Turbos what does $6500 get you?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to know why the price difference. Are you trying to tell me MM put time into research than Dale Cutler, because looking at the two kits side by side it sure isn't because of the components. Derek from Attitude works with Cutler and has no idea who is writing special western mapping in his boxes. Only bitchin publicly about this kit as it is prevailant problem amongst M8 turbo owners in area and someone should say something. They are welcome to rebut my comments or just meet kgr's invite on the 5th.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stage3kit.JPG
Cutler race gas $5500 US 18lb 4 injector kit
pumpgaskit1.JPG
Cutler pump gas $3999 US 8lb boost 2 injector kit
mms_001.jpg
Mountain Magic $6500 Can 12lb boost 2 injector kit
Incase you didn't lookem up here they are, get where I'm goin with this

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty. but looks to be missing a few peices? lol if i spent 6500 and opened that box i would be choked. there has to be more than that. theres no fueling peices or anything. but i guess pump gas the stock fueling would work

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
The picture on our website is not the complete kit. The picture was taken to highlight the fact that it is an areocharger turbo. I am sorry if this is miss leading. All of the fuel componetry is not pictured ie, the reglator, upgraded fuel pump, boost guage, mounting hardware etc. If you want to stop by the shop I will be happy to open a box and show you the complete kit. I personally ride a M-8 sled with the kit. Customer service is important to us and we will be happy to help with any problem. If a customer is having a problem all they need to do is call us.

Bruce

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't explain price difference! Or the fact your charging customers thousands of dollars to fix your install mistakes.(binding waste gate control rods, and improperly wired fuel systems, misadjusted viens) Have seen this on more than one of your install kits. If your going to copy a kit and charge more than original better be sure it works, or someone might start a thread and expose you. Chose to compare your kit to Cutlers because the pieces not included in picture are Cutler components aren't they?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been researching turbo's this year, and they must have come down in price abit. I have seen them for around the 4000 US range. They are fairly close to being the same equipment, and the price includes everything, (with the exception of the litre of oil), the clutch upgrades, guages and mounting bracket, pipe etc. etc. If I could suggest, you could check out Silber Turbo's, Justin Silbernagel from Minnesota, he returns calls and e-mails, and he's more than happy to talk and share information. Just Google it. Another one is Twisted Turbo's. Shain Stanger is the owner. They are built in Western US so they are tested at higher elevations. Twisted Turbo's are the ones in the Thunderstruck Sleds, Shain is a member of the team, as well as the Krazy Canadian has one on his M8. Check around, our dollar is fairly strong right now.
Good luck

sir john

Reaction score
From personal experience from MM 6500 will not buy much. For an aero 53 turbo for a M8 MM charged me $11,000 for a system that was not set up properly. I am at presently spend another $ 4000 to fix to this turbo kit properly. (Not at MM)
Sent the turbo to Steve in Utah, the turbo was set wrong from day one which explains why I had no top end.
Fuel pump was wire wrong, could only use 3/4 throttle on a turbo sled.
last year was not a go year for sledding.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any of you guys own polaris and want a Turbo kit that works all day long with no issues lwr me know I'm selling Steve Paker's Turbo Doc kits and they work Awsome.....Just ask BDF 900 he rode with me last yr he knows......

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to know why the price difference. Are you trying to tell me MM put time into research than Dale Cutler, because looking at the two kits side by side it sure isn't because of the components. Derek from Attitude works with Cutler and has no idea who is writing special western mapping in his boxes. Only bitchin publicly about this kit as it is prevailant problem amongst M8 turbo owners in area and someone should say something. They are welcome to rebut my comments or just meet kgr's invite on the 5th.

Did someone say they wanted to come out and play !!
drool.gif

davukmer.gif

Firm believer in less talk more rock.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been researching turbo's this year, and they must have come down in price abit. I have seen them for around the 4000 US range. They are fairly close to being the same equipment, and the price includes everything, (with the exception of the litre of oil), the clutch upgrades, guages and mounting bracket, pipe etc. etc. If I could suggest, you could check out Silber Turbo's, Justin Silbernagel from Minnesota, he returns calls and e-mails, and he's more than happy to talk and share information. Just Google it. Another one is Twisted Turbo's. Shain Stanger is the owner. They are built in Western US so they are tested at higher elevations. Twisted Turbo's are the ones in the Thunderstruck Sleds, Shain is a member of the team, as well as the Krazy Canadian has one on his M8. Check around, our dollar is fairly strong right now.
Good luck

Siblers turbos look good, Shains seam to run ok too, but they are not the kits that the guys from thunderstruck running. they are either custom boondocker kits, or OVS / Brad Story prototype kits. and Niether Shain or Dan are riding with the TS guys anymore. Dan has his own series of vids now. both Dan and Shain are running twisted kits.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Actually the price differences you have suggested are $5500usd verses $6500.00 cdn............... $5500.00 with exchange rate, gst, duty etc would almost equal $6500.00cdn, so what is the problem????

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stage 1 kit is more comparable at $4000. So add another grand for exchange and customs fees still $1500 on the table, just about cover cost of install. Also that kit works, yet to run into one of thiers that does.How about Sir Js sled twice back there, and still came back with basic install flaws. (and a bill each time)Thier comeback that not all components are pictured isn't really saying much in thier kits defence is it? Local Cat dealership making good money fixing reoccuring problems with kit. If you want top dollar you better produce a top quality kit, otherwise this stuff happens.

Last edited:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the price differences you have suggested are $5500usd verses $6500.00 cdn............... $5500.00 with exchange rate, gst, duty etc would almost equal $6500.00cdn, so what is the problem????

Problem is they're asking premium price for a clone kit that lacks in support,R&D, and the backing of peoples product they are reselling to consumer. Big Dawg's kits come with Turbo Docs experience and backing, Boondocker,OVS, Twisted each have thier own people. This kit has no one or else such elementary mistakes would be remedied after first kit, and not turned into repeat occurence. Just saying BUYER BEWARE. Nice paint job doesn't mean whats under it works. And yes Dawg your kit worked fine everytime I was around it.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way there would be a 1000 diff on a 5 grand tab, made in us no duty.....

sir john

Reaction score
MM are selling a low turbo's system for a high end price and have not clue how to trouble shoot problems when they arise. Trust me I paid the price for for pick an incompetent vendor. They like to take your money every time, but never solve the problem. I do not mined paying top dollar for a good product and service, but top dollar and turbo's that has never worked right, then I have issues. Bottom line do not make the same mistake I did do some research and pick vendor that will back his product and does not ask for money everytime they can't fix there problem, but promise you they are the expert.:nono:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MM are selling a low turbo's system for a high end price and have not clue how to trouble shoot problems when they arise. Trust me I paid the price for for pick an incompetent vendor. They like to take your money every time, but never solve the problem. I do not mined paying top dollar for a good product and service, but top dollar and turbo's that has never worked right, then I have issues. Bottom line do not make the same mistake I did do some research and pick vendor that will back his product and does not ask for money everytime they can't fix there problem, but promise you they are the expert.:nono:

If I were you I would pay top dollar for some schooling.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just buy direct from the builder, that way you know you are going to get THE BEST tech support out there. and the dollar is pretty good right now.

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score

ive bought turbo parts up from the US and i never got charged over 1000more than what i paid for shipped to my door, even witch the exchange rate, i had 100lbs worth of turbo parts come from Joplin MO cost me 230bucks with duty,tax and also paying for livingston who is a very expensive broker to clear it...

going with this it wouldnt cost more that 175$ to ship a sled turbo kit from the US, a kit that wheighs half the amount of my other kit which is for my car. And our dollar is very strong against the US so buying from the states right now is a great idea to save a few bucks, even though its great to support local business but when u go from 6500$ to 3500$us is a huge price gap IMO.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ive bought turbo parts up from the us and i never got charged over 1000more than what i paid for shipped to my door, even witch the exchange rate, i had 100lbs worth of turbo parts come from joplin mo cost me 230bucks with duty,tax and also paying for livingston who is a very expensive broker to clear it...

Going with this it wouldnt cost more that 175$ to ship a sled turbo kit from the us, a kit that wheighs half the amount of my other kit which is for my car. And our dollar is very strong against the us so buying from the states right now is a great idea to save a few bucks, even though its great to support local business but when u go from 6500$ to 3500$us is a huge price gap imo.

if you take the $5500.00 usd turbo kit, and add the $ exchange @ 9% would equal $495.00, plus gst $299.75, and add a generous duty, brokerage and freight of say $200.00 your $5500.00 turbo kit is now $6494.75.......... And only technical support over the phone. Whereas a $6500.00 kit up here has local technical support, in person if required............................. Just sayin'

Top Bottom