Valemount RCMP (BULLETIN!!)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well looking at your sig, I'm not surprised you get pulled over all the time.

If you get HID's, don't cheap out get the proper ones, Those retrofit ones are like strapping a halogen worklight to the front of your truck.

HAHAHAHA go back to bed old balls!!!! The grown ups are talking here!!! LMFAO

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well looking at your sig, I'm not surprised you get pulled over all the time.

If you get HID's, don't cheap out get the proper ones, Those retrofit ones are like strapping a halogen worklight to the front of your truck.

Thanks for 2 cents!!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run HID's on my truck because I have to run my son to Hinton and back twice a week for hockey practice all winter long. They have saved us numerous times from colliding with moose or elk along Hwy 40 travelling back and forth in the dark all winter. I keep them properly adjusted, and never have my fog lights on when meeting approaching traffic. I got flashed more when I just ran SilverStars than I have running these HID's.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run HID's on my truck because I have to run my son to Hinton and back twice a week for hockey practice all winter long. They have saved us numerous times from colliding with moose or elk along Hwy 40 travelling back and forth in the dark all winter. I keep them properly adjusted, and never have my fog lights on when meeting approaching traffic. I got flashed more when I just ran SilverStars than I have running these HID's.
do you have projector lenses? while it's noble to run brighter lights to ensure the well being of you and your son, it is irresponsible to be glaring other drivers on the road. you can see better with HID's but got flashed more with silverstars? you do see the contradiction within this statement? disregard if you are running projectors....

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The SilverStars were just chucked in without adjusting the headlights, my fault. The HID's were installed professionally and adjusted properly; no issues. I've never had any issues as of yet in Valemount over the many years we have sledded there, but it seems like the RCMP are trying to pinch every dime out of the sledding community in the winter months they can now and calling it "Safety issues". One "Money grab" ticket to our crew of 40+ year old sledders and we will never turn left at Tete Jaune again. Just sayin'.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The SilverStars were just chucked in without adjusting the headlights, my fault. The HID's were installed professionally and adjusted properly; no issues. I've never had any issues as of yet in Valemount over the many years we have sledded there, but it seems like the RCMP are trying to pinch every dime out of the sledding community in the winter months they can now and calling it "Safety issues". One "Money grab" ticket to our crew of 40+ year old sledders and we will never turn left at Tete Jaune again. Just sayin'.
adjusted properly means nothing if they are not in projector housings. it's against the law for a reason, HID's in stock housings can never be adjusted properly. period.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about sled decks on half tons?

here we go again

beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and it's not a money grab ticket if you are BREAKING THE LAW
yea that what they say about photo radar they say it's a deturant their full of it. So why is the valemont area that every one complains about plus what happened a few years ago at the snow & mud bash when they rented the gym at the school and the cops were dumping the boose at the bathroom instead of warning the guys ( but gee thats the law). Plus why were they in the school why not be outside waiting for the idiats who would drive drunk. So which is more important a dui or open boose in a building daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea that what they say about photo radar they say it's a deturant their full of it. So why is the valemont area that every one complains about plus what happened a few years ago at the snow & mud bash when they rented the gym at the school and the cops were dumping the boose at the bathroom instead of warning the guys ( but gee thats the law). Plus why were they in the school why not be outside waiting for the idiats who would drive drunk. So which is more important a dui or open boose in a building daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Rly......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were they giving out tickets for that? sure it was dicky of them not to say "do not leave the hall area with your drinks" but they weren't giving out fines for it. they were in the school to see who the idiots were probably. their presence was probably an excellent deterrent to those that may have decided to take a chance on heading out and driving. you would be bitching as well if they never made an appearance at all and cherry picked the drunks trying to drive away.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
no but they skimmed Retodd's drink out of his hand while he was taking a pizz......

Bwahahahahaha.... Guess they are lucky it was Todd and not say troy...or wade....or murray....

were they giving out tickets for that? sure it was dicky of them not to say "do not leave the hall area with your drinks" but they weren't giving out fines for it. they were in the school to see who the idiots were probably. their presence was probably an excellent deterrent to those that may have decided to take a chance on heading out and driving. you would be bitching as well if they never made an appearance at all and cherry picked the drunks trying to drive away.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no but they skimmed Retodd's drink out of his hand while he was taking a pizz......

Bwahahahahaha.... Guess they are lucky it was Todd and not say troy...or wade....or murray....
lol....I would have just stated that I didn't know that was the rule, apologized, and finished relieving myself. on his fawking boot.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a point the OP is trying to make has been overlooked. HID lights have been illegal in BC for some time, but it has always been what they refer to as "soft enforcement". This is now changing I was informed by the local RCMP and CVSE at a roadside check that HID lights will soon be in "hard enforcement" which means if you have them, you will either have to change them on the spot or your vehicle will be towed to an authorized repair shop and will not be released until proper repairs are preformed.

I should add this is a change for the ENTIRE province of BC, not just Valemount.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a point the OP is trying to make has been overlooked. HID lights have been illegal in BC for some time, but it has always been what they refer to as "soft enforcement". This is now changing I was informed by the local RCMP and CVSE at a roadside check that HID lights will soon be in "hard enforcement" which means if you have them, you will either have to change them on the spot or your vehicle will be towed to an authorized repair shop and will not be released until proper repairs are preformed.

I should add this is a change for the ENTIRE province of BC, not just Valemount.

I guess the law is the law.......:(I'll throw a set of factory bulbs in the truck to carry with me in BC I guess. :rolleyes:

07dmax360

Reaction score
According to Edmonton police, there is nothing that makes them illegal except for their lumens, if they can prove they are over 6,000 lumens, then they are illegal. There is no law stating that they have to be in a projector style housing. This should be a federal law. The local fuzz may be enforcing a local by-law that out of towners don't know about.

Further more, I have HID lights, in a gmc sierra, bulbs are in denali headlight fixtures, which are projector style, and factory GM original equipment, and the bulbs are 6,000 lumens, and i still get flashed from oncoming motorists on low beam.

I have put the same bulbs in my wife's ford edge, and have yet to be even questioned about them, sounds kinda hoakey to me!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
If you keep getting flashed maybe they need aiming?????
According to Edmonton police, there is nothing that makes them illegal except for their lumens, if they can prove they are over 6,000 lumens, then they are illegal. There is no law stating that they have to be in a projector style housing. This should be a federal law. The local fuzz may be enforcing a local by-law that out of towners don't know about.

Further more, I have HID lights, in a gmc sierra, bulbs are in denali headlight fixtures, which are projector style, and factory GM original equipment, and the bulbs are 6,000 lumens, and i still get flashed from oncoming motorists on low beam.

I have put the same bulbs in my wife's ford edge, and have yet to be even questioned about them, sounds kinda hoakey to me!!!!

• Recommends
Reactions: LBZ
Top Bottom