Stolen sleds

Hogrider

Reaction score
:mad:
Lock up your Sleds. approximetly 12 sleds stolen around the Edson area in the last 2 weeks. Shops or trucks it doesn't matter.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit of an investment but with some more training she wont be accepting treats in exchange for my toys for people she don't know. Unlike fishing this is not catch and release

Attachments

• Wayne's 206.jpg
    Wayne's 206.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 40

gotmy17

Reaction score
Bit of an investment but with some more training she wont be accepting treats in exchange for my toys for people she don't know. Unlike fishing this is not catch and release

I got the same dog and she dose a great job.Next best thing to a gun.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they are filling sea-cans and our nice turbos are going to other countries....they are getting top $ for them then! just my 2 cent...

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pouch looks like he will eat a steak, Nice doggy

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They go to BC and SK no registration requirements!!:confused:

How many times am I going to see this posted that sleds don't need to be registered in BC????? :rant: YES THEY DO NEED TO BE REGISTERED IN BC. I know because I've registered at least 12 sleds since I've lived here. I know guys that have had their sleds impounded until they could provide proof of ownership and then had to get them registered. There are just as many sleds...if not more, going missing out of BC as there are in Alta. Quads and dirt bikes don't need to be registered yet. That is supposed to change here this Summer.

idothedoo

Reaction score
the problem is that the registries dont share records so if something is stolen here it can be registered in bc and no one would know that its stolen unless that sled ends up back in alberta.

i have heard on the news a few times of someone buying a used car then moving to another province and not being able to register it unless they paid the insurance company back the money that was paid out to the original owner.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got ours out of Lloydminster this am., Caught on Camera at 6:57am.

RC's found the trailer near Marwayne w/stolen Jeep nearby.
Sleds were seen being ridden from the scene so they are likely still in the area of Marwayne, Dewberry or Clandonald.
Both are 2010's w/less than 300 miles, so if you're offered a deal that sounds to good to be true.... well you know the rest.

Blue RMK 155" w/Chrome windshield
Red Dragon 155" w/black w/s
Tunnel bags, gas racks, vents, and tethers on both
The Dragon also has Snow Eliminators that is powder coated black, along with the gas rack and rear bumper

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled in saskatchewan have to have reg to ride on any non private land and if you do not reg you are not to ride on any of the trail system. A few years ago now they uped the price of reg because now when you purchase you reg it also includes you trail pass for the season. So no reg no trail pass. Also if you dont reg you have no insurance. Im sure this is how it works. But dont quote me you would have to check for sure.

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was driving from lloydminster to edm last tuesday and say an 18 wheeler with about 20 sleds on a flat deck,looked kinda fishy,truck was going east
didnt get a name or plate number from the truck.
mixture of old tundras,new xp's,rev's,nitro's etc....

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nice dog!! me and my family love dogs and actually used to breed them we have sold a couple in your area , wonder if it came from our kennel? hhhmmmm interesting......... whats its name ? male or female?? did you buy it there or did it come from ontario???

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live and ride the rocky mountains in BC. And nobody i ride with registers their sled unless they want insurance. Reason is if its bought used then they have to pay taxes on the sled so nobody does it. I see it as when a sled is bought new then ok taxes are payed...... payed twice? pound sand.
Anyone that buys a sled cash, without papers, or running the serial, is a thief.

My .02

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live and ride the rocky mountains in BC. And nobody i ride with registers their sled unless they want insurance. Reason is if its bought used then they have to pay taxes on the sled so nobody does it. I see it as when a sled is bought new then ok taxes are payed...... payed twice? pound sand.
Anyone that buys a sled cash, without papers, or running the serial, is a thief.

My .02

I totally agree about paying the taxes twice is a total tax grab to pay the wages and pensions of the GD Senate. But...get used to it. Come this summer when the HST kicks in you will now be paying both GST and PST on used everything. If your sled isn't registered out of BC and they check you at a roadblock, they can impound your sled until you provide proof of ownership. Good way to spoil your weekend.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My .02

Tax? GST? You only pay tax on used stuff bought from a dealer.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tax? GST? You only pay tax on used stuff bought from a dealer.

WRONG. When you register a used sled or a used vehicle that is purchased privately, you have to pay the PST in BC. For now it is only the PST on private sales and GST and PST when you buy from a dealership, but starting this Summer you will have to pay both PST and GST on all vehicle, sled or quad registrations, new and used, private purchase or from a dealership. This is the so called "Harmonized Sales Tax". "Harmonized".....they try to make it sound like such a beautiful thing! "Bend Over"........we're gettin it in the AZZ again!:surrender:

Top Bottom