Valemount ATVing

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Through VARDA I have been applying for grants to develope an ATV strategy and trail map for our area(Valemount). I think my last application was successful and should be finalized by the end of this week hopefully.

We need to guide our visiting riders to areas that are environmentally sustainable and have no impact on the threatened Mountain Caribou (so yes that means please stay out of Allan this summer folks !) We are hoping to focus more of our efforts down the Kinbasket Lake Drainage as there are endless opportunities down the lake for excellent ATVing, and even mud bogging on the lake flats in early spring. Lots of potential.

As I do not own an ATV, I have not spent much time exploring these roads, except in hunting season with a full size truck. So this summer we will be focussing on GPSing and gathering trail info for a map which would come out summer of 09.

Long story short, I GOING TO NEED SOME FOLKS TO RIDE WITH during the week to gather info on these trails. I thought is would be a great way to get small group rides together. I can do most of the organizing here at the office, but if you are coming up here to ride this summer, drop me a line and let me know, ill then find us an area for the day and post on here so anyone else interested can come as well.

Should be a good time and a great way to grow the sport.

Drop me a line :D
250-566-4817
varda@valemount.com

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just accquired a 21' cuddy cabin from some smart tradin. Beautiful rig. Look me up and Ill take you out on the lake after some dust ! you buy the beer :D

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have plans to come up in the next few weeks ? Shoot me a pm if you want to go do some exploring. I should be picking up VARDA's quad next week.

snowtractor

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm pretty new to snow and mud but i am coming out to the area at the end of june and would like a little guideance on some aras to quad. i have a gps if somebody could get back to me with some info that would be great thankyou

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest.

Ill be working on riding and GPSing trails for the next while as long as I can find volunteers to ride with. If I get some good trails and info, I will get the information to you
c

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos from the Westridge FSR ride. Its about 26km in and takes you near the headwaters of the Mcleanan River. Beautiful scenery ! We put on 65km on the ride by taking a loop back down from the Power Plant at 14km. This would be a great ride for the entire family.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks very enticing curtis, I have wanted to come out quadding there for years and have never made it........ Looks like that will change this summer...
Great pictures, looks amazing......:thumbsup2::perfect10:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
WOW!Awesome pics gonna have to head out that way one of these days.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey great pics where abouts do you unload at i'm heading out in about 2 weeks in that direction

The first set is the Westridge area just behind the town of Valemount. You would park and unload that the hydro station at the beginning of the westridge FSR. Head south from Valemount about 1km until you see the mill turnoff on the left, turn right at this intersection and follow the gravel road to the substaion and have at it.

The second set is from a logging road down the east side of kinbasket lake. Just park at the beginning of any one of the mulitlple FSR and head on up for an adventure. I will give the name soon, but there is a mineral claim up there with some small machines workin and I cannot lead folks in that direction until some safety measures are taken, signs etc

Great camping down this areas as well

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be posting pics and giving advice on some areas this summer, but the work I am doing now is for next year. I need to ride and record these areas, then discuss them with other users, ministries, loggers, miners etc before VARDA can promote them as an organization, but feel free to call or email and I will be sure you have a good time.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Awesome Pics Curtis... That Snow Avalanche Across The Trail Is Incredible... Can See The Dirtline In The Snow Avalanche, As If The Trail Wasn't There.....was The Trail Passable Around That Point??

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, its unfortunate that the pics do not do it justice. It was on of the longest and largest slides i have seen. It looked like a loooong snake winding down the valley. There was even a very large river created from its melting

Unfortunately I was unable to continue on the trail, but I wll be back

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We purchased one of the rental units from Alpine. Its an 06 Canam 400. Good little unit and I wanted to buy a machine that the shop has had experience with.

Top Bottom