Summitric truck trouble

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey ! Hey!At least give us a reason why you are dissin Fords.Mine give me a lot less trouble than the Dodge I owned before that!
catmando!:nono:

GRD

Reaction score
Ford Vs Dodge

All personal preference. I owned a dodge and now own a Ford. I had a lot of trouble with my dodge after the warrenty was gone. My ford is been off warrenty for a bit now, all is good. What was wrong with the Ford?

G

greg

I Heard The New Chev & Dodge Now Come With Heated Tail Gates So You Dont Freeze Your Hands When Pushing Theme Ha Ha

Clem

Reaction score
We've owned every make of domestic truck and the only one that never gave us any serious problems was the FORD!!!! :common001:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
summitric's ford problems

summitric finally got that ford diesel figured out. Tore the motor apart twice to find a problem that even "ford" couldn't dignose. It's not so bad when you own your own garage and your a great mechanic.:) Me, I would have been screwed if this had happened to me.:mad: Next test...Golden...
We took it to the Snow Angels ride on Sunday and it ran great.
Here is the old man tearing it apart....this is for you sleddedglen...also a mechanic.

:cool:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_5590_1.jpg
    IMG_5590_1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 376

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Truck Trouble

Was the problem with the engine, turbo,sensor or Electrical ? My truck, 2003 Superduty F-350 Had a crank but no start problem. After a few rides on the flat deck, Ford changed out my entire main harness under the hood.That was @ 24000 km, No problem since.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Bigfoot

MY TRUCK SHOWED NO OIL PRESSURE AT IDLE ONCE THE ENGINE WARMED UP. I PLAYED WITH IT FOR ALMOST A MONTH TRYING EVERYTHING EXTERNAL THAT I COULD(SORRY, BUT I'M GONNA VENT HERE OKAY?). I WENT ONTO SEVERAL WEBSITES TO SEE IF ANYONE RAN ACROSS THIS BEFORE. I FINALLY RAN ACROSS A FELLOW FROM THE STATES ON http://www.ford-trucks.com/ AND HE SEEMED TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAD AN APPOINTMENT BOOKED AT FORD FOR 2 WEEKS AND FINALLY TOOK IT IN TO HAVE THE HIGH PRESSURE OIL SIDE TESTED(SPECIAL FORD TOOLS OF COURSE), AND THEY SAID THE HIGH SIDE WAS OKAY. THEY PROCEEDED TO TAKE THE LOW PRESSURE PUMP APART AND SAID IT WAS BADLY SCORED AND THAT SOMETHING WENT THROUGH THE PUMP, AND THEY WANTED TO CHARGE $3200.00 + AN OIL CHANGE:crying3: . I THEN BOUGHT THE TIMING COVER/OIL PUMP ASS'Y FROM THE DEALER AND BROUGHT IT BACK TO MY SHOP AND REPLACED IT(12 HOURS LATER) AND I STILL HAD NO OIL PRESSURE. I WAS FURIOUS AND LET THE DEALER KNOW. I WENT BACK ONTO THE WEBSITE AND QUESTIONED THE FELLOW SOME MORE AND DECIDED TO TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT HE WAS TRYING TO TELL ME. I TOOK THE TOP OF THE ENGINE APART AND REMOVED THE HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP AND LOW AND BEHOLD A PORT THAT HAD A BALLBEARING PLUG PRESSED INTO IT WAS MISSING THE PLUG AND THE OIL SUPPLY FROM THE "LOW SIDE" WAS LEAKING OUT THIS PORT. THE "HIGH PRESSURE" PUMP WAS PICKING UP ENOUGH OIL TO START THE TRUCK(CRANKED VERY LONG TIME ON COLD STARTS) AND IT ACTUALLY RAN PRETTY GOOD BEFORE AND THE OIL GUAGE WOULD JUMP UP IF I GAVE IT A LITTLE THROTTLE. I TAPPED THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP PORT AND INSTALLED A PLUG AND LOCTITED THE PLUG AND REASSEMBLE IT AND VOILA!!! OIL PRESSURE. IT RUNS GREAT NOW, AND TODAY I'VE INSTALLED A 4" EXHAUST AND COLD AIR K&N INTAKE KIT, FROM ANOTHER TRUCK. I'M HOPING THE DEALER(WHO NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, AND SHOWED HIS DIESEL MECHANIC AND HE WAS AMAZED TOO) WILL EAT MY $750.00 LABOUR BILL FROM THEM TO TELL ME MY TIMING COVER OIL PUMP WAS GONE, AND THE $800.00 TIMING COVER/OIL PUMP ASS'Y(THAT IT NEVER NEEDED), AND A $650.00 HIGH PRESSURE REGULATOR(THAT IT NEVER NEEDED). I'M STILL WAITING FOR WORD FROM THEIR SERVICE MANAGER, WHO AGREED WITH ME THAT THE PUMP HAD SOME WEAR, BUT THEY RUN STEEL PUMP GEARS INSIDE THE ALUMINUM TIMING COVER, AND ALL IT HAD WAS SWIRL MARKS FROM THE NORMAL WEAR OF GEARS ONTO THE COVER --- NO GROOVES, OR GOUGES LIKE THE TECHNICIAN TRIED TO TELL ME. SO THERE, THAT'S MY EXPENSIVE STORY, AND YES, I KNOW THERE ARE LOTS OTHERS OUT THERE, BUT I HAD TO VENT:rant: AND YES I'M STILL PISSED OFF AT FORD AND THEIR DEALER(WHO MY SHOP BUYS LOTS OF PARTS FROM).

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Truck Trouble

Just goes to show you Rick how easy it is for the dealer to think they solved the problem by quick guessing on a issue and not really looking into the problem. Like you said that the oil pump had some small marks in the body but if they thought about it those grooves would of have to be huge gouges to lower the output so much. Those flat rate dealer techs dont get paid to slow down and look a little deeper or outside of the box on trouble shooting. Glad to hear you got it figured out YOURSELF. To bad you have to wait to see if you will be recieving a refund. Now the big question. Do you think the dealer will notify other dealers with a tech.bulliten or not. glad you got it going

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Inner guts of a diesel

Well I must say that the old diesel ran good on Sunday. Rick you look like you were having fun under the hood inside that engine. Looks cleaner than I thought for a diesel. How do you keep your hands clean. Not that they dont get dirty as a auto tech but diesel usually means a temporary tatto for a few days.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
0il pump plug ??

Summitric, Where did the plug that was missing (end up at)? What do you think allowed the plug to get dislodged.
That sure is a kick in the pants ! Good thing you are a handy type of guy ! I play around w/all my toys & vehicles. It surprises one some times how those service people think everyone is dumb.
My truck is a 2003, with 102,000 kms on it. As I said before no problems w/for sometime now. I also have cold air intake, 4" exhaust & new Edge(juice platinum attitude- 5 level setting) She sure kicks ass when needed. I only run in levels (stock, mileage & tow) unless I want to show off for a short bit.. Then I bump her up.
Hope you don't have any more troubles & Ford looks after you ! Sounds like you are a good customer.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 31

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Bigfoot

The Hpop Ballbearing Plug Must Be In The Oil Pan, By Now, And Possibly Even Came Out With One Of My Many Oil Changes Recently. I Suspect When I Overheated When The Egr Cooler And Headgaskets Went The Difference In Expansion/contraction Between The Aluminum Housing And The Steel Ball Bearing Plug, Possibly Loosened It(but That Is 20000kms Ago), And It Finally Went.i Operate A Service Station In Sherwood Park(i'm A Licensed Tech), So We Do Buy Lots Of Parts From The Dealership.
I Too Have A Flo-pro 4" Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Superchips Programmer(set On Economy Mode Most Of The Time), And Lots Of Other Techy Tricks

Top Bottom