Vegas SHOOTING

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your twisting it and blowing it out of proportion. Most certainly wouldn't give guns to everyone how does that make any sense. Kim Jung is a prime example of the mentality of having a weapon makes him think he's powerful. Lots of people have that same mentality when it comes to guns or knives.

So its like driving? I can pass 100 cars and I am a good driver but anybody that passes me is e'ffn CRAZY :)

Fun fact, along with Lawn Darts, Kinder Surprize was banned from the US because it is a choking hazard (I mean they are cheap crap but really sounds like the parents should be a little smarter). Meanwhile, in the average year 1300 children die from gunshot wounds and another 5800 or so require medical attention. Canada has 355 per year of both injury and death for youths under 25 years old. Comparatively and adjusted for population differences, we seem to be having less of an issue in that particular area anyway.

It seems strange that something reasonably innocuous is immediately banned while something ridiculously dangerous in the wrong hands doesn't get any attention. I think the whole 2nd amendment was a typo. They meant to say "bare arms" meaning it was OK to wear short sleeves....

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The laws are different between Canada and the US. We are allowed a magazine that can only hold 5 cartridges where in the States depending on State can be as many as someone will design for that gun. The Liberal Govt has announced they will be implementing even more gun control measures before years end as per their election promises. In Canada we are losing more freedom every time a Liberal Govt takes office. Its only a matter of time and gun ownership will be a thing of the past in this country as the population starts to trend to more left of center. Remember, 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens that enjoy guns for hunting, sport shooting and property protection. That .1% of bad apples are deciding policy in our country. When terrorists bomb us we don't blame bombs, when terrorists run people over with vans, we don't blame vans, when terrorists cut people up with knives we don't blame knives but when terrorists kill with guns, we blame the guns. Where is the sense in that?

Why shouldn't it be legal? They are extremely fun to shoot. If you don't think an ar is accurate after a couple rounds then you haven't shot a good ar. Full auto and semi auto is extremely fun. I also find long range shooting fun too and relaxing. Just because you don't think a rifle can be used for anything but killing doesn't mean the rest of us that target shoot think the same way. I still remember being in the reserve shooting 3km out at night fall. Or sitting there at night watching guys shoot a ton of tracers. Its like watching fireworks. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it needs to be banned. There are a ton of people that would love a ban on all off road vehicles like sleds, quads and sxs's. Should they be banned? Lets try using some common sense here. Am I defending that fawking nut case?? Not a chance in hell. I feel sorry for everyone involved. But get off the BAN wagon already. Lets repair this at the base not just throw bandages on it which does nothing for the root case.
Exactly. Because it's not the norm, or society says it's wrong it must be banned.

We have lost all our rights but been given privileges.
No matter what gets used people will want to ban it. This summer it was friggin BBQ brushes. Go ahead ban it, cheaper to by a wire welding brush anyway lol.

Everyone gets a blue ribbon society.

Again on paper the guy in Vegas seemed to be a lawful citizen. I feel for the people, family and friends of all touched by this incident. Now let's start focusing on the WHY THE EFF did this happen?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you guys read about how much the bump stocks have gone up in sales because of this? No one has them in stock now down there. Because of the ban talk there were mass sales of these. Dealers were selling like 10 a year and now they are selling like crazy. LOL. Want to sell stuff? Talk about banning it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you guys read about how much the bump stocks have gone up in sales because of this? No one has them in stock now down there. Because of the ban talk there were mass sales of these. Dealers were selling like 10 a year and now they are selling like crazy. LOL. Want to sell stuff? Talk about banning it.
Dealers push this stuff hard when word starts circulating. They don't want to have to eat them so they dump them to recoup any loss they may take down the road.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think the dealers are pushing it. I believe they just sit back and collect the cash. Happens often down there. Even with ammo. A small shortage happens and word gets out then there is a huge rush to buy creating even a larger shortage. Its crazy.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank God we have a more civilized law that I am good with and don't think any change is necessary as it seems "balanced" imo! You are right though more people are starting to lean centre of cleft because the stupid politicians keep promising 72 virgins if they vote for them. Oops I meant no need to work hard and everything is handed to you on a silver platter :cool:

The laws are different between Canada and the US. We are allowed a magazine that can only hold 5 cartridges where in the States depending on State can be as many as someone will design for that gun. The Liberal Govt has announced they will be implementing even more gun control measures before years end as per their election promises. In Canada we are losing more freedom every time a Liberal Govt takes office. Its only a matter of time and gun ownership will be a thing of the past in this country as the population starts to trend to more left of center. Remember, 99.9% of gun owners are law abiding citizens that enjoy guns for hunting, sport shooting and property protection. That .1% of bad apples are deciding policy in our country. When terrorists bomb us we don't blame bombs, when terrorists run people over with vans, we don't blame vans, when terrorists cut people up with knives we don't blame knives but when terrorists kill with guns, we blame the guns. Where is the sense in that?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank God we have a more civilized law that I am good with and don't think any change is necessary as it seems "balanced" imo! You are right though more people are starting to lean centre of cleft because the stupid politicians keep promising 72 virgins if they vote for them. Oops I meant no need to work hard and everything is handed to you on a silver platter :cool:
Guess they didn't hear that since Hef died there are no Virgina left in heaven It isn't guns that kill people it nuts with guns that kill people. If we could just figure out who that might be...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup more civilized hahaha

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/index.jsp

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dennis, I'm not sure we are any more civilized but per more naive.

Or maybe it's a personal respect for our fellow man that we have that other countries don't

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in Mandalay Bay during the shooting. The festival was several hundred yards away. Many many shots fell away from the festival area. It was dark and he didn't know where a lot of shots were falling. You can see damage all over the place. There is no doubt that the volume of bullets was the sole reason for so many injuries. He did try to secure tracer bullets, and if he had, there could have been many many more injuries.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in Mandalay Bay during the shooting. The festival was several hundred yards away. Many many shots fell away from the festival area. It was dark and he didn't know where a lot of shots were falling. You can see damage all over the place. There is no doubt that the volume of bullets was the sole reason for so many injuries. He did try to secure tracer bullets, and if he had, there could have been many many more injuries.

Glad to hear that your OK.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hense the reason Canadians are respected all over the world! A few years ago I was on a commuter train in Nuremberg, Germany and seen some guys with backpacks on with Canadian flags. I approached them and asked where they were from in Canada and they said Vancouver. I asked them where in Vancouver and they could not answer and admitted they were Americans but did not want to expose them as such LOL. Oh well Lots of great Americans as well. Come to think of it don't know any bad ones all well respected/nice people. Sorry to be off topic a bit. Must be the Captain Morgan!!!!

Dennis, I'm not sure we are any more civilized but per more naive.

Or maybe it's a personal respect for our fellow man that we have that other countries don't

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hense the reason Canadians are respected all over the world! A few years ago I was on a commuter train in Nuremberg, Germany and seen some guys with backpacks on with Canadian flags. I approached them and asked where they were from in Canada and they said Vancouver. I asked them where in Vancouver and they could not answer and admitted they were Americans but did not want to expose them as such LOL. Oh well Lots of great Americans as well. Come to think of it don't know any bad ones all well respected/nice people. Sorry to be off topic a bit. Must be the Captain Morgan!!!!

Just came from a wedding in Mexico, great mix of Canadians, Americans and Irish. Good people everywhere.

To bad the crazies are the ones that stick out

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of talk about the need to ban full auto firearms.....however it appears as per news media, the shooter was using bump stocks on his rifles. Bump stocks are designed for semiautomatic rifles and by design one bullet fires for each time the trigger is pulled (or cycled). The shooter did not have full auto firearms, he had semi auto firearms that use a device that allows a super short trigger reset and recoil release to fire again. Sure, a bump stock can roughly appear to fire as a full auto firearm, but the true action is not the same. Should bump stocks be sold to the public?? I don't know, I personally don't see a use for them, they take a semi auto rifle and disrupt its operation, impeding control & safety of the rifle.

As for fully automatic firearms & their ownership or ability to acquire them in Canada or the USA, perhaps one should look up the laws around them because both countries have very restrictive laws on ownership of such firearms. He did not have any firearms of this type.

People who act in criminal ways do so regardless of laws, bans, etc. The shooter, while it is said he did make legal purchases, we are obviously aware of his criminal use of the firearms he purchased.

I cannot imagine what those who were there went through, the absolute horror of it all. And I found out after I had two cousins at the Route 91 concert who did make it out safely. The damage really has yet to be realized fully. People killed - people physically injured - probably all there will have to deal with some sort of mental injury/Ptsd - the financial costs for those injured will ultimately come into play and those there probably will never be the same again. Who knows what path their lives will take now - better or worse? What I am unfortunately almost certain of is that no real amount of fix will come out of this. Gun control measures?? If the US couldn't do anything after Sandy Hook and all those children being killed, I doubt this tragedy will yield anything more.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To imagine only the RCMP and some elected officials and appointees are the only ones able to have a firearm ?????? My opinion , you'd have to have been born yesterday to believe that would work out.
Get rid of any clip that holds more than 5 shots, initiate a fine for anyone selling bump stocks or any modification that cause or allows guns to hold more or work as a full automatic, but make the fine so substantial and the penaltys so severe , and vigorously enforce them , so only the true criminal will deal in these items. I have a few guns, enjoy them , and have big clips for a couple, which I bought at the local store , who told me legal was five shots, and then showed me exactly how simple it is to cause it to be altered to 25 shots ????? That product and others like it shouldn't even be allowed for sale, those are the types of things we should be banning, not the guns. Would it bother me to not be able to have a capacity of more than 5 shots in any of my guns, yeah a wee bit , but I think we'd all get over it quick , especially if it does limit even to a small degree incidents like in Vegas .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ i like.
banning guns, will just drive everything under ground. i'm like t-team think assault weapons with hundred round clips( insert your own number if that makes you happy) is not needed for hunting purposes(just killing), i'm not against 5-10 shot guns, but no matter what comes down the political pipe, there will be those who will modify to get what they want. i think for those that do the penalty should be high, not 30 days house arrest. substantial jail time in a work camp in siberia may work lol. i'm thinking more mental evaluation, may be the only thing that will help. easier access to professional help, friends and relatives need to check on people before they get to this stage, people who issue threat towards others should be forced into evaluation, a few here can use some professional evaluation. as has been stated these mass killers will use what is the easiest to use. right now easy access to guns is the preferred choice.

just my opinion, it is evolving, so please don't get your knickers in a not.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To imagine only the RCMP and some elected officials and appointees are the only ones able to have a firearm ?????? My opinion , you'd have to have been born yesterday to believe that would work out.
Get rid of any clip that holds more than 5 shots, initiate a fine for anyone selling bump stocks or any modification that cause or allows guns to hold more or work as a full automatic, but make the fine so substantial and the penaltys so severe , and vigorously enforce them , so only the true criminal will deal in these items. I have a few guns, enjoy them , and have big clips for a couple, which I bought at the local store , who told me legal was five shots, and then showed me exactly how simple it is to cause it to be altered to 25 shots ????? That product and others like it shouldn't even be allowed for sale, those are the types of things we should be banning, not the guns. Would it bother me to not be able to have a capacity of more than 5 shots in any of my guns, yeah a wee bit , but I think we'd all get over it quick , especially if it does limit even to a small degree incidents like in Vegas .
Well said. My AR came with a mag that only requires me to drill out a rivit and bingo, it now is good for 30 cartridges. They should only sell mags with a capacity of 5. What I do find stupid is mags for .22's now maxed out at 10. No one will use a .22 for killing people and this law only benefits gophers in my opinion. What also shocks me is Tannerite being legal? I'm shocked terrorists haven't caught on to that yet?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said. My AR came with a mag that only requires me to drill out a rivit and bingo, it now is good for 30 cartridges. They should only sell mags with a capacity of 5. What I do find stupid is mags for .22's now maxed out at 10. No one will use a .22 for killing people and this law only benefits gophers in my opinion. What also shocks me is Tannerite being legal? I'm shocked terrorists haven't caught on to that yet?

yup sks 5 shot limited mag, and bigger has a plastic spike? that can be snapped off and u have a 30 round clip. dooh, what deterrent is that, likely easy to get or make a bump stock, you then have a auto fire rifle for $250. ammo 1500 rds $250( insert your own number for those that need to argue) you have a fairly effective crowd dispensing tool. majority of gun owners are good people love there guns, i'm ok with that, it is the loonies that come out of the closet that disturbs me. best advice likely stay out of crowds.

it is like street cars with 500 plus horse power, fun to drive, only most can't get out of second gear legally. i hate government intervention, but it keeps getting worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom