Tex78's "Avy Warning" use your head thread

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Here ya go tex a place for you to tell people to be careful every time an avalanche happens so you can keep your advice and opinions out of threads meant to show respect and pass along condolences.

From here on before you even go into a thread about an avalanche come in here clear your mind. And then continue on to pass along your sympathies with a clear cool head

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Tex78's use your head thread

I'm with Jeff on this. Don't really think he was being a dyck head. He sent his sympathy first, then said use your head out there. Quite frankly, I'm tired of burring friends and family members every week when the conditions get a little sketch out there. I think people tip toe around this subject don't say what's on their mind because someone may get offended or take it the wrong way. But heaven forbid if you spell something wrong and maybe not use the perfect or proper grammar, look out!! everyone jumps on that. People can learn lots from others on this site, but it's seems everyone knows everything, they don't want to man up and say hey maybe I do need to brush up on some stuff. Maybe more of us need to dyck it up a bit!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

You don't need to tip toe around it just do it with some compassion. Far better to put it in a separate thread saying hey guys special bulletin on Avy conditions play safe and follow your training rather than stating the same thing in every thread about someone's passing

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm also with Jeff on this, the warning ARE out there and if people CHOOSE not to fallow the warning's things can happen and WILL happen.
I'm a CERTIFIED guide and a member of Vernon SAR's team and i get very pee"d off when i read this crap because i know it doesn't have to happen.
So how do we get the message across to the numb nut's? Maybe closing the back country on high risk day's will get some people to listen?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

I'm also with Jeff on this, the warning ARE out there and if people CHOOSE not to fallow the warning's things can happen and WILL happen.
I'm a CERTIFIED guide and a member of Vernon SAR's team and i get very pee"d off when i read this crap because i know it doesn't have to happen.
So how do we get the message across to the numb nut's? Maybe closing the back country on high risk day's will get some people to listen?

Again fine... Have your opinions and by all means post them.... But do it in a different thread..... So here is a thread where all of fed up people can post anything they want so as to not mess up threads and start bs arguments in threads where they don't belong

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well, shutting down back country when there is high danger will not work. We can't keep people out of the damn parks and closures! Plus, I'm still going to ride if it's high.
You can still ride when it's high danger. It's all in travel techniques and recognition.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Again fine... Have your opinions and by all means post them.... But do it in a different thread..... So here is a thread where all of fed up people can post anything they want so as to not mess up threads and start bs arguments in threads where they don't belong

I can't dispute what your saying out of respect, so i'm also agreeing with you.
This weekend i only wished to be out sledding, fresh snow and blue skies, what else can one ask for. But instead i'm home on stanby for the entire weekend on a freckin puter, just for that reason.....somebody might need SAR's. Considering i was suppose to be off all winter this year to enjoy sledding, this weekend's extreme condition's has reinlisted me as backup. I don't want to go out there to dig up bodies, its that simple.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well, shutting down back country when there is high danger will not work. We can't keep people out of the damn parks and closures! Plus, I'm still going to ride if it's high.
You can still ride when it's high danger. It's all in travel techniques and recognition.

No one want's to shut the back country down...except the greenies.....you can only educate, the dangers are always there and always will be.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here ya go tex a place for you to tell people to be careful every time an avalanche happens so you can keep your advice and opinions out of threads meant to show respect and pass along condolences.

From here on before you even go into a thread about an avalanche come in here clear your mind. And then continue on to pass along your sympathies with a clear cool head
Did u even look at the time I posted, there was 15 min between posts, thought about it after I posted my condolences

Then said my other think about it guys post

Really don't care about what u think dude, it was a reminder again to sledders that just don't get it

And I'm sick and tired of this kind of post, again and again with avy extremely high and still happens
I'm with Jeff on this. Don't really think he was being a dyck head. He sent his sympathy first, then said use your head out there. Quite frankly, I'm tired of burring friends and family members every week when the conditions get a little sketch out there. I think people tip toe around this subject don't say what's on their mind because someone may get offended or take it the wrong way. But heaven forbid if you spell something wrong and maybe not use the perfect or proper grammar, look out!! everyone jumps on that. People can learn lots from others on this site, but it's seems everyone knows everything, they don't want to man up and say hey maybe I do need to brush up on some stuff. Maybe more of us need to dyck it up a bit!
Thanks, and that's exactly what my post was about and for

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Every time a special avalanche warning was issued this winter my first thought was "someone's going to die this weekend". In fact is was more than a thought. Co-workers and I talked about it. Every time I was right. I hate being right. I don't even read the condolence threads any more because I'm so fed up with being right.

PLEASE people.....make me wrong! :rant:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Every time a special avalanche warning was issued this winter my first thought was "someone's going to die this weekend". In fact is was more than a thought. Co-workers and I talked about it. Every time I was right. I hate being right. I don't even read the condolence threads any more because I'm so fed up with being right.

PLEASE people.....make me wrong! :rant:
Right on the money

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Tex78's "Avy Warning" use your head thread

Spoke with a guy, been riding mountains 15 years, about 45 and smart guy, asked about his AST training....
He says, been riding long enough with guy that are certified, knows as much as they do, don't need it.
Proof that maturity, intelligence and "Avalanche Warnings" don't mean riders will step up and get the certification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Tex78's "Avy Warning" use your head thread

Tex, did you see the Golden Search and Rescue FB page, they put pictures up of the slide area. Insane that people were climbing that, its a natural avalanche chute. Mind boggling, maybe its the pics, but I don't get why anyone would go there.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tex, did you see the Golden Search and Rescue FB page, they put pictures up of the slide area. Insane that people were climbing that, its a natural avalanche chute. Mind boggling, maybe its the pics, but I don't get why anyone would go there.
Link?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes I seen the pics, and have been there

It was in East quartz , and why u would even consider going there let alone touch it with a 1 mile pole is beyond me

I'm surprised to not hear of something from in gorman actually, as it's the same zone

Mabe most kept there head thinking caps on, I sure hope that's the case and just not luck involved

Top Bottom