Stolen sleds

W O T

Reaction score
In Sask you pay PST on anything over $3G. That is Car, truck, sled, anything you register. I payed $8500 in wainwright for a sled. When I registered it in Sask, I payed tax on $5500. That is paid before you leave the licence issuer.

That is also why some of my older beaten on sleds that the kids ride never get registered. Will never get insurance on them any ways, and they only get riden on private land so no need for liability.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
So here is another problem B.C. has. My sled is registered with the plate stuck on it and all, everything legal. I misplaced my papers so I went into motor vehicle branch with my bill of sale, serial #, and plate #. I'm thinking I'll just quickly get a copy of my registration..... wrong! They informed me that the ATV/snowmobile registry was not accessible threw there computer system and they would have to send away to Victoria for verification... This would take two weeks! They informed me this was a province wide thing. Ok, so "if" my sled was stolen and they run the plate # ........two weeks later they get a answer. Hello pony express! Let's face it, they are not concerned about our stolen sleds at all. I'm going to get another dog so my existing mut will have to share the thief meal.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is another problem B.C. has. My sled is registered with the plate stuck on it and all, everything legal. I misplaced my papers so I went into motor vehicle branch with my bill of sale, serial #, and plate #. I'm thinking I'll just quickly get a copy of my registration..... wrong! They informed me that the ATV/snowmobile registry was not accessible threw there computer system and they would have to send away to Victoria for verification... This would take two weeks! They informed me this was a province wide thing. Ok, so "if" my sled was stolen and they run the plate # ........two weeks later they get a answer. Hello pony express! Let's face it, they are not concerned about our stolen sleds at all. I'm going to get another dog so my existing mut will have to share the thief meal.

That doesn't make sense...? I recently had to register 2 sleds that had never been registered. Went to ICBC with Bill of sale and transfer paper. They sent me to the RCMP office with the sled and a form for the RCMP to complete after doing a stolen vehicle search. Later that day RCMP got back to me with the completed papers confirming the sled had not been reported stolen and then back to ICBC to register the sled. Had it all done in less than 24 hours. I think you got some garbage info. :confused:

justin_kase

Reaction score
Thats REALLY SHITTY!!! WOW! 12 sleds in 2 weeks?? Thats a lot!! especially since Edson isn't really that big of a town, is it?
Were there anymore sleds stolen after this was posted? Or was it just a bad couple weeks? And more importantly......

were any of these sleds recovered???

Top Bottom