Tires for a rig, what to pick

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what guys are running for tires on there trucks these days, lookin at either a goodyear silent armor or a bfg all terrain ko. Any suggestions would be good.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what guys are running for tires on there trucks these days, lookin at either a goodyear silent armor or a bfg all terrain ko. Any suggestions would be good.

Stay away from BFG all terrains. Absolute garbage tires that cup really bad as they wear. They ended up being the sole cause of my truck's death wobble.

I'd look at the Goodyear Silent Armour. I had them on my old truck and they did a pretty good job on the snow and ice. Also look at Toyo Open Country A/T's. I just put a set of them in 35" on my truck and I'm totally happy with them. Quiet, smooth and pretty decent in the dirt.

What size are you looking at getting?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of BFG All Terrains on Chev 2500 I just got rid of, they seemed good, lots of km on them and they didnt show much wear. Way better than the GoodYear junk that came on the new F150.

94fordguy

I just bought a set of the BFG TA KO on Sunday for my truck... 285/75/16 E size and am very happy so far, lol. Had a set of BFG Rugged Trails on before that I liked but were getting low.

So far I like them, smooth and quiet, I have high hopes for this coming winter:D

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I love my Toyo M/T's and I have tried the A/T on occasion, and they are ok, but last winter I tried the new Hankook A/T, much like the Toyo A/T but waaaay cheaper. I like it too!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went with the Hankook dynapro at and really like them on my dually. look good and cheap cant see any wear so far.

2007kingranch

Reaction score
I have almost 60,000 on my goodyear silent armors (prograde) and im sure i will get at least that much more out of them, i drive gravel lease roads and hiway, with no issues.
If you packing alot of weight i would stay away from the Toyo Open Counry A/T, had them on my 1 ton packing 2700lbs when i towed my 5th wheel and they were almost completely done in 35,000km's

Just my 2 cents

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I can tell you everything about tires......... Jus' sayin'....... Brother in law is territory manager for bfg, michelin, uniroyal..
He got me some bfg all terrain ta ...... Never again. Only 50 to 60k on them and they're almost done. Also had 2 defective ones on originally and had a shimmy that we couldn't get out. Warranty only covered about 1/2 the cost. The goodyears are overpriced, but good tires. Lotsa great tires out there, eg: General grabber at2, hankook dynapro atm, Toyo open country, Pirelli Scorpions etc.........

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you everything about tires......... Jus' sayin'....... Brother in law is territory manager for bfg, michelin, uniroyal..
He got me some bfg all terrain ta ...... Never again. Only 50 to 60k on them and they're almost done. Also had 2 defective ones on originally and had a shimmy that we couldn't get out. Warranty only covered about 1/2 the cost. The goodyears are overpriced, but good tires. Lotsa great tires out there, eg: General grabber at2, hankook dynapro atm, Toyo open country, Pirelli Scorpions etc.........

my truck originally came with pirellis they sucked in snow
got 95,000 k's out of them tho

bought a set of michelin mud and snow gen 2

love them

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
size is 265/70r17

i hear the BFG wear fast just like everyone is saying, i am leaning towards the goodyears just because its probly the best all around tire, cost wise you cant beat a 4 for 3 sale coming up.

the toyo at and nitto terragrappler, these are pretty much the same tire no? tread design looks close to the same. Who would sell this tires for a decent price?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had goodyear duratrac on my 1/2 ton 55,000 km and still had a lot of tread left when i sold the truck. I will be buying them again. Also a guy i work with just replaced his bfg KO's with 105,000 km and they were'nt bald.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best tire i think for ride and milage is a michelin hands down. but they look like car tires:(. got a couple buddies running good years and really like them. have heard good stuff on the nitto terra all terrains and they are reasonably priced till the end of the month. for 305/60-18's they qouted me 280 per tire. what ever ya do STAY AWAY from cepek fc2's. i got about 40k on mine and they are toast. and the traction isn't that good in the mud and snow either unless you really got them turnin.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got new silent armors the last set i had got over 93kms, I run them on all 50 fleet trucks i have up here.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have pro-comp x-treme a/t on my 08F-350 I have 138489 km on them as I type. I have rotated them and have maintained tire pressures. There not the greatest tire in icy conditions but otherwise I have no complaints. I guess I better get some new tires before the snow flies. I figure there still good for 10000 more km.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed 285-75 R17 on my Dodge and so far so good. I would suggest to any one that they are a good tire.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought Hankook Dynapro ATM and am impressed with the ride price and look of tread. My buddy ran them in the winter and said he got really good ice and snow traction. I paid $275 a tire for LT285/70/17 10 ply tires and am very happy so far.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just getting ready to order my 3rd set of toyo open country MTR. been getting about 70,000 km out of them and have no complaints except the $$$

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to run pro comp xtreme MT's and i loved them. great tire in summer and winter. even quiet for being a 35" and MT. Had Toyo Open Country MT's before that.. Rolled my truck on em.. personally think they suck in the winter lol..

trying to determine a good meaty AT for my new duramax.. thanks for the thread & input it's helping me out too!

Top Bottom