Truck Box Extension

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called AB & BC D.O.T. and they said you can have something sticking out of your truck box 1.5 meters(AB) or 1.2 meters (BC) past the tail lights. Just going to add more reflectors and this little baby will make hauling and loading my sled easier.

Truck box extension.jpg

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what did you put at the front of the box so you odn't have any further back window mishaps? :)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just because you take a different approach to get it in there, doesn't mean you will prevent it from going in to far :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just because you take a different approach to get it in there, doesn't mean you will prevent it from going in to far :)

true...I want to try to put in a removable "wall" that is about half a foot to a foot away from the front of the truck box that I can put jerry cans etc in between and so if I come in a little hot my sled will hit that first. :)

did someone try to hold there sled in the box with the seatbelts

huh?!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe ya need a cool down lap or two just to eliminate the "coming in hot" approach.
a few traction treads would help on the bare plywood and maybe a ski guide or two.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true...I want to try to put in a removable "wall" that is about half a foot to a foot away from the front of the truck box that I can put jerry cans etc in between and so if I come in a little hot my sled will hit that first. :)

huh?!

did ya put the skis thru the rear window to be able to loop your seatbelt thru

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did ya put the skis thru the rear window to be able to loop your seatbelt thru

haha no. Actually the force of just hitting the back of the truck box made the window shatter. sled didn't even touch it!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I ran my king-quad thru the box wall and window of my S-10 extened cab a few years ago... my front tires ended up on the jumper seats...

The 30 or so people watching got a good laugh...

haha no. Actually the force of just hitting the back of the truck box made the window shatter. sled didn't even touch it!

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called AB & BC D.O.T. and they said you can have something sticking out of your truck box 1.5 meters(AB) or 1.2 meters (BC) past the tail lights. Just going to add more reflectors and this little baby will make hauling and loading my sled easier.

View attachment 114144

LIke this idea Rowdy.

just one a couple ?'s what is keeping the front of this from tipping up when you put the wieght of the sled on the back of this?

2) How farto the back from tail light is this? (in inches please). The reason im asking this is with a sled in the back say a 155,154,153 or longer sled .Will you still not be past the max limit?

Most of the longtrack sleds are like 11 to 12 ft long so a shortbox truck say 6.6 (ford) i still have 5 feet or so hanging out the back.

correct me if im wrong
thanks in advance

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Would be real easy to mount a couple lights that plug into trailer plug.
LIke this idea Rowdy.

just one a couple ?'s what is keeping the front of this from tipping up when you put the wieght of the sled on the back of this?

2) How farto the back from tail light is this? (in inches please). The reason im asking this is with a sled in the back say a 155,154,153 or longer sled .Will you still not be past the max limit?

Most of the longtrack sleds are like 11 to 12 ft long so a shortbox truck say 6.6 (ford) i still have 5 feet or so hanging out the back.

correct me if im wrong
thanks in advance

Top Bottom