Swan Hills

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you guys riding Sunday too..............?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posnick, Smurff, WDP, Philster, T-Bone, ZRrr, Myself and a couple others that are not on-line... We are meeting at AnW in Barrhead around 8am for breaky...
Have a good one I won't make it sled is in the hospital and I think I should be too!!!!!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sled being repaired on sat,may have to hook up with pilo and come up Sunday,if repairs work out I hope to make er for a rip,spring is comming,not much time left and out come the bikes!
catmando!
Pm me chris if your looking for someone to tag along with!:beer:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
See you guys Saturday night. Group of us riding from Flatbush on the Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trail.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Had a great day riding Saturday. Trails are in good condition and there are still pockets if fun powder.
Started the day with two stuck trucks (cost us a tow truck and 4 hours of lost sledding).
We weren't lost last night, we just didn't know where we were.
Arrived at hotel at 8 PM to have the Snow Angels waiting
Supper and a few wobbly pops and off to bed.
gaha7y3y.jpg

qu3ape8e.jpg

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw you guys stuck there when we drove past thought maybe the other truck might get you out. Then we said what were those guys thinking. Glad you finally got out.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See you guys Saturday night. Group of us riding from Flatbush on the Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trail.

How was the Trans Canadian trail from Flatbush to Swanhills?
We rode from Long island lake to flatbush but didn't like riding the roads with minimal snow cover.
Did we go the wrong way or was that your experience?

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a snowmobile lawn dart contest on Saturday... guess what? I won! Nothing to be proud of kids!!! Had a great time up at Goose, we always seem to find some sort of entertainment up there!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Saw you guys stuck there when we drove past thought maybe the other truck might get you out. Then we said what were those guys thinking. Glad you finally got out.

I was thinking the same thing "what was I thinking"
There were tracks into the baseball diamonds parking lot so I followed them. What an idiot. Then one of the other guys took his truck down what he thought was a road, turned out it was where a groomer had gone. I was 30 ft off the road, he was 150 ft.
Not much we could do but laugh at ourselves.
Found the correct staging area Saturday...lol
6eqagy8u.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How was the Trans Canadian trail from Flatbush to Swanhills?
We rode from Long island lake to flatbush but didn't like riding the roads with minimal snow cover.
Did we go the wrong way or was that your experience?

We didn`t unload at Flatbush. The ditch section could be a little tricky and the road a little gravely. Wait till this weekend as snow is coming Thursday. Trail from Pembina River good all the way. getting a little rough now but still easy run. Watch for trees across the trail. Was very windy Sunday.
Have a good trip take some pics.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's going Saturday or Sunday? TONS of snow in the forecast and I can't find a single person to go sledding with! Damn married people. Lol

Looks like I'll be throwing it in the box of the truck and heading up. But have no idea where I'm going and never a good idea sledding alone of course.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
They have re-negged on the forcast quite a bit, Swan is not covered under the Heavy snowfall warning and they've changed the forcast from 45+cm down to about 15cm.... fuggers I had my hopes up and was ready to roll for saturday...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I found it to be extremes...

Most was hard packed and wind blown, but when you ventured into the trees it was 6' of bottomless powder that my sled nor my skills are capable of navigating... freeway or stuckfest...

We did find one nice open field north west of the goose loop that had about 18" over a crust, this was great until I broke through the crust and it took us 90 mins to get my sled out...lol

They need "sledders" snow. Last weekend was good but you had to look for pockets of powder.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have or know where to find info on the best places to unload and ride to find the deepest snow and biggest hills there?

And lets pretend I have NO clue about anywhere up there as have never been.

Last edited:
Top Bottom