V-force reeds>>> not happy!!!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 09 800 Dragon, been wondering why lately it has been hard starting and no mid range left, so pulled the V-Force reeds out and they were chipped, cracked and wore right out after 750miles, talked to my dealer and they have had 5 800's witht the same probs, V-Force just not standing up in the 800 liberties. What Gives V-Force????.... they charge alot of bucks for these dam things and they dont even last a season.... Anybody else??

Here is a pic....

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 44

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 m8 sp..... 1100 miles looked the same way...
boyesen rage cage the way to go....
all we do at t&t power now

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 m8 sp..... 1100 miles looked the same way...
boyesen rage cage the way to go....
all we do at t&t power now

I've talked to a couple guys who have said the same with the boyesen, do you know how the 800 libs like them?,,,,,, thanks for the imput...

Hitchguy

Reaction score
I'm sure by the looks of those that the the machines liked them TOO much! just saying:d:d:d:d:d:d

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of years back I was looking for some new reeds for my 03 F7.Looked at V-Force and than heard about Boyesen but couldnt find any info on them for the F7. I send Boyesen a E-Mail to ask which model of theirs would be best. No B S two days later I get a return E-Mail telling me from Boyesen that V-Force was better than Boyesen for the 03 F7 ! Before buying any after market add ons or replacement parts its worth your time + $$$$ to do some research. Maybe I was just lucky to talk to a honest person at Boyesen,but I sure would of been pissed off if I had bought the reeds,installed,than run the sled to find they didnt work any better than stock.Thanks Boyesen ! You will not get any negative waves from me.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that post ,got side tracked .You where talking about not being happy about V-Force reeds. friends that have been driving RMKs for years have told me Boyesen is the way to go.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking to put a set in my 07 summit 800R, and wondering what anyone has for input on this... Like you say, big bucks for them, don't want to waste money if the stock ones work just as well.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the past I haven't had any luck with the V-force either. IMO they weren't worth the money. Have a set of Boysene's in a '08 XP with no problems so far.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a buddy that has a 800 dragon with vees in it and he has had problems with snow in his air box.... its coming in around the head light.... it caused his reeds to chip too.... water = frosen tips = breakage..... i have 1500 miles on my 800r with vees in there and have had no problem...
i have tryed boysen's too and think the vees are better..... way snappyer... but different set ups mabe different....

Dino

Reaction score
Running a set of Boysens in my 04 800 Rev and a set of VF4 in my 06 800 Rev. 1000 miles on the 04 and the Boysens are holding up quite well. Only 600 miles on the 06 but dooing fine. Performance ....they both seem to be about the same. I like the Boysen set up with the aluminun reed boot better. Dino

powerclaw

Reaction score
we always use v force in the cat and never had a problem as of yet, but i do know a couple guys with no luck with the polaris 800. very responsive bottom end and mid range throttle response.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
v force do work good, you just have to check them every season on the big twins. as due to increased vibration they are prone to cracking....chipping...etc ...no issues on the triples...as they are smoother...

imo the v-force are more plyable and responsive, however like going to a lighter skid or a-arms on our sleds, theres pros and cons..

the boysen are tougher and may not be as responsive but. they do last.

like anything there are some brands that just work better on certain machines...

welcome to the world of performance........

good luck..

Terry

Top Bottom