Tires for a rig, what to pick

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put Yokohama Geolander I/T's on my F150. 275/55R20 and they stick like crazy. Wider and deeper tread than the Blizzaks really grabs the snow,and really quiet.

jetcheker

Reaction score
Been running Toyo Open Country WLT 1s last season and so far til now, great on ice but in deep snow/slush they dont clear enough. Had enough and after reading all the reviews will try an upgrade to GY duratracs. You guys wouldnt lead me astray...rite lol

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Toyo M55 on myF350.

Fanatastic all round tire. You must shop around though.

Bonnyville AB Ford guaranteed the chepest tire, so I got quotes from locals, Edmonton, Calgary.

Ford still beat the lowest quote.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks. ill look into them.

i want something that's not completely winter specific, as i want to be able to run them during the summer months as well. And they have to be deep tread for clearin the snow and slush.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put on the terra graplers last week.<1200 bucks mounted balanced and taxes. seem to be awesome. good traction on the hard packed slippery snow,was in two wheel drive climbin the hill no prob. saw the deer. stopped got out fell on my azz and the barrel of my gun left a real nice gash in my back door of the truck as i went down. fuggin ice. and still drove away in 2 wheel. also relativley quite on the road.
tire size was a 285/75 18

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put Firestone Winterforce w/studs on the wife's Yukon. I'll never run an all season/all terrain in the winter again. You just can't beat a dedicated winter tire with studs. Only thing that sucks is I'll have to buy some A/T's for summer use now.
Got the same ones on my truck...bet they came from the same guy even! Hehehe. Great tires! The "Big Diesel Boys" can't use 'em though as they only come in P rated tires.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I think all this thread proves is that each and every one of us has found tires we hate and tires we love, and very few of us have found the same ones LOL

Nice to read a thread like this and read everyones views and opinons. For me, sure beats talking to a dealer intent on selling you 'HIS' favorite tire...

Top Bottom