Turbo kit for 2009 arctic cat m8

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting a turbo kit on my m8(pump gas).What are my choices on kits, pricing, good places to buy from,ect. I want to install myself so I can work on it should something go wrong.People say twisted is the only way to go then some say areocharger is. If someone can give me the pros and cons of all kits that would be greatly appreciated.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go with either cpc or boondocker
cpc(cutler) knows their stuff and build a soild product...
boondockers has done a million of these kits and are easy to tune and
lots of people have them so you can get tuning specs easy...
Just my $0.02

Jeff K

Reaction score
Call Dale Cutler at Cutler Performance Center (CPC). I talked with him for an hour yesterday and he more than answered all my questions. If I decide to do a turbo, it will be a CPC stage 2 on pump gas.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was happy with my aerocharger setup. Never had a issue with the setup
the M8 is a solid sled to turbo. I dealt at mountain magic and they installed.
I sold my 8 this year and bought the aero charger turbo for the M1000 so
that you should tell you my thoughts on the aerocharger. The boys took my sled to Valemount to tune in and say it ran great. I was going to head up last
night to ride it today.............Damn weather had to turn around. Good luck
with you decision I'm sure you will be happy with a turbo.:beer:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i been tossing the idea around too turboing my new hcr i phoned alot of places and i think i will go to specialty sled $4900 for a pump gas boon dockers turbo kit and 12 hours to put it on give or take i hear aero chargers are ok but i think u have to change shims to increase boost well i think someone in here will correct me dons speed parts put alot of these pump gas kits on the seem to be flawless there is a new kit out this year push turbos dont know much about it there is absult power and performance out of st albert they install aero charger turbos and so does mountain magic out of edmonton they all do awesome work so do ur home work and it will pay off good luck shopping:d

Last edited:

turbo D

Reaction score
I would do the Boondocker kit, they are easy to tune and if you have any questions talk to Reid (he runs Boondocker Canada) he rides the same sled

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i been tossing the idea around too turboing my new hcr i phoned alot of places and i think i will go to specialty sled $4900 for a pump gas boon dockers turbo kit and 12 hours to put it on give or take i hear aero chargers are ok but i think u have to change shims to increase boost well i think someone in here will correct me dons speed parts put alot of these pump gas kits on the seem to be flawless there is a new kit out this year push turbos dont know much about it there is absult power and performance out of st albert they install aero charger turbos and so does mountain magic out of edmonton they all do awesome work so do ur home work and it will pay off good luck shopping:d

Is your computer missing the "." button????? :beer::beer:;);):d:d

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you run the boysen reeds with the turbo set up or would I have to pull them out?

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting a turbo kit on my m8(pump gas).What are my choices on kits, pricing, good places to buy from,ect. I want to install myself so I can work on it should something go wrong.People say twisted is the only way to go then some say areocharger is. If someone can give me the pros and cons of all kits that would be greatly appreciated.

You need to speak with Ron & Jeff at in Red Deer! I was just in there today and they have a Turbo Setup for your Cat, at least call them to find out more. apparently there 7lb setup can out perform 12-13lb setup's found elsewhere. I would seriously speak to them. Heard too many stories of engines blowing up because of other setups and incorrect settings done by the installers.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you run the boysen reeds with the turbo set up or would I have to pull them out?

I've heard to run the M1000 Reeds in your turbo setup on the M8 ad they have two leafs instead of four and are stiffer....

cfowler

Reaction score
that you should tell you my thoughts on the aerocharger. The boys took my sled to Valemount to tune in and say it ran great. I was going to head up last

Storch,
What did the Aero 66 kit run you ($) on your m1k? Done at MM in edmonton?
I'm thinking of putting one on my '09 m1k 153"
Tyring to decide which boost setup to go with.
Thx,

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to speak with Ron & Jeff at in Red Deer! I was just in there today and they have a Turbo Setup for your Cat, at least call them to find out more. apparently there 7lb setup can out perform 12-13lb setup's found elsewhere. I would seriously speak to them. Heard too many stories of engines blowing up because of other setups and incorrect settings done by the installers.

QV does some nice work.....but their 7 lb kit is taking down 13 lb kits (double the boost??) pump gas to race gas? - not likely. I know everyone thinks their stuff is the best, but c'mon.

Most of the engine failures are operator inexperience/error but blamed on the installer............................

Syndicate Speed Shop

Reaction score
My 2 cents is go CPC (Cutler Performance) they use a Turbo system built by Garrett Turbos, Garret has been building turbo's for high performance race cars, NHRA drag cars, diesel trucks etc. The company has been around since 1936, and has always produced an industry leading system...

A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

We just installed a BD pump kit on a 2010 M8 install was nice and instructions were great kit even comes with clutch kit. Customer just notified me today that it ran great just had some small tuning adjustments. Id say run the BD kit.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you planning on just keeping this a pump gas kit? The aero charger cant move enough volume of air for the 1000, it is absolutely maxed out for efficiency by the time you get to 12lbs boost.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally like the boondocker kits as they are easy to tune and set-up and the electronic boost controller is really nice. It has what they call a push to pass button. It looks like a nos button but what it does it raise boost by about 2lbs as long as you hold the button. The other nice thing about the E.B.C is that if you set it at 6 lbs boost say thats what you'll make at the parking lot and the top of the hill where as without that you will have some variances in boost from perking lot to top of hill, not sayin alot but some. I have installed and worked with lots of boondocker stuff have not had any issues as of yet with any of the turbo stuff. We are a supplier for boondocker so we can supply with any turbo kits or other boondocker stuff that you might need. We can easily ship it to you if you like or we have people headin to AB and different parts of BC all the time so could also have it dropped off. We have alot of guys that come ride here and then leave there sled at the shop to have us do a bunch of work to it then come back in a couple or weeks or whenever there next ride is planned and pick it up all ready to go.

Top Bottom