Used sled prices

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is a 2020.5 turbo with 1500km worth? Mint upgraded bumpers.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats everyones thoughts on future new sales based on the used prices taking hit… it’s not only the depreciation to consider now we have drastic price increase year over year creating a undesirable spread.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think people may hold on to their sleds longer.

How much does someone want to pay for BNG?

That said, I think the G5s will hold its value a bit better than the g4s are now, because its a new chassis(or plastics what ever) and that always makes the previous versions less desirable

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the demand but I think the snow checks will take a beating this year. Perfect storm on high interest, low snow and used market down.

G5 will hold their value..makes the g4 look like a turd. Lol.

G5 starting to look like the xm again. I never did like the g4.

50643D8C-8F4F-4D3F-B034-767A740E1B15.jpeg

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to realize once you buy a sled that money is gone or you shouldn't buy one.
Ride em five or six years and face the fact it aint worth much. That's what I do and because they are not worth much I give them away to my kids.

Life is short and you can't take it with you.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a used G4 turbo has already lost $4k in value since November, what are they going to be at come spring?

Gonna be a lot of heartbreak when people realize their $28k turbo halved in value in less than 2 years.

The sled industry will tank if that’s the case.

No one will buy new and used will be hard to find.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled industry will tank if that’s the case.

No one will buy new and used will be hard to find.

100%, but these manufacturers need a reality check. Like look at the 9R, it's what a $4k premium over the 850. Can't tell me it costs that much to cnc port the cylinder and lighten the crank. I bet their cost difference is less than $1g, so the rest is profit. BRP is making huge profits right now too.

I think you'll see prices drop, and manufacturers will cut costs. Logical answer is to drop engine options and track choices, at least for Polaris. And we'll go back to 4 or 5 years where mechanically the sled stays the same MY to MY and just BNG.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was going to buy a 9r. ouch. 2g's more than i paid for my boost. i want another sled with the 7s. wife's is a 2021.
fella i know decided last week he is done with sledding. i bought his 22 850 with extras for a really good price. 270 miles on it.
warranty until end of nov 2025. kinda need to be able to luck out sometimes.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to realize once you buy a sled that money is gone or you shouldn't buy one.
Ride em five or six years and face the fact it aint worth much. That's what I do and because they are not worth much I give them away to my kids.

Life is short and you can't take it with you.
Are you open to adopting a 42 year old? If not, could you have a talk with my current parents? Lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%, but these manufacturers need a reality check. Like look at the 9R, it's what a $4k premium over the 850. Can't tell me it costs that much to cnc port the cylinder and lighten the crank. I bet their cost difference is less than $1g, so the rest is profit. BRP is making huge profits right now too.

I think you'll see prices drop, and manufacturers will cut costs. Logical answer is to drop engine options and track choices, at least for Polaris. And we'll go back to 4 or 5 years where mechanically the sled stays the same MY to MY and just BNG.
Ha
Manufactures need a reality check ? The consumers are the ones that drive the stupid pricing . Quit buying and things will cool.
New new every year , want want want .. lol
Number a years ago I said the used market was screwed for pricing as who in there right mind would buy a used sled for a couple thousand less then new .
Market would correct again to where first year of ownership will be huge depreciation like it used to be .
Mid 90’s into the early 2000’s it was $5k the first year and roughly $2k after that into the three years . That was when sleds brand new were $ 12-13k and then doubled that up make the POS work .lol
So now a sled is $27k and people are freaking out about losing $10 the first year ? Seems about right to me with how expensive this new chit is to repair ?
Dealers used to have two, three year carry overs when snow conditions sucked and tough times .
History always repeats itself so suck it up ! !
Lol

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha
Manufactures need a reality check ? The consumers are the ones that drive the stupid pricing . Quit buying and things will cool.
Number a years ago I said the used market was screwed for pricing as who in there right mind would buy a used sled for a couple thousand less then new .
Market would correct again to where first year of ownership will be huge depreciation like it used to be .
Mid 90’s into the early 2000’s it was $5k the first year and roughly $2k after that into the three years . That was when sleds brand new were $ 12-13k and then doubled that up make the POS work .lol
So now a sled is $27k and people are freaking out about losing $10 the first year ? Seems about right to me with how expensive this new chit is to repair ?
Dealers used to have two, three year carry overs when snow conditions sucked and tough times .
Lol
I have to agree on some of your thoughts, with some dealers once again pushing for customers to pre deposit just to be on the spring order list don't expect new to come down in price untill dealers start sitting on new models! I can't imagine what finance rates will be on new units next year but I'm thinking it's going to start trimming out the non cash buyers real hard!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha
Lol

You missed my point, I never said it wasn't consumers that tolerate current pricing, although manufacturers decreasing supply is also a contributing factor in this.

My point is will manufacturers be able to adjust and lower prices, maybe even up to 25%, to move inventory or will they even be willing to? They've clearly been the benefactor in this. Their business model will need to change.

Will a company like Arctic cat survive? If not will prices actually change if there's only 2 manufacturers left?

It doesn't hurt my feelings if someone looses $10k in a year on a new sled, and quite frankly I'm hoping to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom