top posters

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thursday Morning Check in post........ 1 more early wake up, then no alarm clocks until April 3

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What ended up being issue with new truck Doug
A couple injectors, a couple of coils and corroded plugs on two cylinders, as well as, a poor battery. Then I changed the wheels from my old F350 to my “new to me” F350 and the TPS sensors can’t learn the lingo on another truck.
All is good now. I hope.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple injectors, a couple of coils and corroded plugs on two cylinders, as well as, a poor battery. Then I changed the wheels from my old F350 to my “new to me” F350 and the TPS sensors can’t learn the lingo on another truck.
All is good now. I hope.
Yeah everytime I change over I have to go to Fountain Tire for a reread. I buy my tires there so they are happy to do it for free.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yeah everytime I change over I have to go to Fountain Tire for a reread. I buy my tires there so they are happy to do it for free.
I go to Kal Tire. We changed the wheels at home and the sensors don’t learn. So I took both trucks to Kal; changed the winters to summers, they took the sensors out and exchanged them with the sensors for in the other truck and good to go.
I ended up paying to two change overs which was $300. I was happy as that was only $150 more than a basic winter/summer change over.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to Kal Tire. We changed the wheels at home and the sensors don’t learn. So I took both trucks to Kal; changed the winters to summers, they took the sensors out and exchanged them with the sensors for in the other truck and good to go.
I ended up paying to two change overs which was $300. I was happy as that was only $150 more than a basic winter/summer change over.
I hope that works for you Doug. I have my summer wheels and my winter wheels for my F350 and I have to get them relearned each time I change them. Not sure why.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey ken! thanks! gonna try to make it a more regular thing to stop by and say hi! lol how u been?
Some things never change buddy. I guess the biggest change is semi retirement from the farm as my nephew custom farms my land for me and I'm officially out of the snowmobile selling game and just riding now. A couple more grandkids other than that. Sounds like you have your hands full now with kids. Thats awesome!

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that works for you Doug. I have my summer wheels and my winter wheels for my F350 and I have to get them relearned each time I change them. Not sure why.
I have to do the same thing. I change them and then when i go by the shop a buddy works at i have them relearn them. Takes a matter of couple minutes. Hasnt charged me yet for it.

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some things never change buddy. I guess the biggest change is semi retirement from the farm as my nephew custom farms my land for me and I'm officially out of the snowmobile selling game and just riding now. A couple more grandkids other than that. Sounds like you have your hands full now with kids. Thats awesome!
nice! congrats on that! Yep just one. She turns 1 here in a couple weeks and holy does time fly by. Hoping to get her on her first sled ride this spring when it warms up a bit. we got so dang much snow at the house i dont think its gonna be gone till mid may. one of them record snow years. lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have to do the same thing. I change them and then when i go by the shop a buddy works at i have them relearn them. Takes a matter of couple minutes. Hasnt charged me yet for it.
I had the wheels swapped to two different trucks and the relearning process doesn’t work. They had to physically take out the sensors/valves and swap them to the truck they were learned to. If that makes any sense to you guys.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the wheels swapped to two different trucks and the relearning process doesn’t work. They had to physically take out the sensors/valves and swap them to the truck they were learned to. If that makes any sense to you guys.
I’d buy a set of sensors for the other wheels as they aren’t to bad a price compared to swapping things twice a year

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought most TPS sensors were universal? Maybe they aren't and that's why u gotta swap them from tire to tire. Definitely sounds like a pain in the ass to me either way. lol

all i know is each set of tires has there own sensors but end up on the same truck ultimately

Top Bottom