Valemount Crystal Ridge SledSki Area

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO PUMPED:bandance:

Went for a quick flight this morning up to the Crystal Ridge to grab this arial photo, big thanks to Yellowhead Helicopters.

Place is looking sick. Just awaiting a bit more of the white stuff before we head out to make some turns!

Attachments

• P11010346.jpg
    P11010346.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 246

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curtis how did you thin those trees. Did you have mechanical help? The trees you dropped what did you do with them? How many workers? Was a logging company working with you or for you? Just a few questions I have. Hope I didn`t ask the wrong questions but I just need to know.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun my son and i were just talking
about looking for a place like this .
Is there a web site
Where is it

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sledderglen, pm me if there is something you need done with trees/ bush as I do lots with clearing/brushing every summer, I have log grapples, root grapples and run on tracks so no damage to the area. Let me know if I can help you with info or work. THX

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun my son and i were just talking
about looking for a place like this .
Is there a web site
Where is it

The area is access minutes from the townsite. Staging is from the existing westrige parking area and there is a 12km long trail in. More info will be up on our website www.valemountrecdevelopment.com early next week now that I have a decent photo

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis how did you thin those trees. Did you have mechanical help? The trees you dropped what did you do with them? How many workers? Was a logging company working with you or for you? Just a few questions I have. Hope I didn`t ask the wrong questions but I just need to know.

We thinned the trees by hand through a tender process. No mechanical work at all. We only cleared non merchantable timber and hazard trees. All timber was left on the forest floor, limbed and cut as needed to lay flat and aid decomposition.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
just a suggestion Curtis, on that photo, can you mark where the snowmobile "run" is and where the ski/board runs are? gives users an idea....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Curtis is having a hard time prying his mitts off of a 2013 XM....:d:cool:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any update on this Curtis. Has anyone checked it out. Most likely low snow but I`m just wondering.

Likely heading out there on friday if all goes as planned. we have just been waiting for a bit more lower valley snow....which just does not seem to want to happen. hoping this front will bring it in

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great first day up the sled ski facility today. We installed some temporary directional signage from the Westridge staging area to get people into the facility until the final sign order comes in.

Good snow up there but still a little thin (140cms) although the new runs are amazing. What a cool project to be a part of!

Attachments

• aaDSCN3324.jpg
    aaDSCN3324.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 101
  • aaDSCN3326.jpg
    aaDSCN3326.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 102
  • aaDSCN3327.jpg
    aaDSCN3327.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 105
  • aaDSCN3347.jpg
    aaDSCN3347.jpg