Truck Box Extension

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that thing is dumb. its like 6" longer than a tailgate. why not just leave the tailgate on and down.

man have you ever drove down gravel roads with your tailgate down, obviuosly not, otherwise you would see the tail gate get a sandblasting. guess you don't get out much eh maxwell. good idea rowdy.

meadowmuffen

Reaction score
I myself only go in hot, no point in wasting time :)
...Have to tell you the other side of loading!--Forgot my scratchers were down. Was going slow,heard the loud noise,hit the brakes. The scratchers jammed in the ramp,had to wait for about 4 big boys to come down the hill & help lift. Cost me big bucks at happy hour & was the main joke line the rest of that year! (tough to get old & still sled)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
man have you ever drove down gravel roads with your tailgate down, obviuosly not, otherwise you would see the tail gate get a sandblasting. guess you don't get out much eh maxwell. good idea rowdy.

you would be driving down a gravel road with your tailgate down in the winter time.......Whats going to be sandblasting it?
I dont think its a bad idea at all. But I think the tailgate down method works just as well.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would be driving down a gravel road with your tailgate down in the winter time.......Whats going to be sandblasting it?
I dont think its a bad idea at all. But I think the tailgate down method works just as well.

Hmm, sounds good!! leave yours down for the winter, let us know how it looks next spring? Just driving the #1 to Revy with your tailgate down after they sand/gravel the highway will chip it all to he!! never mind a gravel road!.... Looks good Rowdy, good idea!!!!!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Called AB & BC D.O.T. and they said you can have something sticking out of your truck box 1.5 meters(AB) or 1.2 meters (BC) past the tail lights. Just going to add more reflectors and this little baby will make hauling and loading my sled easier.

View attachment 114144

Just keep your tail lights clean. Some people seem to struggle looking out their windsheild.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

obviously you have never driven gravel roads in the winter. if you do, drop yer tailgate for a few miles and then go take a look.. young uns

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's her box let her play with it if she wants to ;)

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mang rowdy u gots some creepers clean thru ur threads. Extension looks good but like soma the doo spammers said u mighta been fine with jus the tailgate down,,, but i do put a 2x12 across the gap where the tailgate is so theres no actual weight on the gate itself.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason I wanted to use this is so the carbides won't chew my truck box anymore. Already had to patch a few spots of the linex, also, the plastic guard that they put over the chevy tailgates ripped off pretty damn easy, plus the tail gate is dented from my carbides catching the ramp on the way up.

The whole thing sticks out 45" past my tail lights. Only about a foot and a half or less longer than my tailgate. And yes rocks and stuff do manage to pepper your tailgate from the sanding and graveling.

I thought it was a good idea when I saw it and figured it'd give me some extra space for loading and storing stuff in front since I have quite a few trips planned this season. I've talked to DOT in both AB and BC, as well as brought it to the cop shop and all persons I spoke to advised me that this is completely legal and good to go.

As far as keeping the front end down as far as I know it should stay stationary. I never saw my buddy have any issues with it in his truck but that is a valid point I will have to look at that.

The only reason I posted this is because I thought some people on this site might care to see other options on hauling a single sled in a truck box.

Last edited:
Top Bottom