Off road tires

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to think about what tires i'm going to run this spring-fall on the f150. I do about 50 50 pavement and old logging roads here in BC.
Right now I've got firestone destination xt's for the winter and they have been an awesome snow tire but they suck in mud.
In the past I've tried duratracs that seemed good until they wore a little then they were junk and got a few flats. Tried nitto ridge grapplers but they wore out really quick. bfg all terrains I found were overhyped and overpriced for how they performed.
Anyone else on here that does alot of off road that can recommend a good aggressive tire?

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOYO Open Country AT2/3 are a good AT tire, not a designated mud tire. I have them on my 3500 duramax and they've held up well. Great ride on pavement, not to loud. Decent off road. If you're look for a straight mud tire, I'd check out the TOYO Open Country MT.

bcjeepr

Reaction score
Have you thought about Firestone Destination MT 2 Have been impressed with these .

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOYO Open Country AT2/3 are a good AT tire, not a designated mud tire. I have them on my 3500 duramax and they've held up well. Great ride on pavement, not to loud. Decent off road. If you're look for a straight mud tire, I'd check out the TOYO Open Country MT.
Those look good firstdoo but need more of a dedicated mud tire.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about Firestone Destination MT 2 Have been impressed with these .
bcjeepr, I have been thinking about trying them out. Was hoping my buddy that handles bridgestone mining in bc can get me a deal but doubtful!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If you are truly doing 50/50 road and trails, I would strongly consider the bfg k02 or the general grabber atx or more aggressive x3. I personally run the Ridgetrak at and it is very economically priced and good wear, and awesome on the road, snow and mud. probably the best bang for the buck anywhere.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nokian rock proof's if your running alot of gravel and have a dedicated set of winters.

DUS

Reaction score
I just put a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T on my Sierra 1500 after coming off a set of Ridge Grapplers.
Not really anytime off-road time with them.
Pretty happy with them so far, aggressive sidewall.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My next choice would probably be something from Interco. Ive never personally ran anything from them beside quad tires, but I would like to try them someday.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying Goodyear Workhorse tires this time.
Duratracs wore to quickly for me.

Are you finding tires hard to find?
I heard of some shortages.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the bias ply interco IROKS on my TJ. Use them on beadlock rims and can run them down to 3 psi. They work very well off road. Little noisy on the pavement lol

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run interco iroks (radial), boggers, sx, tsl, and thornbirds in the past but they were mostly on offroad rigs so i didnt really pay attention to longevity and/or on road characteristics. I dont think the on road characteristics would be very good for daily driving.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run interco iroks (radial), boggers, sx, tsl, and thornbirds in the past but they were mostly on offroad rigs so i didnt really pay attention to longevity and/or on road characteristics. I dont think the on road characteristics would be very good for daily driving.
I still get a headache just thinking of going down the highway with a set of new boggers on haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My next choice would probably be something from Interco. Ive never personally ran anything from them beside quad tires, but I would like to try them someday.
Interco tires are great if you do 80%+ off road. Supers swamppers or tsl boggers are sick if you want a real mud tire. They vibrate like a mofo on road, impossible to balance pretty well.

For 50/50 id go with the Toyo MTs

Top Bottom