Valemount Crystal Ridge SledSki Area

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking sweet!
I've always wanted to make the trip up to Valemount (ride mostly Golden and Revy) and I will say that your sled-ski spot will finally get us up there for a trip.
Good work!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had our Grand Opening for the Crystal Ridge today. A balmy -24 this morn, but some great lines to be had.

Attachments

• editDSC_1225.jpg
    editDSC_1225.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 202
  • editDSC_1234.jpg
    editDSC_1234.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 204
  • editDSC_1239.jpg
    editDSC_1239.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 201
  • editDSC_1252.jpg
    editDSC_1252.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 201
  • editDSC_1254.jpg
    editDSC_1254.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 199
  • editDSC_1269.jpg
    editDSC_1269.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 198

LeapingLizzard

Reaction score
Website
www.tdkcustomhomes.com
I'm Sooo pumped to try this place out. My buddy and I are bringing our wives up this weekend to go skiing and boarding! Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to get down and back up again? Half hour round trip maybe? Do you recommend installing the ski/board holders on the sled? Maybe a toboggan to throw the gear in??

Thanks Varda for this wicked idea!!

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm Sooo pumped to try this place out. My buddy and I are bringing our wives up this weekend to go skiing and boarding! Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to get down and back up again? Half hour round trip maybe? Do you recommend installing the ski/board holders on the sled? Maybe a toboggan to throw the gear in??

Thanks Varda for this wicked idea!!

Have you guys ever tandem'd up to do ski laps before? You double up side by side (like in the pictures above) instead of front and back, works way better. Much easier with a rack, especially with skis.

If you do end up towing people (it sucks) be very courteous to others on the trail, that rope can clothesline someone coming the other way pretty quick.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Th.anks Varda for this wicked idea!!

once you are in, we have done an up and down in 19minutes, but your legs are darn tired. very easy way to carry gear is to simply bungy it to your running boards and protect your sled/equipment with blue foamy sleeping pad type things. if you have any questions, call me wednesday morning at 2505664817
c

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the guy with the skis stack them one on top of the other, kind of like a snowboard, or were they like in the cheetah?
I never tried skis in my Knight Rider

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did the guy with the skis stack them one on top of the other, kind of like a snowboard, or were they like in the cheetah?
I never tried skis in my Knight Rider

He had em stacked on top of each other, strapped down with the normal strap, even had the poles on the rack. It worked, I'll give him that.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis just wanted to say a big Thank you to yourself and VARDA for constantly looking for new ways to improve sledding for your areas and other areas and for your continued support on trying to work with different groups that might not see eye to eye! I know a lot of places people hate sledders and sledders hate skiiers and it's just an on going negative cycle but with Varda opening up a sled/ski area I think it will do wonders for the sled and ski and relationships! Castle ski hill in crowsnest where I'am from has an area about 3 km's that allows great access for people to come ski/sled at the same time and gain the appreciation of both sports! Great Job curtis and VARDA!!!

LeapingLizzard

Reaction score
Website
www.tdkcustomhomes.com
Have you guys ever tandem'd up to do ski laps before? You double up side by side (like in the pictures above) instead of front and back, works way better. Much easier with a rack, especially with skis.

If you do end up towing people (it sucks) be very courteous to others on the trail, that rope can clothesline someone coming the other way pretty quick.

Yep tandem it is. Hope my wife can hold on lol!! We will be strapping the boards to the sled in their bags to prevent damage. Can't wait. Hope there is some fresh out there!

Max

Reaction score
Great day at Crystal ridge, sun and fresh snow. Just need to get a removable set up to strap the skis to the XM.
Great job VARDA, the trail was good

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day at Crystal ridge, sun and fresh snow. Just need to get a removable set up to strap the skis to the XM.
Great job VARDA, the trail was good

Glad you guys are enjoying this unique place.

im going to try to whip something up with the linq system for skis/boards. Ill let you know how I make out.

• Thanks
Reactions: Max

Max

Reaction score
Wore my klims from town & switched to regular ski boots at the hill, U could wear them from the parking lot as the the tral is easy

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT

VARDA is applying for the funding through a local grant program to finalize the development and access of the Crystal Ridge Sled Ski Facility. This will include two additional runs bringing the total to 6 and rehabilitation of the access trail to ensure a safe and sustainable access route to the area.

If you have used this area and appreciate what it is, PLEASE take 5 minutes and write a letter of support stating your appreciation of this unique facility and your use of the area.

It does not have to be long, just PLEASE write something!

Address it to:
Village of Valemount
Community Iniatives Program, Screening Committee.

I need as many letters as possible by Wednesday the 27th. The letters should be emailed to me at varda@valemount.ca.

Thank you for your support of this unique project!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Is there a warm up cabin in the future plans???The only reason we didn't check this out at Christmas was because we had little kids in our group and didn't want to be to far from shelter.
IMPORTANT

VARDA is applying for the funding through a local grant program to finalize the development and access of the Crystal Ridge Sled Ski Facility. This will include two additional runs bringing the total to 6 and rehabilitation of the access trail to ensure a safe and sustainable access route to the area.

If you have used this area and appreciate what it is, PLEASE take 5 minutes and write a letter of support stating your appreciation of this unique facility and your use of the area.

It does not have to be long, just PLEASE write something!

Address it to:
Village of Valemount
Community Iniatives Program, Screening Committee.

I need as many letters as possible by Wednesday the 27th. The letters should be emailed to me at varda@valemount.ca.

Thank you for your support of this unique project!

Top Bottom