Tires, again.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever try dick cepek fun country's? I was looking at putting some 305/70r18 on my new rims when they come in.

I have them on my 05 cummins. And love them thus far. I've put 7500 kms on them. Wearing good and I don't notice any road noise or wobbles.
I ran the dick cepek mud country a few years ago and really liked them too.
I guess you could say a love cepek's haha
I have no complaints and would recommend and them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend Hankook dynapro atm's. Way better than my terra grapplers and toyo's! 30,000 on my F250 diesel and look new! I ran duratracs this winter and was very impressed but not running them in the summer as softer compound on the diesel truck will wear them out fast!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Toyo OC M/T's 12.5/35/20's on my 350 diesel and a set of Toyo Proxes ST's 315/35/20 on the wifes X5.. Both tires ride nice, great traction in various conditions, wear extremely well and they handle excellent.. Proxes are almost silent on the highway, the OC's are pretty noisy.. Find both sets of Toyo's to be extremely well made tires..

butters

Reaction score
I have them on my 05 cummins. And love them thus far. I've put 7500 kms on them. Wearing good and I don't notice any road noise or wobbles.
I ran the dick cepek mud country a few years ago and really liked them too.
I guess you could say a love cepek's haha
I have no complaints and would recommend and them.

I ran dick cepek mud country's (35's) on dodge 3500 diesel. Got 80000 km run life. Switched to dick cepek FCII this time. 50000 km and virtually no wear and quieter and siped for winter. Really great brand all around.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's something to be said about the quality of a Toyo; I run a 37x13.5R17 Toyo M/T at 37psi on my 2012 Ram w/CTD. They have NEVER been balanced (just lined the dot to the valve stem) and they are smooth as silk at 100mph on the highway. I generally get 75,000 + kms out of a set.

The bulk of Canada's Toyo supply still comes out of the Japan factory. They also have different tread compounds between the USA and Japan factories.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my Toyo MT's 37's- probably 40 percent tread life left. Had them for 4 years? don't even know how many miles are on them.. for 37's they're great!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I would personally say that the AT2 is a superior tire to the Nitto.

How can you substantiate that? I have tried almost every tire out there on my own truck, and have left the nitto's on it, as it was the best ride, and quietist of the bunch. we sell a lot of tires here, and to come out with a line like that, I have to question...... consumer's report gave the nitto's one of the highest ratings for a/t tires.... just curious how you came to that conclusion??

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can you substantiate that? I have tried almost every tire out there on my own truck, and have left the nitto's on it, as it was the best ride, and quietist of the bunch. we sell a lot of tires here, and to come out with a line like that, I have to question...... consumer's report gave the nitto's one of the highest ratings for a/t tires.... just curious how you came to that conclusion??

Obviously he's gonna say toyo's are the best. That's what he sells. Haha
They all suck in the end. If a tire never wore out then then there's be a good tire on the market. But till then. Lol

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm curious, cuz we also sell toyo's, and have had a few come back ripped out from gravel roads, on company oil trucks.... We just got into the nittos a couple years ago, and seem to wear pretty good, and balance well too ... We sell everything but goodyears -- can't get a great deal on them

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you run the AT2 Ric? We have run both tires...and here are my findings

- Road Noise - both tires are relatively equal.

- Highway driving snow and ice - Although both tires perform well; The AT2's superior tread design and self cleaning capabilities perform much better when the snow gets a little deeper and seems to handle the slush better as well.

- Offroad - the At2 is a hands down winner with its tread design and more aggressive sidewall. In the mud the AT2 has great self cleaning capabilities... far better than that of the Nitto Terra Grappler

- Wet and Rainy paved roads - Both tires perform well, although the AT2's seem to have a little better resistance to hydro-planing.

- Dry pavement - the edge would slightly favour the Nitto here in tight/fast corners, but not noticeable to most drivers.

Are we talking about all terrain tire performance on the highway, or an all around performer in "All Terrain" conditions. When was the Consumer Reports released? One thing that you also have to take into consideration is that I would imagine that we use our trucks a little harder than most (especially offroad). Suspension definitely isn't our limiting factor in tire testing...so we really get a chance to put tires through their paces.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YUP, have run both tires... currently on the nitto terra grapplers for summer(run winter tires in the winter ;) ).....I was just questioning that "you said" the at2 is a superior tire to the nitto, and how you substantiate that claim-- by offroad/hiway/winter/ice/rain/mud/gravel/dirt -- personal driving?? .... That's all.

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just questioning that "you said" the at2 is a superior tire to the nitto.... That's all

LOL...you asked how I could substantiate my comment and how I came to that conclusion...so I was just letting you know :) I'm all about the details!!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 2 models of AT2's and the Extremes have not been mentioned, extreme and regular, which are you referring to?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are 2 models of AT2's and the Extremes have not been mentioned, extreme and regular, which are you referring to?

Either, Or. Tire construction is virtually the same on both the regular AT2 and Xtreme. The Xtreme marketing is the larger sized tires and has a little more aggressive sidewall tread than of the regular AT2. The kicker is that the Xtreme sizes don't carry the same mileage warranty that the regular AT2 does... Larger tires need to be cared for in a slightly different way than a regular sized light truck tire; Tire pressures, rotation cycles etc...are much more pertinent on larger tires.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YUP, have run both tires... currently on the nitto terra grapplers for summer(run winter tires in the winter ;) ).....I was just questioning that "you said" the at2 is a superior tire to the nitto, and how you substantiate that claim-- by offroad/hiway/winter/ice/rain/mud/gravel/dirt -- personal driving?? .... That's all.

Yep...I base my opinion on all of the above, as it is not an accurate review of an A/T tire if it only get's used in the summer. IMO...half of what makes a good A/T tire is how it works in all seasons and conditions.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously he's gonna say toyo's are the best. That's what he sells. Haha

I love when people say things like this. We sell certain brands because we want to...not because we have to. We probably put tires through more paces in all seasons and conditions than the average person. If you max out the pressure of a Toyo...they will shred apart, but if you know the proper parameters - you will have good success with them. All tires have their quirks. We know the Toyo's and know them very well...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey HRT Offroad (Hi Kevin & Robyn :) ), what would you recommend the tire pressure be at for the Toyo Open Country M/T tires LT275/70R18? Getting mine installed tomorrow.

Sorry for the brain fart and completely forgetting you guys sold them or I would have came to you!!!

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey HRT Offroad (Hi Kevin & Robyn :) ), what would you recommend the tire pressure be at for the Toyo Open Country M/T tires LT275/70R18? Getting mine installed tomorrow.

Sorry for the brain fart and completely forgetting you guys sold them or I would have came to you!!!

I would start out at 45 PSI all the way around...and you could probably run a little less in the rear if you're running empty in the box. Rotate them every 5-7000kms

Top Bottom