truck break in's

Ryan7

Reaction score
Just a warning everyone,

My truck was broke into and my wallet, helmet cam, and digital cam were stolen. We were up on the hill riding and they did it in the middle of the day. They found the keys that I had hid on the truck and were nice enough to take them and lock the doors when they left. Someone found my wallet on the highway 5 min out of the parking lot (Clemina) and all that was missing was my drivers license and SIN card, oh and cash. They left credit cards, debit cards and everything else. There was 4 broke into that day (Sunday February 21). The police said that is there biggest crime right now and the best thing to do is to take everything out of your vehicle. He said not to bother having a magnet box or trying to hide it better, they know all the tricks.

Just a warning!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a shame we were fixing my sled in the parking lot at finn creek went into the trailer due to the rain came out and seen a greay chevy half ton fishing tailing and hauling ass out the lot tried to get a plate number couldn't see it well enough stupid little punks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a warning everyone,

My truck was broke into and my wallet, helmet cam, and digital cam were stolen. We were up on the hill riding and they did it in the middle of the day. They found the keys that I had hid on the truck and were nice enough to take them and lock the doors when they left. Someone found my wallet on the highway 5 min out of the parking lot (Clemina) and all that was missing was my drivers license and SIN card, oh and cash. They left credit cards, debit cards and everything else. There was 4 broke into that day (Sunday February 21). The police said that is there biggest crime right now and the best thing to do is to take everything out of your vehicle. He said not to bother having a magnet box or trying to hide it better, they know all the tricks.

Just a warning!!
you do know why that was the only thing missing, right? best to keep on top of it, there may be a few credit cards issued in your name soon....or bank loans, financing for new electronic equipment, or snowmobile.....:eek:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Make sure you cancel your credit cards ....what some do is just write down the numbers make then the can make online purchases for a whole month until you get a bill and see it. I heard this happens alot because since you get the cards back think everything is ok.

ajay

Reaction score
:nono:Damn...We are heading there tomorrow. Been through the breakin before at the Mayfield Inn dinner theatre. Just pi$$es me off the have to punch the locks out and nothing there. Wont be leavin anything inside. Any trailer's broken into?:nono:

Ajay.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're heading to Valemount on Friday.
Gonna have a nice trap set if they break into our units. :realmad:

Sure, we may get blood all over the cab... but I'll still smile as the RCMP gives me a PTA. :d

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
couple times a day on the weekend (thursday-sunday) i rip out to the north blue lot on my sled to make sure theres nothing fishy happening, so if you happen to see a guy on a black rev with a black coldwave jacket its just me doing my patrols

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best way is take everything out and leave it unlocked. at least that would lower the body damage end of everything. used to get broke into lots when i lived in the city. nothinbg pissed me off more than scratches and dents from guys trying to get in. was actually happy when they just broke the dam vent window. way easier and cheaper to fix. take the damn steareo i dint care just dont f up the truck while doing it.:nono:

zonker892

Reaction score
Nothing pisses me off more than theifs! you work hard to buy your toys only to have some douch bag steal your stuff!! And the odd time they get caught they get a slap on the wrist. If I catch someone breaking into my truck id be going to jail and they would be going to the emergency room

murdok

Reaction score
Nothing pisses me off more than theifs! you work hard to buy your toys only to have some douch bag steal your stuff!! And the odd time they get caught they get a slap on the wrist. If I catch someone breaking into my truck id be going to jail and they would be going to the emergency room

AMEN Brother!!!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a cool theft prevention item for the ford superduties......JIMMI' JAMMER

Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices ........... They are little plates that go behind the door handle to prevent the doors from being jimmied...... If i still had a ford, i would doo that.

Yah the only thing with those is they still F-up your truck with dents and scratches:rant:
I like they idea of catching them and :whipped::paddle::hunter2: better!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah the only thing with those is they still F-up your truck with dents and scratches:rant:
I like they idea of catching them and :whipped::paddle::hunter2: better!

I like your idea, just be sure that by the time you're done whippin and beatin them you're not to drunk to shoot them in the area they value the most. But I guess you can shoot more than once if you need to:beer::beer::d:d:d

Lloydsaw

Reaction score
couple times a day on the weekend (thursday-sunday) i rip out to the north blue lot on my sled to make sure theres nothing fishy happening, so if you happen to see a guy on a black rev with a black coldwave jacket its just me doing my patrols

You guys should invest on a few trail cams to get pictures of all vehicles entering and leaving the parking lots. I am sure other sledders will donate funds to purchase some for you. You will need a lock box or a good way to conceal them, kind of tough though with tracks in the snow marking your camera location. Of course a gate post is a great location to place one and great way to lock it up from prying eyes. has a great camera for cheap that could do the job for you. As long as the thiefs are not part of your club and the planning to put the cams in you should be able to catch them in the act. If they have any idea they can avoid the cameras pretty easily. I will be sure to have one in my truck when I come down at easter.

mattsterz

Reaction score
how about security for the parking lots.anybody know how long the people that collect the trail pass money stay?.maybe combine the two.these lowlife scumbags have to stopped ,this sport is expensive as it is without having to pay for their damage.any of you thiefs reading this you mother should have been shot before she gave birth to you p.o.s.:rant:

rmk mod

Reaction score
I like the idea of having the trail pass guys stick around till near the end of the day. I would have no issue with paying more at the time of buying a pass for the added security. Even posting signs at the parking lot entrance saying this area monitored by video would probably help. Anything to stop them, they obviously have no fear of being cought, or they just think they are too good that they are now breaking into vehicles in braud daylight.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
call to 911: I just had a burgler

911 operator: Are they still there.

Caller:Yes, I shot him

operator:Are they alive......LOUD BANG HEARD IN THE BACKGROUND!

Caller:They are now!!!!!!!

HA HA HA...

Top Bottom