1 Ton Duallys

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol- yeah great deal truck included! Camper is $75k new/truck $110k these days/ torque lift, super truss 5K. Buddies rig is $190k new...

Forsure. Would have took it if that was the deal. @ 190K Im not interested at all....

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had and Arctic Fox 992 and pulled my 20ft jet boat with my dually dodge and dually ford, and I have this to say. The camper was to heavy when fully loaded for a 1ton truck. I had to add airbags and run them at 85psi in my f-350 and I put the heavy super springs in my dodge 3500. I also upgraded the sway bar in the rear of my dodge. The Arctic fox camper needs to go in a 450 or 550 truck. Towing the boat really didn't change much other than a little slower climbing hills. To tow the boat I used one of those dual receiver hitches and 30" extension with support chains and shackles, it worked great.
yes you are right on.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you are right on.

I think the suspension of a 5500 would rattle the thing apart, the camper would not be heavy enough to make the 5500 ride decent. I find mine even at the 15,000 mark still rides like a lumberwagon. The only time it's rode nice was loaded up around the 19,000lbs-20,000lbs mark. It might not look like it, but the suspension is seriously stiff compared to a 3500. 2000lbs of pin weight and 2000 pounds on the deck does virtually nothing, and that's with a truck that already weights 11,500 empty.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for a C&C, Ram is the way to go, better options and GVWR ratings.

lozinch

Reaction score
A dually is a must. I've got a AF990 on a 2019 Ram dually long box and fully loaded before hooking onto the boat or utility trailer with quads I'm 13800lbs with half tank of fresh water. with the trailer the truck is over its capacities. Current dually's have 14000lb GVWR's across the board which I think even includes the f450. the stock air assist on the RAM handles it beautifully and it rides like a dream down the highway. I've got the torklift supertruss 26 inch extension which is a must if you want to tow a trailer in my opinion. definitely do your research on the camper, what I found was the Arctic Fox sticker weight that's on the camper is before anything was added to it like A\C, rear step, solar, happyjacks etc.. I bought the truck specifically for the camper based on listed weights and knowing what I know now I would of gotten a 4500 RAM with a flatbed.
camper.jpg

Top Bottom