truck tonnneau covers

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some help on what to get for a roll up truck tonneau cover. Here is the scoop. I have a delta tool chest tucked away nice and tight in the front that I need to be able to access and a fith wheel hitch in the back also. I do not want a hard top cover and do not even suggest the roll and lock model because they are garbage in this climate. Had one and will never own one again. Any suggestions or pictures or comments will be greatly appreciatd

Thanks

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Need some help on what to get for a roll up truck tonneau cover. Here is the scoop. I have a delta tool chest tucked away nice and tight in the front that I need to be able to access and a fith wheel hitch in the back also. I do not want a hard top cover and do not even suggest the roll and lock model because they are garbage in this climate. Had one and will never own one again. Any suggestions or pictures or comments will be greatly appreciatd

Thanks

I have the truxedo type,it does roll up and you can take it of in 10 seconds.I like it because the quad will fit in the box and i can still close the tailgate.whereas the others they take up to much room in the front of the box ,hope this helps

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truxedo, only way to go.....

ksk223

Reaction score
Truxedo all the way!

We have 6 trucks in our shop with them, most have been on for 3 or 4 years now and holding together pretty good. There's some wind/sun stretching but I'm guessing if the guys would tighten them up occasionally they wouldn't be as loose.

Jake

Reaction score
Truxedo, even works in the winter. Had another type before that was so hard in the winter it wouldn't roll up und shrunk so bad that if you did rollit up you could never close it again. No problems with the Truxedo.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you dont want to lock the box Truxedo are great. In very cold weather do not put anything on top.

mud_cummins

Reaction score
Bak-Flip G2 all the way! Hard, secure & water tight when down but folds right up to the back window so you still have full box access.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran the roll and lock brand covers on all my trucks and they are great, if you so and upkeep the preventative maintenece on them they work in all climates, just dont wash it in winter, let it sit over night and expect to get into it in the morning but thats just common sense. If their installed properly with proper spacing on the rails their great.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran the roll and lock brand covers on all my trucks and they are great, if you so and upkeep the preventative maintenece on them they work in all climates, just dont wash it in winter, let it sit over night and expect to get into it in the morning but thats just common sense. If their installed properly with proper spacing on the rails their great.

I have to call you on that one. They are crap in winter in this climate. Our conditions change to quickly. It will be plus 5 at one point and the snow will melt and drop to minus 10 4 hrs later and the thing is frozen shut. Do not park in a heated garage then out side thing will be frozen shut. I kept up with all the maintenace . Greese the rails drain the front tried everything. What worked the best was getting rid of it. Brother in law has one . Same thing struggles every winter with it.

Truxcedo on order

Thanks to hitchguy for setting me up

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my first choise but after watching the instal video I came to the conclusion that the way it attatches to the front box rail would creat a problem for me

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bak-Flip G2 all the way! Hard, secure & water tight when down but folds right up to the back window so you still have full box access.

I hate mine. After 2 years on the truck one of the panels is cracked and it never has closed properly. If you are a perfectionist like me stay away from this thing.

I dont want to buy a roll and lock as its too much work to put on and take off when I put my deck on.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting the Truxcedo from Hithguy. So far so good. Only had to do a slight modification on the rail system to get it to work for the tool box on the front.

Top Bottom