Pms fix kit feed back

sledfreak76

Reaction score
Hello fellow Dragon owners!! Im new here, but an old snowmobiler with much experience! I have an 08 Dragon RMK 163" it was a pile of dung when I first bought it.... It squeaked the mag exhaust skirt, so tore it down. This is what I have done and and with nearly 800 miles since the makeover. Its a completely new sled and has major torque!! I installed the Namura piston kit, went well. Has SLP pipe and airbox addons. PC3 with a merge of 2 maps, SLP and Dynotechs with some adjustments. Coolant bypass added on the mag side head. AND!!! I added a 1000 ohm resistor on the number 2 pin at the airtemp sensor on the air box, yesss. Very needed for the underhood heat fools the air temp throwing the ecu to lean the fuel control, especially when tree donking with panels in place. Made a big difference!! No More Lean BOG!!! It fools the ecu thinking its 20 degrees cooler, fuel milage has not been adversely effected and runs very well all conditions, strong! My dragon turns heads now when climbing! And, I built my own fuel filter from 30 dollars worth of parts from Napa. The Polaris mini filter is pathetic! and 120 dollars!! Now every filter change is 7.50, and 3 times bigger! Makes a big difference if it is hard starting, for fuel flow is hindered if slightly restricted, and watch out, the oe hose does kink! restriciton is lean!!! Im at 6000 to 7000 feet el. and it pulls 64 gram weights to 8200 rpm every time, and pulls my arms out of my sockets! I also installed the team tied, omg... can I say smooth and belt life! 1 belt most of the year! Hope this info helps!! Good Luck with your Dragon Woes.....

akrevrider

Reaction score
Engine:Newcylinders, pistons/rings/head (Fix Kit by Mtn tech Perf) installed by HatcherPass Polaris,SLP coolant by-passkit, PCV w/ DTR fuel maps with a multiple elevation map switch. The sled hasstrong smooth power from the bottom end to 8,150rpms up a steep slope. 159-162hp. Polaris update kit & PCVinstalled at 400 miles & the Fix Kit & pipe combo at 900 miles. Compressionis 145 psi in both cylinders. The Power Commander V is a proven fuel managementsystem.

Exhaust:*NewAaen single pipe w/ new high flow can7 HP gain 10 lb. loss. This set up is Dyno Tech Research (DTR) tested toproduce the most reliable power using a single pipe with a neighborhoodfriendly sound. The sound is a really nice and it screams when the throttle iscracked wide open. The silencer is the correct one tested to produce the rightback pressure.

Airintake: SLP Big Air intake/SLP Power Valves on air box w/SLP filter. Everything was disassembled this season, resealed w/ new SLPmaterial; clean air in deep snow. 2-Cool dash air vent/adjuster knob cover. Newparts include a fuel filter, exhaust temp probe, updated voltage regulator.

Last edited:

chromed

Reaction score
I am looking for some input. I have a 09 Dragon 163 and had the fix kit installed along with a new top end. I did not replace the head , this is the head from polaris when they did the recall and owners got new pistons and a head (dealer/mechanic recommended putting the orginal 09 head on before recall). I was able to ride the sled after the fix kit install a couple weeks ago. The dealer/mechanic has flashed my computer back to the 2008 flash as recommend by the kit. I was only able to pull 7900 rpm on the trail and 7800 to 7850 when climbing at elevation. Compression before the new top end and fix kit was down around 105 psi, and is now back up to over 125 psi (where it was new) with the new top end and fix kit. I have took the sled back to the dealer and the TPS has been checked and adjusted (was hardly out) and everything else checks out.. The dealer/mechanic still recommends putting the original polaris head on before the recall in order to increase the rpm along with compression. I am skeptical and not sure that this will help...

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
SLP head is one of the ones that will work the best, dont ever listen to a polaris dealership, they sold all of us the Dragon we had to fix, what the hell do they know. If you have any questions concerning more hp or rpm out of your Dragon, Chris at Parkland is the guy to talk to. He is one that suffered the dragons engine and has made it mean lean kicking machine that we all have had done by him today. I also recommend in getting a power commander it will fuel the sled properly through the Rpm's.

sledhead69

Reaction score
Have a 2010 switchback 800 with 3000 miles on it.............i havent had any issues with it so far........what should a guy look for before riding this season.......check the top end?Fix kit? or am i one of the lucky ones that might go for ever....NOT

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Im doing the fix kit on mine now and it has 3300 miles only has the update done, never blew up. I'm not chancing a helo ride so I decided it was best to do the kit its alot cheaper if you do it before it melts because cylinders are $700 + not to mention if you break something in the bottom end. I helped my buddy do his and its a simple top end rebuild. He did the whole deal though (Fix kit , high comp head, power commanderV, vforce reeds, and the slp pipe). We lined up side by side and raced not... even... close.. And climbing he was getting in places I couldn't until it was really broken down. So I would say doing the kit its a good idea.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I drove all the way put to Loyd on the weekend to finally try out my dragon with the fix kit. It ran excellent. Pulled real hard, with zero hesitation and no hick-ups. What a diference compared to last year. im running A peak 2.5 163 with 64 gram belly buster weights, the rpms didnt fluctuate and held 8250 rpm. Cant wait to actually ride it in some deep snow. I also have an SLP pipe system, v force reeds and geared it 19/42. Have a trip booked for Nov. 23 in Mcbride, ill make sure to post some video's when i get back!!!!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And were did you guys buy this kit and get the setup from ??????

Tang

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing the SLP Pipe Set with the PA Heads 13.1..................I already have the PC5 and the "Fix Kit" installed. My question is, what weights would I run for around home 2,000 feet elevation and around the mountains say for 6,000 - 8,000 feet.

Thanks

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Does the kit come with 2 base gaskets or one ? And if only one do you recommend buying a new one ?

pud

Reaction score
I have a 09 800 switchback and just had the fix kit installed, went for first ride and everything seemed fine made about 60 miles. we went out yesterday again, but now sometimes when accellerating the check engine light would start to come on but as soon as i let off the throttle would go out. The only difference from two rides is colder out the second day(-24 c or so ) and i put on a straightline can for the second ride. It shouldn't be a fuel issue cus was riding with a 2010 rmk running same fuel and everything working good. I have the apr 2010 flash installed, would the can cause it to throw a light? I am gonna try stock can today and see if light comes on, does anyone have any feedback that might help?

pud

Reaction score
I ran it with the stock can today and light was still coming on, checked compression and was same on both sides, gonna try to get a calibration done on the tps, can't get in until thursday hope thats all, also the plugs look to be a nice tan colour, thanks for your help.

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Just started mine up , sprung to life after 3 pulls temps good and idling fine at 1750 -1800 waiting for it to cool down now to re-torque then head bolts then I'll take it for a little run she how it feels.

Top Bottom