The Day of the Professional Trucker is almost over.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you own a truck right now life couldn't be better . Dry van loads of the coast to Edm or Cgy 5-6000 g . I have loads all over North America right now and can't find trucks let alone negotiate a rate . When you do get a truck it's 25-45 % more than it was 3 weeks ago . Supply chain is in a world of hurt right now .

Yeah I don’t even want to tell you what we just paid for Hazmat loads from Houston to Edmonton. Ouch!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t even want to tell you what we just paid for Hazmat loads from Houston to Edmonton. Ouch!!!
Too bad the drivers aren't getting a cut of the increase. The middle man always seems to make out alright. Kind of like the huge increases we are all seeing on our utility bills.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad the drivers aren't getting a cut of the increase. The middle man always seems to make out alright. Kind of like the huge increases we are all seeing on our utility bills.
The fuel guy is sure getting his share

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I can guess about 8-9 G right now
Almost makes me want to go buy another truck.(Just kidding) This wouldn't affect me anyways because us unvaccinated heathens aren't allowed across the border.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost makes me want to go buy another truck.(Just kidding) This wouldn't affect me anyways because us unvaccinated heathens aren't allowed across the border.
Feel the same way . My luck just after i would have paid 40% too much for a used truck the bottom would fall out and we'd be back to 1.00 per mile

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got one of my sons a small plastic tractor and wagon once for Christmas. He would haul all sorts of things around the house. Backing into corners and the like. Well to this day he can take a truck and put it just about anywhere. Teach them early and it will stick with them.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backing up a b-train to the quality in that video should be the standard of a license? Why would you lower it so much? Any driver with any bit of skill could do that blindfolded, not saying he's not a good driver, but the backing up in the video was not exactly textbook it was just good enough to get the job done and if he had to back up even 50' more likely would have been fawked and needed a pullup or a big correction to get them straight. The current back ups in the test for a class 1 are harder then that.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backing up a b-train to the quality in that video should be the standard of a license? Why would you lower it so much? Any driver with any bit of skill could do that blindfolded, not saying he's not a good driver, but the backing up in the video was not exactly textbook it was just good enough to get the job done and if he had to back up even 50' more likely would have been fawked and needed a pullup or a big correction to get them straight. The current back ups in the test for a class 1 are harder then that.
You're just critical of pretty much anything you see arent you? Nothing is up to your seal of approval yet you drive around with out trailer brakes. Confusing to most to say the least.:rolleyes:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what test you took for your class 1 but it definitely does not consist of anything more difficult than backing 1 truck and trailer length.

Backing up trains does require practice. I'm ok at it but have witnessed some that are very impressive.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what test you took for your class 1 but it definitely does not consist of anything more difficult than backing 1 truck and trailer length.

Backing up trains does require practice. I'm ok at it but have witnessed some that are very impressive.
In Alberta with the MELT program there is 2 back up maneuvers, 1 is a 90 degree blindside back, and one is a parallel park (it's a stupid wording for it, it's actually much more difficult then an actual parallel park, albeit it's a maneuver no one will ever use again). Both of which are more difficult then the back up in that video, by far.

Yes they are difficult to back up around corners or what not, but backing them up straight? Not very difficult.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're just critical of pretty much anything you see arent you? Nothing is up to your seal of approval yet you drive around with out trailer brakes. Confusing to most to say the least.:rolleyes:

Critical of everything? Nope. Critical of someone making a untrue statement? Yep. I along with anyone who can half a$$ back up a trailer could do what is done in the video ACTUALLY blindfolded. I'm not even going to bother to respond to the last part what is complete stupidity.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking a page out of CBC's book with misinformation are we?

I Do believe you reported on it cyle.
So was your previous comments about trailer brakes, truthful or not
Asking for a friend of rebel news.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Do believe you reported on it cyle.
So was your previous comments about trailer brakes, truthful or not
Asking for a friend of rebel news.

It was a perfect example of what media like CBC does, they take something out of context and spin it to suit their needs.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's still lots of professional drivers out there...Most haul logs, know how to put chains on and don't wear flip flops, jogging pants and wear head sets.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trailer brakes are overrated.......

I've ran my dump truck with my light trailer for years without putting a brake controller in, i'm lazy. It's not legal but i'm not concerned about pulling my skidsteer or mini hoe behind a tandem without brakes unless it's icy. It could haul it in the box, the truck stops it fine.

Top Bottom