Valemount ATVing

snowtractor

Reaction score
Hey thanks curtis for the directions for quading i will be back to do it again couldnt get to the cabin a clemina but still had a good ride otherwise thanks again
kyle

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no worries, sorry I could not make it out. We had a presentation for our new downtown revitalization project and it was kids day at the firehall !

Hammer

Reaction score
Hi, we are planning a trip to your area July 25 and would like to know how the quading is and accomodations. Thks Hammer

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Hammer

The quadding is great around here, with excellent forestry roads to get you way into the backcountry or even try your hand at catching on of our giant Bull Trout in one of the many creek mouths on your way down the lake.

My time is limited this morning as Im heading out for Holidays in a minute, but I will return on the 8th and send some great information on areas to ride.

For accomodations check out our sponor listings on our website for businessess that support your sport !

Talk to you soon
Curtis

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of our latest ride. Its was 35 degrees down in the valley and a mountain top had never felt so nice. This could be an amazing trail once I get all the ducks in line on it, pipeline permission etc. I call it the "Sea to Sky Trail" as it takes you from the lakeshore up to the top of Canoe Mountain at 8600'. This is one of our special areas in Valemount as an old fireroad takes us to the top of this beautiful peak and as long as riders stay on the road, no damage can occur to the alpine.

Enjoy the pics and let me know if you are coming up for a ride !

Curtis

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a few shots from our ride yesterday.

This was an excellent ride, one of the funnest I have been on. Its located in the Westridge area and utilizes some amazing old forestry roads with large elevation gains. Overall a 80km ride with the option of a 45 min hike to a 7200' peak overlooking the entire valley. Call it a "Bike n Hike". There was some backtracking, although with the scenery you would never know. Next years map should be full of great rides.

Let me know if your coming up and maybe we can head out for a ride !

Attachments

• SM CIMG2376.JPG
    SM CIMG2376.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 73
  • SM CIMG2378.JPG
    SM CIMG2378.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 75
  • SM CIMG2391.JPG
    SM CIMG2391.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 80
  • SM CIMG2393.jpg
    SM CIMG2393.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 82
  • SM CIMG2398.JPG
    SM CIMG2398.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 77

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last bunch

Attachments

• SM CIMG2415.jpg
    SM CIMG2415.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 80
  • SM CIMG2414.jpg
    SM CIMG2414.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 82
  • SM CIMG2404.jpg
    SM CIMG2404.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 81
  • SM CIMG2398.JPG
    SM CIMG2398.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 83

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you found a new hobby Curtis. Might get up for a ride in Aug.:beer:

Hammer

Reaction score
Hey Curtis, Those are some AWESOME pics. We are unsure as to when we will make it out there this summer, but it is on the top of our list for tours this year. We are planning a trip with a few friends and you know how that goes trying to get everyones schedules together. I will drop you a line as to when we will be out and if you have time .........come along for the day with us. Greg

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please stay on the trail !

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have some serious issues in our Clemina Creek snowmobile area. Until this season there has been a single track trail from the FSR road crossing the wetland section to get to the Clemina cabin by ATV. Recently there has been some serious off trail use in this area and the damage to the wetland is extensive and growing.

I recieved an email this morning that was on its way to the conservation service with these statements attached:

"there is a budding environmental damage issue in the Clemina Creek snowmobile cabin area."

"Could you please prioritize the need for weekend patrols in the Clemina snowmobile cabin area for the next couple of weekends based on the photos and get back to me."

"the damaged area has approximately doubled in one week in this meadow and has started to spread out to other meadows and wetlands down the valley from the cabin. He doesn't know if there is more damage at higher elevations"

Needless to say this is not what we are promoting and we do not want this type of damage to happen in any of our areas.

Please stay on the trail and ride with the environment in mind. We are trying to grow an industry and this is not a good way to start.

Pls Ride Smart

Attachments

• mud3.jpg
    mud3.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 98

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you that don't know, the new law in B.C. for alpine riding prohibits the use of quads off the forestry roads. If caught the fines are as high as $100,000 and up to 2 years in jail. What was done in the Climina alpine is going fuel the fire to have quads banned on our forestry roads. I hope that it was not anyone on this site. We will have to start spending $$ to have someone watching the apline in the summer, money that I know could be spend on more productive things.

Top Bottom