of about 30 seconds to decide, I would probably beat the lively sh$t out of them if they came back to our house. They had not taken the opportunity to reform but were just putting in whatever time they needed to get back out on the street….I’m all for second chances, we’ve all done some pretty stupid things growing up but these kids weren’t deserving of the second chance or should I say the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] chance they were getting.

I think the farmer got off okay with just 90 days given our screwed up justice system….

So the .97 cent question….what did the crooks get for the crime…yes other than some bruises and some buck shot …..

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmm... donuts........

not really i just get a kick out of all the peeps that are gonna kill something on here. i think the bashaw farmer got a lesson in the punishment fitting the crime, hope he leaves his gun at home next time. and i think the laws need to be enforced not sort of. i'm sure someone is gonna get killed for stealing a donut sooner or later.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that he had there farm vandalized and robbed before and has been concerned for his family accidently confronting these guys….

I could easily justify the chasing and even the beating maybe fire into the air or at their vehicle, but shooting the guy twice….
I know I was pretty pissed when our house in the city was broken into, they sole a few bucks but just wrecked sh$t....at the time my young daughter had made me a piggy bank out of a pickle jar, clue colored macaroni on it and wrought to daddy on it…..they could have just unscrewed the lid and took the change, but they smashed it on the bed post, wrecking the bed post ( not replaceable as I handmade the bed) and breaking the piggy bank. Took us 5 hours to clean up the place, 5 hours of swearing…..
All told the insurance claim would have been about a $1,000.00…They caught the buggers, three spoiled kids that had been convicted, one with 7 priors….they gave them community service, then asked us if they could come and do yard work or something to pay us back and burn up there community service time….I wound up meeting them at an outreach center, I took all of about 30 seconds to decide, I would probably beat the lively sh$t out of them if they came back to our house. They had not taken the opportunity to reform but were just putting in whatever time they needed to get back out on the street….I’m all for second chances, we’ve all done some pretty stupid things growing up but these kids weren’t deserving of the second chance or should I say the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] chance they were getting.

I think the farmer got off okay with just 90 days given our screwed up justice system….

So the .97 cent question….what did the crooks get for the crime…yes other than some bruises and some buck shot …..

They got 30 days. Yes the farmer protecting his property got more than the thief

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got 30 days. Yes the farmer protecting his property got more than the thief

That's are screwed up system for ya....wrong...wrong ....wrong...

The judge had an opportunity to send some possitive message's....

* you cant take justice into your own hands.
* you choose to steel sh$t you get the short straw.

But no he just told the thiefs it's okay we'll protect you, you have rights.....

Last edited:

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's our screwed up justice system for you.

That's like a while ago, I heard a Guy broke into and was robbing a house, when the man of the house who was a martial arts black belt came down and kicked the s41t out of the guy, then got sent to jail for assault cause the thief sue'd.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not at all like that. Get your facts straight. The thieves never broke and entered, They got what any person would get for theft under 5000$

There's our screwed up justice system for you.

That's like a while ago, I heard a Guy broke into and was robbing a house, when the man of the house who was a martial arts black belt came down and kicked the s41t out of the guy, then got sent to jail for assault cause the thief sue'd.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although I don't think it was right for the farmer to shoot the thief, I do think that in many cases criminals are being given to many rights. If you willingly commit a crime (infringing on someone elses rights) why should you be given the same rights as those who don't. Like the case given by Junior Highmark, If some guy is choosing to steal/ damage your property, he deserves to be taught a lesson, in my opinion.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty much why we don't carry handguns these days. generally killing someone usually don't fit the crime. so lets see the out of controll hot head would likely be shootin ya happy.

start enforcing the laws and sentences that are in place, ya get 90 days ya serve 90 days, ya get life = 20yrs not 7, as they do now.

I dont agree with brandishing irons either - unless warranted.
The bad asses carry guns, knives ... whatever - the laws do not stop that, home invaions are getting more frequent and violent all the time - talking nice wont save yourself or the family.
Huge difference between cheating on your taxes and out right robbing people - the crack head or what ever could get carried away and take it a step farther -rape, kill ya, maim ya....
I pay taxes like everyone else - I really like how the politicians some how miss spend our tax dollars, it some how gets lost, they give it away to other countrys....on and on -The big crooks.
End of storry we need harsher punishments, jails to be a place you never want to see again, if they get caught steeling yer sled or whatever .... they get the ch!t knocked out of them.

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmer should have shoot, shovel and shut up. Justice system is a joke and the rcmp are only gd for handing out seatbelt, speeding and .08 tickets. As for catching crimanals they couldn't be bothered as it is not making the goverment money. Rcmp couldn't organize a .... job in a whore house if they wanted to imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read on global that he won his appeal and jail time is no longer involved. Probation and community service......would still rather it been a pat on the back and a job well done but at least he's not being put behind bars

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmer who shot ATV thief will not go to jail | Alberta | News | Calgary Sun

A Lacombe-area farmer who blasted a shotgun at a man trying to steal his ATV three years ago will not have to do time in the clink, ruled the Alberta’s Court of Appeal.
Brian Russell Knight was earlier sentenced to 90 days in jail to be served on weekends after pleading guilty to criminal negligence causing bodily harm.
Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Monica Bast said in her Oct. 7, 2011, sentencing decision that “vigilante justice cannot and will not be tolerated.”
However, Knight has now successfully appealed the decision.
“The defence argues that the sentencing judge wrongly characterized Knight’s actions as those of a vigilante. We agree,” said the Court of Appeal justices in a written decision.
After the decision from the Court of Appeal, Knight was given a conditional discharge and the original sentence was replaced with one year of probation and 100 hours of community service.
Knight shot Harold Groening around 2 a.m. on March 26, 2009, when Groening was trying to flee through a field after abandoning an attempted theft of Knight’s ATV.
Groening, who lived in Mirror at the time, along with Kyle Rosenthal, then 25, of Alix, and Nick Deweald, then 23, also of Alix, were under the influence of alcohol and drugs when they tried to load Knight’s ATV into a pickup truck.
Rosenthal and Dewald fled in the truck and Groening tried to drive off with the ATV.
Knight chased Groening in a car and the two vehicles collided when Groening tried crossing the road.
Groening landed in the ditch with the ATV, then got to his feet and started to run through the field.
Knight shot his 12-gauge shotgun into the air, but some pellets struck Groening and he fell to the ground.
When he got up, Knight shot at him again with pellets hitting Groening in the back and backside.
Court of Appeal justices says Bast’s decision “to characterize Knight’s conduct as vigilante justice” was “unfair.”
“Knight’s conduct here was fundamentally different,” said the justices.
In their written decision, the justices said Knight decisions were based on the fact someone woke him up in the middle of the night to steal his ATV on his property.
He never “took the law into his own hands to mete out the punishment he has determined the criminal deserves” as he was intending to apprehend Groening for authorities.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Were the shots "that were directed in the air" on his property or in any area that would be a threat to his or his family's safety?? I recall it wasn't. What I read was it was far, far from his property.

Anyone know what jives??

"JUSSSAYIN"

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Were the shots "that were directed in the air" on his property or in any area that would be a threat to his or his family's safety?? I recall it wasn't. What I read was it was far, far from his property.

Anyone know what jives??

"JUSSSAYIN"
Don't be a lib-tard. He did what every one of us on here would have done. The shots were "directed in the air" alright.....the flat air between his gun barrel and the perp's a$$. For once I am glad a smart-talking lawyer has gotten the right person off.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear he got off. just imagine.....thieves get out in 30 days...he i still in jail...at about 40 days they rob him blind!

should someone shoot someone over a theft under 5000? or theft at all? i dont know...i know i wouldnt...out of the guilt in my conscious that i actually murdered another human. i had my sled stolen right outta my truck in my own yard, parked up tight to the house...first night in its life spent outside. bringin it in to the dealership the next morning 2.5hrs away. woke up at 12 by the cops.

choked, pissed....didnt once think of killing someone over it. brand new only 200kms on her. 13G's.

Top Bottom