track rubbing, help !!!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity has anyone had any problems with their track rubbing on the side of the tunnel (16 wide) went to silent last sunday and rode all day in the meadows and then on the trail out i could feel the damn thing rubbing on the left side...........any simple solutions or advice, something ?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use a caliper to adjust the tensioners to make sure they are identical.

if it still rubs after that make sure you dont have something bent in your skid

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about sno=ice built up in top of the top track wheels at the mount??????

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity has anyone had any problems with their track rubbing on the side of the tunnel (16 wide) went to silent last sunday and rode all day in the meadows and then on the trail out i could feel the damn thing rubbing on the left side...........any simple solutions or advice, something ?

you need to align your track. Tighten left hand tensioner so that the track moves right in the tunnel.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully nothing bent or broke......prolly like Maxwell says, adjustment on the tensioners, I always use a digital caliper as well, takes no time for the peace of mind

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Does that work the same on an M10 with the floating rear axle?

On mine originally I had an issue that one of the drivers moved just enough so the track was over to one side more than the others. Moved it back and never had an issue.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that work the same on an M10 with the floating rear axle?

On mine originally I had an issue that one of the drivers moved just enough so the track was over to one side more than the others. Moved it back and never had an issue.

Had the same problem when I installed my holz skid, the track was rubbing on the tunnel with the alignment perfect, had to do a bit of driver moving and shimming to get the track off the tunnel.

Top Bottom