Tires for a rig, what to pick

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but i gots a big lift and tires. i can wheel if i choose but i like it clean so dont. lol:d

oh and its a diesel to and makes mega smoke. even if i dont step on it

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You guys are making this difficult. I need tires right away and was hoping for some conclusions from this thread but all I'm getting is more confused...lol..
Such is life.

Summitric, guess I will have to make a decision darn soon and give you some money. :beer: :beer: :) :beer: :beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are making this difficult. I need tires right away and was hoping for some conclusions from this thread but all I'm getting is more confused...lol..
Such is life.

Summitric, guess I will have to make a decision darn soon and give you some money. :beer: :beer: :) :beer: :beer:

what kind of driving are you mostly doing. m55 are great for traction, mud and snow( heard that somewhere before) :d good for gravel a little road noise. if mostly highway you may find a better tire.
m55 good oilfield tire that lasts and has good traction. :d:beer:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some 295 70 17 Hankook RF10's put on last week, so far pretty good, but if on a gravel road throw rocks like crazy. As these are very close to Toyo OC a/t I don't know how those people running the tires didn't mention it in reviews.

I would have gotten M-55's but they don't come any larger than 265 70 17.

My brotherinlaw just put Goodyear Wrangler Territories on a couple weeks ago and seems to like them,.. similar to the M-55's

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never noticed the open Country A/T's throwing rocks very much. They were only fair in the gumbo, pretty ok in the snow, but better than most on ice, and pretty quiet on the highway with good treadlife. The cooper S/T's were better in the mud and snow, still very good on the ice, but didn't hold up to heavier loads (near or over weight limits on 1 tons) and gravel roads.

inside

Reaction score
I got 265 silent armour on my 2006 duramax. They are a pretty good snow and great on ice. They are good in the mud also. You get pretty good miledge out of them, I drive alot of gravel and if you rotate them you can get 50 K easy out of a set. The duratract look a little luggy for good life on the highway.

barrone

Reaction score
My brother and I have run through 4 sets of BFG all terrains with no problems. I now run a set of studded winter tires on stock rims and then in summer run 35" BFG mud terrains on aftermarket rims. A bit more money initially, but I will wear both stes out eventually and I am good in the mud in the summer, and excellent for thoses sled trips to the mountains where the roads can be treacherous, especially for all season tires.
Chains are great also, but not so great if you have to travel 300km with them on at 30km/hr.
The bad part about studded winter tires is that when you pass people on poor roads, they think you are an idiot, when in fact you are in better control than they are. HAHA

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F350 with 275/65/R20 Skins. Have searched lots. Wanted a larger tire than stock, but very little available for 20" wheels. I want good ice traction for the pleasurable winter mountain driving and little road noise. I couldn't find a decent tire. Went with the same that I was going to replace. Michelin LTX AT2 after running it for the last 2-1/2 years and about 85,000Km back and forth to the hills. I figured I best stick with what works real good in the s&^t conditions for my set-up!!

markaug

Reaction score
Just put Goodyear Duratrac 275/70/18's on my duramax, have @500 miles and they seem to be working good on the icy roads.

darkday

Reaction score
I just put a set of bridgestone blizzaks 265/75/16 on my duramax and they are great. They don't throw rocks on gravel and i haven't had to put in in 4x4 since i put them on.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tirerack.com has a pile of tire reviews from 100's of thousands of users in all conditions.
Check it out!!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright so need to order this week. just went to edmonton n back and i dont like my silent armors. sorry guys. its a winter rated tire and such but i feel like im gettin pulled around in the snow and stuff. even in 4wd. runnin 09duramax. it sees town driving, mainly highway. and really only pulls during the winter, got an enclosed sled trailer. needs to be 33" for an 18" rim. i loved pro comp xtreme m/t's on the last truck but am looking for a good a/t.

sounds from this thread that hankook a/t , gy duratrak, and toyo m55's are the top liked tire? except the m55's not the best if primary highway use.. so the hankook, gy, or pro comp xtreme a/t ?? which ones best?

thanks!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put a set of Toyo WLT-1 tires on last week and think they are an awesome snow tire...Probabely the best I have run. That being said they are a snow tire so will have to change them out to an all season again in the spring but I am very happy with the traction and they are a 10 ply tire so no worries about towing with them.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put Firestone Winterforce w/studs on the wife's Yukon. I'll never run an all season/all terrain in the winter again. You just can't beat a dedicated winter tire with studs. Only thing that sucks is I'll have to buy some A/T's for summer use now.

Top Bottom