Stock turbo t3 from doo for 2016

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(g/kW-hr), and oil affects the emissions also, so adding extra injection oil to get better engine life makes the engine "more dirty", and in a turbo 2-stoke there is a fair amount of loss (air/oil/fuel) through the motor when the ports are all open and the engine is under boost....this is why a 2-stroke won't make the same HP per PSI of boost as a 4-stroke....also a 2-stroke has less time to burn the air/fuel under combustion than a 4-stroke resulting in more unburnt hydrocarbons exiting the engine under boost

The question isn't if they can make a 2S cleaner than the 4S but if the can get clean enough to pass what the 'mericans deem acceptable.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The question isn't if they can make a 2S cleaner than the 4S but if the can get clean enough to pass what the 'mericans deem acceptable.

That' why it might have to be a kit.

Nikm17

Reaction score
I think sound emissions would be another huge problem with a turbo two stroke. I can't see how they could ever fit a turbo and a muffler that will be able to keep the noise as low as the stock suit case.

GregW

Reaction score
Have watched my riding pals chase the turbos over the past 20 years, when they work, their awesome, when they don't, it's no picnic, for a manufacturer who prides themselves on quality and realibility it really doesn't sound reasonable and consistent with their strategies. Doo generally does their best to avoid such situations, those that will tell you turbos are reliable and problem free are the people trying to sell you one. IMO anyway!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have watched my riding pals chase the turbos over the past 20 years, when they work, their awesome, when they don't, it's no picnic, for a manufacturer who prides themselves on quality and realibility it really doesn't sound reasonable and consistent with their strategies. Doo generally does their best to avoid such situations, those that will tell you turbos are reliable and problem free are the people trying to sell you one. IMO anyway!

BINGO. especially after 2008 they are making damn sure whatever they realease holds up

i would love to see a small displacment light turbo 4 stroke though.....just dont think the 2s are there yet.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BINGO. especially after 2008 they are making damn sure whatever they realease holds up

i would love to see a small displacment light turbo 4 stroke though.....just dont think the 2s are there yet.

turbo that little ACE 900 and boom !!!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats what i am waiting for. Wife had a turbo phaser. Pulled good. Just needed a chassis and to be a front mount to get rid of the lag. One day i will put
One together in the sled shed if they dont

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember last year when I mentioned doo was comming out with a three inch 174 a month before, there were a few on here not eating it as well... Look what they are riding now..

i think doo will step up to the plate, might only be a 4 lb kit and might only have one season warrenty.. But it's time.. The 800 even in the t3 is lame and needs a refresh

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember last year when I mentioned doo was comming out with a three inch 174 a month before, there were a few on here not eating it as well... Look what they are riding now..

i think doo will step up to the plate, might only be a 4 lb kit and might only have one season warrenty.. But it's time.. The 800 even in the t3 is lame and needs a refresh

i guess LAME is different for everyone. i think its a friggn monster and an absolute rush to ride in the tight steep trees. ya it doesnt go 100mph so if you like climbing big open stuff its likely not as exhilarating i guess

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i predict, shortly after poo releases their new engine, doo will spank them with stock turbo. BOOM!!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. I remember you saying the T3 rails were Chromoly last spring....

LOL Just jabbing..

Lol skidoo advertised it too, so in a sence Norona was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some rumours going around yamahas lightweight 850 cc will make it to a sled. 200 hp on boost would be just perfect. ( for some of us)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 506

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some rumours going around yamahas lightweight 850 cc will make it to a sled. 200 hp on boost would be just perfect. ( for some of us)

That would be sweet, it's a triple so it will sound decent and be a lot tougher than a twin design. Hopefully they put it in the grizzly as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mountainshredder69

Reaction score
2 dealers have said the same thing to me stock turbo from aerocharger...I mean they have been doing turbos for the skidoo race team for years now...Its not to far off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if they provide warranty on a stock turbo, you will still be paying the chopper bill to get it off the mountain when it breaks down!:realmad:

Top Bottom