Turbos what does $6500 get you?

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you take the $5500.00 usd turbo kit, and add the $ exchange @ 9% would equal $495.00, plus gst $299.75, and add a generous duty, brokerage and freight of say $200.00 your $5500.00 turbo kit is now $6494.75.......... And only technical support over the phone. Whereas a $6500.00 kit up here has local technical support, in person if required............................. Just sayin'

Good point Ric....And im doing my kits complete and installed with everything to roll it out the door and ride it all day long with no issues for 6999.00.....The reason I DON'T have issues is because my kit builder himself is the godfather of the aerocharger and two stroke turbo's. So the tech support that I have is par none. And most of the areocharger kits on the market today are some what copied from Steve's Kit. But again Im just no one with a average sled that works all day long but no knows me cause a don't have a 40K sled with cool paint on it. Just my 2 cents.................
P.S I have R&D's my kit for a yr up here as the kit comes from Utah....and put 1100mls on it so I how how the machine needs to be set up for B.C. AB, from 4-9000 ft... with no issues.......Just Fawking Ride it........

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
good point ric....and im doing my kits complete and installed with everything to roll it out the door and ride it all day long with no issues for 6999.00.....the reason i have issues is because my kit builder himself is the godfather of the aerocharger and two stroke turbo's. So the tech support that i have is par none. And most of the areocharger kits on the market today are some what copied from steve's kit. But again im just no one with a average sled that works all day long but no knows me cause a don't have a 40k sled with cool paint on it. Just my 2 cents.................
P.s i have r&d's my kit for a yr up here as the kit comes from utah....and put 1100mls on it so i how how the machine needs to be set up for b.c. Ab, from 4-9000 ft... With no issues.......just fawking ride it........

i agree, bd............. Say they don't happen to make a kit for the big blue 1000rt doo they?:(

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Ric Just the Polaris at the present....He feels that to completly understand whats going on you need to stick to one brand and Steve's been Polaris since his first Turbo on a 1986 Polaris Indy 600 with a Middlesex kit..... He know Turbo's and Polaris.....

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
sorry ric just the polaris at the present....he feels that to completly understand whats going on you need to stick to one brand and steve's been polaris since his first turbo on a 1986 polaris indy 600 with a middlesex kit..... He know turbo's and polaris.....

ya, i know.... I already checked it out.... Too bad;)

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
if you take the $5500.00 usd turbo kit, and add the $ exchange @ 9% would equal $495.00, plus gst $299.75, and add a generous duty, brokerage and freight of say $200.00 your $5500.00 turbo kit is now $6494.75.......... And only technical support over the phone. Whereas a $6500.00 kit up here has local technical support, in person if required............................. Just sayin'

thats the one main reason i want to buy and support a local vendor, but again its all who tells you who has the best IMO everyone says they have the best..:beer:

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what does this all mean, Big Dawg, GOOD. Mountian Magic, BAD.
MCX expensive !!

11popcorn.gif

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so what does this all mean, big dawg, good. Mountian magic, bad.
Mcx expensive !!

View attachment 36222

i'm thinking it's just a personal choice.... Bigdawg only deals with polaris turbos...... Mountain magic is proven and they work..... Mcx maybe a little more, but also proven........

It's like picking a yamaha over a ski-doo or vice versa..... Guess it's what you're most comfortable with, and who you're most comfortable with............

They all have their strengths and i'm sure they all have weaknesses.......

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking it's just a personal choice.... Bigdawg only deals with polaris turbos...... Mountain magic is proven and they work..... Mcx maybe a little more, but also proven........

It's like picking a yamaha over a ski-doo or vice versa..... Guess it's what you're most comfortable with, and who you're most comfortable with............

They all have their strengths and i'm sure they all have weaknesses.......

oh, so you've seen a MM turbo work? i haven't !

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent seen any of the kits work lol. i ride every weekend and havent seen one 2stroke turbo do a pull or anything. theere usually sitting at the cabin or at the bottom of the bowl doing nothing all day. but the yamahas are always taking pulls. lol i duno..just sayin..maybe this year will be differant

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Summitric you keep comparing 18lb boost kit to a12lb boost kit. An Areo 53 kit with 2 injectors run at 12lbs( most Areo people recommend 10lbs max) versus a Garret with 4 injectors and a cold air intake running at 18lbs. Whole reason for thread is the lack of support locally. They keep telling customers to comeback and then they present them with a bill, and sled still not fixed. Most basic problems still exist after install and 2 susbsquent visits. One visit to competitors shop and simple basic problems are found, missassembled turbo, fuel pump improperly wired, and control box wired incorrectly. I can edit the 18lb kit picture out of post if it confuses you, just added it to show how much more you can get for similiar price. Maxwell has a good point, what he says runs true, seen more turbo cat hoods up then down, mine being one of them. Just because a shop can build nice a chassis doesn't make them a qualified turbo installer, some places should stick to what they are good at and leave the other stuff to more qualified peoples. I don't see a flood of thier turbo customers rushing to thier defence, just a MOD ( who doesn't own a turbo and apperently cann't appreciate how frustrating these kits can be), playing VENDOR DEFENDER, and a loyal bigbore customer. Anyone else who is a race gas turbo kit owner from MM have anything to say? Would like to hear from them. If you own a turbo cat would like to here comments about the kit and where it came from. Also you will learn more in fifteen minutes on the phone with someone like Shain Stanger or Dale cutler than you will face to face with anyone at MM, make a couple calls, you'll see I'm right. Or just keep posting I'm sure MM loves the attention.

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havent seen any of the kits work lol. i ride every weekend and havent seen one 2stroke turbo do a pull or anything. theere usually sitting at the cabin or at the bottom of the bowl doing nothing all day. but the yamahas are always taking pulls. lol i duno..just sayin..maybe this year will be differant

agreed, most (not all) 2 stroke turbos our group sees are either on a rope or have the tuning papers out playing with the fueling box.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who's coming out to play!! drool.gif

Can't remember who it was to challenge me months ago, with there turbo cat..........well i'm ready...... 2ohoty1.gif

LG_vapors.gif

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summitric you keep comparing 18lb boost kit to a12lb boost kit. An Areo 53 kit with 2 injectors run at 12lbs( most Areo people recommend 10lbs max) versus a Garret with 4 injectors and a cold air intake running at 18lbs. Whole reason for thread is the lack of support locally. They keep telling customers to comeback and then they present them with a bill, and sled still not fixed. Most basic problems still exist after install and 2 susbsquent visits. One visit to competitors shop and simple basic problems are found, missassembled turbo, fuel pump improperly wired, and control box wired incorrectly. I can edit the 18lb kit picture out of post if it confuses you, just added it to show how much more you can get for similiar price. Maxwell has a good point, what he says runs true, seen more turbo cat hoods up then down, mine being one of them. Just because a shop can build nice a chassis doesn't make them a qualified turbo installer, some places should stick to what they are good at and leave the other stuff to more qualified peoples. I don't see a flood of thier turbo customers rushing to thier defence, just a MOD ( who doesn't own a turbo and apperently cann't appreciate how frustrating these kits can be), playing VENDOR DEFENDER, and a loyal bigbore customer. Anyone else who is a race gas turbo kit owner from MM have anything to say? Would like to hear from them. If you own a turbo cat would like to here comments about the kit and where it came from. Also you will learn more in fifteen minutes on the phone with someone like Shain Stanger or Dale cutler than you will face to face with anyone at MM, make a couple calls, you'll see I'm right. Or just keep posting I'm sure MM loves the attention.

Have you talked to Brian at Canadian Powersports? He's a good guy and knows his turbos, he has a TM1200 Cat and he also built one of Dan Davidoff sleds.

Might want to consider him.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to go ride with some Edm area turbo sleds to see how they compare to mine......Dec 5 Don't work for we....P.S Ive never seen a MM turbo sled Run...we where at Blue lake last yr and they(MM) spent all day fawking around at the cabin with a Turbo Cat....go figure

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to go ride with some Edm area turbo sleds to see how they compare to mine......Dec 5 Don't work for we....P.S Ive never seen a MM turbo sled Run...we where at Blue lake last yr and they(MM) spent all day fawking around at the cabin with a Turbo Cat....go figure

When are you heading out BigDawg? Around December 9-15 somewhere in there works for me.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im shooting for end of the month if not then it will be second weekend in Dec for sure........

Top Bottom