Summit vs. freeride

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only because he had more track ha ha. Jk.

well he got a new 2013 Pro 163 and I got an xm 154 so I will be sure to get some more video and maybe this year I will keep up with him,, but we will be sure to swap sleds as well.

lets hope this xm is all its cracked up to be!!!!

slederite

Reaction score
well he got a new 2013 Pro 163 and I got an xm 154 so I will be sure to get some more video and maybe this year I will keep up with him,, but we will be sure to swap sleds as well.

lets hope this xm is all its cracked up to be!!!!
I got a buddy who has a 12 pro 163 and just picked up his 13. My Nytro would barely keep up with itself on the hills. Too cheap to throw a turbo on and I really don't think that would have made handle so much better that I would have bought another. Point and shoot machines in my opinion.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like has already been said the summit will boondock easier. I bought a freeride cause I do like to drop cliffs and build ramps in the spring. As well as some riding around home. The plus's in these area's overcame the little extra effort to cut tight lines through the tree's. When the snows deep love to technical ride the day away as well. The sled is quite capable of this. Johni t pretty much sumed it up already. Does it handle as good on its side as a summit with a s-36 package? No. But close. Haha. Cheers boys.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved my freeride last year. I had a s36 on it so the only real difference from the x performance ways was the extra weight which didn't bother me.
The other nice perk to the FR over the 2012 X is the post forward .

motoman05

Reaction score
If this is the freeride in St Paul, do yourself a favor and get a lien check. Had a deal going on this same one. The guy gave me the VIN, and I went to
the registry office to get a search. Vin didn't come up. Called him back, he said he never registered it. He got it registered and I redid the search.
Came up with a lien. Called the guy and offered to pay off the lien and give him the rest in cash, he said no, I'll just keep it and ride it.
Apparently, he still wants to sell it with a lien.
Looks like a good deal (never did go to look at it in person), but I wouldn't want you to get burnt.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are no issues with buying a sled w lien on it
do a lien check, find out who the lender is, make the bank draft payable to the lender JOINT w the seller and done deal - its very easy

as far as which sled - I had this same dilemma and actually had a X model 146 XM on order
cancelled it for the FR...and today im glad i did
a buddy of mine bought an XM and i tell you its a fricken balancing act on that thing in limited snow
really have to watch yourself as it just wants to tip over ... great for the hills when you have deep snow to push up against the panels and help balance you out

i ride west once or twice a year so i bought a sled that was better suited for here, and the FR is that ticket IMO
shes beefed up, great adustable suspension, perfect track length and the etec power / reliablity is silly
when i get west w the FR i am not concerned about being abel to sidehill it ... pull the quick release sway bar and just hammer it over
if that isnt enough, maybe a S36 kit on it, but im doubting it

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enis, you don't think something like a Rush or XRS would be the perfect sled out here if you only cared about SK riding?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enis, you don't think something like a Rush or XRS would be the perfect sled out here if you only cared about SK riding?

i didnt say I only cared about SK riding ... that i wanted a sled that would be capable in both areas of riding
I do head west a few times/year, some years more/less than others
at our cabin there is always awesome snow, so i think i can warrant a 146 Summit

if i could have two sleds, then yes id have something a little more dedicated to here
but i rarely ride trails anyways .. just a bit to get to the good stuff

slederite

Reaction score
If this is the freeride in St Paul, do yourself a favor and get a lien check. Had a deal going on this same one. The guy gave me the VIN, and I went to
the registry office to get a search. Vin didn't come up. Called him back, he said he never registered it. He got it registered and I redid the search.
Came up with a lien. Called the guy and offered to pay off the lien and give him the rest in cash, he said no, I'll just keep it and ride it.
Apparently, he still wants to sell it with a lien.
Looks like a good deal (never did go to look at it in person), but I wouldn't want you to get burnt.
I asked him and he was forthcoming with the info on the lien so it's just a matter of making it out to the bank in question.

slederite

Reaction score
Ya do as motoman says and dont get burnt just come buy from the honest fella's like myself and then you will have the narrowed ski stance and still the kick ass suspension
And I haven't ruled your out Matt just weighing out all my options. This one only has 300km and the same warranty. Soooooo let's make a deal. :)

motoman05

Reaction score
I asked him and he was forthcoming with the info on the lien so it's just a matter of making it out to the bank in question.
I did just that, offered to go to his bank and pay off the lien with cash, but he said it wasnt worth the couple grand that he would get to keep. Maybe he has changed his mind.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
own a 2012 and 2013 freeride, heard rumors that wont be available next year, love mine , kid has a summit x and he loves his , cant go wrong either way

Top Bottom