surf n

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin boat showtime. Went from a ski supreme which I was told was a great crossover boat for skiing and wakeboarding and was not happy with it at all but ended up getting the bu and cannot believe the differnce in fit & finish and quality, absolutely love the boat though. Just bought some fat sacs for it which should help with the surf wake. I didnt think I would like surfing coming from a skiing background but love to surf.

Where do you do most of your boating at?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin boat showtime. Went from a ski supreme which I was told was a great crossover boat for skiing and wakeboarding and was not happy with it at all but ended up getting the bu and cannot believe the differnce in fit & finish and quality, absolutely love the boat though. Just bought some fat sacs for it which should help with the surf wake. I didnt think I would like surfing coming from a skiing background but love to surf.

x2 that is a sweet ride Showtime!! :beer::d:beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks.....we've been all over but for extended holidays to head to the magic land of BC (Skaha, Mabel, Shuswaps etc.) closer to home we used to go to a tiny lake called Jackfish but its absolutely packed there now so we frequent Wabamun. We just had another friend buy a lake lot out their:d so we intend to be out alot more............if the sun would ever show it's damn face:realmad: How bout you...Glennifer? Pine?

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.....we've been all over but for extended holidays to head to the magic land of BC (Skaha, Mabel, Shuswaps etc.) closer to home we used to go to a tiny lake called Jackfish but its absolutely packed there now so we frequent Wabamun. We just had another friend buy a lake lot out their:d so we intend to be out alot more............if the sun would ever show it's damn face:realmad: How bout you...Glennifer? Pine?

We actually put in at the north end of Sylvan Lake. It can be a gong show in the afternoon but if you are out there before ten there is lots of time to enjoy the lake before everyone else gets out of bed. Tried gull lake last year and never made it out of the boat launch, got stuck in the boat and was so choked so we will not be heading there again. Was thinking of trying glennifer lake this year but have never been there before. Have done Pine in the old boat but not the new one yet. Have done Mabel and Mara Lake when we do the BC thing but we have a newborn now so it is a little difficult to just head out to bc for a week, maybe next year he should be good to go.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We actually put in at the north end of Sylvan Lake. It can be a gong show in the afternoon but if you are out there before ten there is lots of time to enjoy the lake before everyone else gets out of bed. Tried gull lake last year and never made it out of the boat launch, got stuck in the boat and was so choked so we will not be heading there again. Was thinking of trying glennifer lake this year but have never been there before. Have done Pine in the old boat but not the new one yet. Have done Mabel and Mara Lake when we do the BC thing but we have a newborn now so it is a little difficult to just head out to bc for a week, maybe next year he should be good to go.

Gull is a joke had the ole girl in there and heard Pine has lots of dead heads but never been. Sylvan is pretty good but to many posers that want to cruze the beach line for ladies in daddies tow boat. Just can't beat BC waters, it gets easier we have 2 rug rats that bounce around in the boat.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year are you guys Malibu's ? A new one is out of my reach but I found some 06,07 at a not bad price. 23 Wakesetter lsv, Are they any good? Whats the differance between a lsv and a vlx?

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year are you guys Malibu's ? A new one is out of my reach but I found some 06,07 at a not bad price. 23 Wakesetter lsv, Are they any good? Whats the differance between a lsv and a vlx?

06/07 are great years for the malibus and the lsv is a great size boat. check out the axis boat too as they are made by malibu but dont have all the shiny bling....great focus on wake......at a lower cost :)

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've had a 96' Sunsetter and now own a 06' Wakesetter VLX. Love them both. The difference as others mentioned is length. It all depends on how big your riding crew is on a usual basis and the location of storage. My neighbor had a VTX (20footer) and it didn't take much to fill it up at all. We find the VLX best fit our family as it wasn't too small or too big.

06/07 are great years for the malibus and the lsv is a great size boat. check out the axis boat too as they are made by malibu but dont have all the shiny bling....great focus on wake......at a lower cost :)

If your buying an 07-08 be sure to watch out for there muse switches and syn'd stereo controls, they had alot of problems with these. They got it all fixed up now but i know multiple people including my neighbor that fought with gremlins in this system. The Axis is definately an alternative but once you sit in it and feel around i think you will quickly be looking at the Malibu again. If on a budget look at the 2011-12 V-ride, it's the same tub as mine now less the bells + whistles.

If you buy a Bu you won't be dis-appointed, i driven & riden behind most all of the major manufacturers. If the sun ever shines your more than welcome to come out with me for a burn. Oh and Wizard Lake is awesome, totally cool dealer to buy from.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My boat is a 2010 VTX which is a 20 footer. I went from a 22 footer (not a malibu) to the VTX and did not notice a huge difference in size as the malibu is wider than my previous boat. As showtime says it depends on the number of people you are going to have with you. For my needs the VTX is perfect because I like to slalom once in a while and dont usually have more than four or five in the boat. The VTX is fine for up 6 people comfortably but if you are constantly going to be hauling around more than that look at the V-Ride or a VLX for increase interior room. Also have had great experiences with Wizard Lake in Calmar, great bunch of guys who know their stuff.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a 96' Sunsetter and now own a 06' Wakesetter VLX. Love them both. The difference as others mentioned is length. It all depends on how big your riding crew is on a usual basis and the location of storage. My neighbor had a VTX (20footer) and it didn't take much to fill it up at all. We find the VLX best fit our family as it wasn't too small or too big.

If your buying an 07-08 be sure to watch out for there muse switches and syn'd stereo controls, they had alot of problems with these. They got it all fixed up now but i know multiple people including my neighbor that fought with gremlins in this system. The Axis is definately an alternative but once you sit in it and feel around i think you will quickly be looking at the Malibu again. If on a budget look at the 2011-12 V-ride, it's the same tub as mine now less the bells + whistles.

If you buy a Bu you won't be dis-appointed, i driven & riden behind most all of the major manufacturers. If the sun ever shines your more than welcome to come out with me for a burn. Oh and Wizard Lake is awesome, totally cool dealer to buy from.

hahaha yes you are right about early mux sysyems and i am still replacing the odd power module mostly on 08/09, but they have got the bugz figured....we have had great success with Axis line as most of the boat systems are more basic......close your eyes..feels like a bu hull......and when we did plant tour....they used the same bottom mold as the wakesetters with slight mods for the bow and dock lite locations....great lookin boat showtime!!!:beer::beer:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been killin the surf jus lately,,,, feels good to finally get some sun swill and surf

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got the boat out for some surfin fun. Tried out the new fat sacs too and they make for an awesome wake. Hard to tell in the pictures how big the wake is but I have never gone ropeless for more than 5 seconds until now. Way more push and can ride ropeless no problem now. Lets see some more pics.

Attachments

• Surf.jpg
    Surf.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 124

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08154xp u ridin a triple x board,what do u think of it.Definatly liken mine.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powderslut I am on a ronix koal board. It is the only board I have ever been on so can't really compare it to anything. I am still working on getting the wake dialed in and picked up another fat sac this weekend but have not tried it out yet. Looks like you guys definately have you wake set up. That thing looks sweet.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats the hardest thing with surfn,gettin the weight dialed.I run 350 in the ski locker ,one 350 on the floor beside the motor box,another 350 on top of it and as far back as i can,then another 350 across the back seat .Then i throw another 350 up in the bow as far forward as possibile,then all the humans i can gather.Throws a decent wake for an old DD.

Top Bottom