Trouble finding a sxs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup you said it. You got to buy the machine for what you want/need/expect. When i ride with you and ray i don't expect my machine to keep up you guys. I could if i really wanted to but it would be dangerous lol. I watch you guys go through the trails and it amazes me how they ride. Then send the next month talking my wife out of buying one lol. I really like my ranger it's the kind of machine i need and want. I need 3 seats and don't want a crew they are to big, and i need the big box as i load it up with ice fishing gear and hunting gear and works perfect for that. But it will still mud with the best of them, but i need better tires

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

x2 .....

Just like us, We ride our pace , happy group, Had good group this summer, We are not racers by any stretch don't intend to be either,
The guys who want to ride fast find another group quickly. Good for them, don't want to hold them back

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo dual whip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly. We went with the crew due to the number of kids, now they find it boring and wanted their own machine. Bought the kids a quad and they take turns riding it as we cruise in the ranger. Packs all our hunting or fishing gear plus the storage is amazing. Wife and I can load it up and go camping for a couple days no problem. We are warm and dry all day long to. Plus we use it non stop around the farm for packing fence tools, feed, cruising fence lines or even herding. Pulls the kids on the tube in the winter. I look at it this way, my sled is 8 years old and has 2000 miles on it, mostly on guys trips. My sxs has 3000 on 100% family time. By far the best toy investment I have made.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. We went with the crew due to the number of kids, now they find it boring and wanted their own machine. Bought the kids a quad and they take turns riding it as we cruise in the ranger. Packs all our hunting or fishing gear plus the storage is amazing. Wife and I can load it up and go camping for a couple days no problem. We are warm and dry all day long to. Plus we use it non stop around the farm for packing fence tools, feed, cruising fence lines or even herding. Pulls the kids on the tube in the winter. I look at it this way, my sled is 8 years old and has 2000 miles on it, mostly on guys trips. My sxs has 3000 on 100% family time. By far the best toy investment I have made.

Thats exactly how we feel about our ranger. Ive never gotten this much use out of a toy in my life. And most of it has been good quality family time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, my ranger has fit my intended use and purpose to a t, easy in and out, carry the equipment i need, maverick, rzr, wildcats types. No way hozay, The fastest no, Would i buy another one - likely yes, But i would definitely look around.
If your riding buds are riding racers no sense showing up with a honda, and the reverse is true also

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found Neil a new machine with a good winch. Be easier on my fingers

IMG_0011.jpg

My daughter said I have to like Arctic Cat

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found Neil a new machine with a good winch. Be easier on my fingers

View attachment 200504

My daughter said I have to like Arctic Cat

I think when it's time for a new machine my ranger will be old and not worth much, so I will keep it for the hunting and such and buy a sport machine! That way best of both worlds! But I want a new jet boat first!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the op, if you want a good all around machine pick one that you like with a good dealer near you! But I would stay away from a rhino. Very rough ride and pretty old technology! Much better machines around!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think when it's time for a new machine my ranger will be old and not worth much, so I will keep it for the hunting and such and buy a sport machine! That way best of both worlds! But I want a new jet boat first!

i can't get hurt in your boat. I like that

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hardest part about buying a SXS is finding some one to make & weld up FREE parts for it ......?
😜

Cut weld cut weld

Powder coats

Oops don't fit.

Drink beer

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cut weld cut weld

Powder coats

Oops don't fit.

Drink beer

Mane we should of did it in that order? Maybe drinking beer didn't help it not fit? But I think I run better on beer!

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
I have a 2013 walker evans rzr 800 with doors and those in rangers get as muddy as I do. I bought it for the great ride and versatility. It has a higher so pulls the same trailer as the ranger. Power steering makes a huge GE difference as well. Give me a call, 780.995.7618 its for sale

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the great advice!!
I'm certainly no racer anymore but I do enjoy touring around after the **** is hauled into camp.
I almost bought a rhino the other day but it sold right away. Maybe I should steer clear of the older tech and get something with better suspension and power steering.
If only I could find a Teryx that isn't beat to ****..

I think a new wolverine would be perfect but a tad pricey for me.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye out for a quad and honestly thinking I might go new. The dealers are blowing them out often for cheape the kijiii and a warranty.
Call around you might be surprised what you can get a new one for.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye out for a quad and honestly thinking I might go new. The dealers are blowing them out often for cheape the kijiii and a warranty.
Call around you might be surprised what you can get a new one for.

I have a 500efi sportsmanx2 for sale with 1700 miles

Top Bottom