Tapex exhaust

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wondering if any of you know of an exhaust system that wont keep cracking every couple thousand kms. its starting to piss me off. tried the rx1 exhaust and that wasnt any better.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put on 3000 km and there is double than on the sled.....lost one donut but pipes are all good still......what are you running for fuel? I heard VP is a lot hoter than Av gas and that causes an issue.....I run straight Av and no issues! 18 PSI.....sorry for you bad luck!

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OverKill is right. No need for the higher grade fuel unless you are going to higher boost levels. The EGT's get to hot. With your 290 kit Premium Pump fuel or Av Gas should give you no problems. 5000km on mine and this summer I am replacing one collector pipe because it got hit by a rock that the track sucked up.

Good Luck Mike. Try and keep that sled in one piece next winter so you don't have to keep borrowing parts off me. :d

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
wondering if any of you know of an exhaust system that wont keep cracking every couple thousand kms. its starting to piss me off. tried the rx1 exhaust and that wasnt any better.
You have a wideband? Sounds like it might be running lean.

I used to go through a header a season until I got the A/F's under control. The sled makes more power with proper fueling too.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I keep blowing out my sensor because of the heat I assume. I've been running around 100 octane with av gas. I'm wondering if 94 octane from husky would be good enough with only run 12 - 15 psi on my apex.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little birdie once told me that Alpine in Salmon Arm has built some stainless ones out of .080" stainless. $600 for a set if the birdie was on his game that day :D

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I keep blowing out my sensor because of the heat I assume. I've been running around 100 octane with av gas. I'm wondering if 94 octane from husky would be good enough with only run 12 - 15 psi on my apex.

The sensors are going out from the leaded fuel. We will be selling a product called Decalyn and it is added to the fuel so the lead won't stick to anything incl plugs, valves, valve seats, exhaust, and sensors. Airplane guys have been using it for years, and we started testing it last spring.

Doesn't Husky fuel have ethanol in it? If so then you will have to burn more of it to make up for the ethanol. Flex fuel engines in cars sense the ethanol and add 10-15% more fuel to the engine.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its not the heat causing A/F sensor problems. I believe the A/F sensor is wired into the light harnes. disconnect it from there and tie it into the ignition. The o2 sensor takes time to heat up, so this way as soon asyou turn the key on the sensor starts to heat up and starts reading rather than after the engine has started.

Also av gas is a o2 sensor eater. The LSU4.2 sensors don't like leaded fuel.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run straight avgas and have never had any sensor issues. I'm looking into some stainless custom stuff right now sooo. We'll just have to see what comes of it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run straight avgas and have never had any sensor issues. I'm looking into some stainless custom stuff right now sooo. We'll just have to see what comes of it.

I think to much octane is the problem. Shell gold premium and 2 gallons 111vp is what I run at 18 psi (at altitude) on a nitro. No issues with over 6000 km on my first nitro. And 2900 on my new one. I am running a mcx. I have heard that front mounts have this issue more than mid mount systems.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca

Silly Mike they mean O2 sensor issues. You dont even run an air-fuel gauge. Maybe the ol' grl is running a lil lean? Hmmmmmm Looking foreward to rippn it up with ya buddy! Maybe u should add an air-fuel gauge to see how she's running?

Top Bottom