Ufc 129

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone watching the fights this weekend? any predictions?

gsp vs shields----i'm taking GSp. shields is good, but pretty one dimensional i think

couture vs machida --- taking couture, he's a master planner and has proven he knows how to win. although machida is VERY hard to hit. i like both guys

aldo vs homminick --- gonna take homminick just cause he's canadian. aldo is a bad MFer so should be a good fight

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone watching the fights this weekend? any predictions?

gsp vs shields----i'm taking GSp. shields is good, but pretty one dimensional i think

couture vs machida --- taking couture, he's a master planner and has proven he knows how to win. although machida is VERY hard to hit. i like both guys

aldo vs homminick --- gonna take homminick just cause he's canadian. aldo is a bad MFer so should be a good fight

GSP!

couture

and homminick.....but we dont have tv:( keep me updated please!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup,Yup and Nope!................Going to go out and get liquored up and watch some good old as kickin!
Two canadians and machiida for me!

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was watching the training videos on these guys. GSP is solid and so is Shields. They're both great punchers, I think GSP is a more rounded fighter than Shields, BUT all it takes is 1 punch to slip through, could go either way. I'm pulling for GSP though . :beer: :)
ALSO GSP has been taking gymnastics, so he'll do a cartwheel and transition into flying mare with a half gainer to finish Shields :d

buzzednbored

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GSP for sure. Randy is gonna have his hands full with Machida but I hope he comes through. Homminick has it cased. I hope the local boy Macdonald pulls a win. Gonna be a wicked line up, can't wait!:wtg:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know one of macdonalds main trainers quite well. always rooting for that guy!!!!!!! not sure if homminick has it cased. aldo is a very bad man. and so is himminick---gonna be a good fight to watch for sure

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know one of macdonalds main trainers quite well. always rooting for that guy!!!!!!! not sure if homminick has it cased. aldo is a very bad man. and so is himminick---gonna be a good fight to watch for sure

Is that Jason MacDonald? It was too bad he didn't get to stay in there, his first couple of fights showed a lot of promise, great grappler. Then when he fought Franklin, it was almost like he was star struck by him...didn't look like he ever really got into his groove with Franklin. Then he had a couple of more losses in a row, which was too bad. I like the guy, hope things go his way this time. Hope to see more of him in the UFC! :beer:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there was a couple of good fights, too bad about Couture, hate to see him go out that way ( lucky his jaw is still attached :eek: )
You could see that GSP had beaten Shields by the look on Shields face when he came out of his corner in the second round, it just looked like he didn't want to go back out. It was a good fight though.
And Hominick! Holy crap, I think that lump on his forehead had its own postal code! :eek: That thing was HUGE! I can't believe it didn't burst!! The kid certainly has heart though, got out of a couple of tough situations.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there was a couple of good fights, too bad about Couture, hate to see him go out that way ( lucky his jaw is still attached :eek: )
You could see that GSP had beaten Shields by the look on Shields face when he came out of his corner in the second round, it just looked like he didn't want to go back out. It was a good fight though.
And Hominick! Holy crap, I think that lump on his forehead had its own postal code! :eek: That thing was HUGE! I can't believe it didn't burst!! The kid certainly has heart though, got out of a couple of tough situations.

so who won what fights? sorry i dont have tv:(

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah x2 No UFC here in Iraq...need up dates...and a run down on how the fights went? the suspense is killing me!...and damn Iraq internet has the UFC's web site blocked!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great fights. Hominick is a tuff kid but got messed up pretty bad by Aldo. I agree it's to bad Couture had to go out the way he did, going to miss watching his fights. and lucky for Shields St.Pierre couldn't see out his left eye after the 3rd round otherwise i don't think Sheilds would have made 5 rounds. In the end GSP did look pretty banged up compared to shields

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great fights. Hominick is a tuff kid but got messed up pretty bad by Aldo. I agree it's to bad Couture had to go out the way he did, going to miss watching his fights. and lucky for Shields St.Pierre couldn't see out his left eye after the 3rd round otherwise i don't think Sheilds would have made 5 rounds. In the end GSP did look pretty banged up compared to shields

yes, i like GSP, it would just be nice to see him finish a fight one day

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys without TV or internet. Aldo and Hominick went the 5 rounds and Aldo got the decision, a great battle. Machida knocked out Couture in the second round with a front kick, almost the identical kick Anderson Silva knocked out Vitor Belfor with. GSP and Shields went to a decision. GSP's left eye was damaged in the 2nd round (I think) and he couldn't see out of it otherwise I think he would have ended it early IMO. Shields really wasn't that impressive considering he was fighting a half blind guy. Jason MacDonald put his opponent to sleep with a triangle choke very early, he was awesome.

Top Bottom