Stock turbo t3 from doo for 2016

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
received some info today from dealer that there is a few stock turbo 800 doo around, and reports sound very positive... He was told it could be out for sneak peak in late February...
he was not sure on hp or warrenty.. But made it sound convincing

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard they have been testing these for a while. Also a 1000 etec. They are out there being ridden. Whether they will make it to market or not is the question.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although possible, I feel more likely are a next gen 600 with revised fuel injection, a 1200 replacement is well overdue, or a low priced machine similar to a Sea Doo Spark. I would think the low cost machine is the largest market that is untapped right now. They've recently done it with the Seadoo's, and I see a lower priced Can Am is out...no reason they can't produce a low cost sled.

If they did go into the turbo world on a 2 stroke, IMO it would be as a accessory kit similar to how Yamaha is doing it.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although possible, I feel more likely are a next gen 600 with revised fuel injection, a 1200 replacement is well overdue, or a low priced machine similar to a Sea Doo Spark. I would think the low cost machine is the largest market that is untapped right now. They've recently done it with the Seadoo's, and I see a lower priced Can Am is out...no reason they can't produce a low cost sled.

If they did go into the turbo world on a 2 stroke, IMO it would be as a accessory kit similar to how Yamaha is doing it.
The low cost sled is sport 800r or 600, only $10k

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The low cost sled is sport 800r or 600, only $10k

That won't cut it. I would be surprised if we didn't see a sub $7K sled at some point in the near future. It won't be a mountain sled, but it will be cheap. The lowest end sea doo spark you can buy is under $5K.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I seen the turbo maverick yesterday as well, looks like they were the first to do that, in the side by side world... Might have to try one out...lol

now look how many guys are putting on turbos, more and more every week and what brp learned with all the aftermarket company's seting up turbos

they are losing $$ and any good bussiness would jump on that

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I seen the turbo maverick yesterday as well, looks like they were the first to do that, in the side by side world... Might have to try one out...lol

now look how many guys are putting on turbos, more and more every week and what brp learned with all the aftermarket company's seting up turbos

they are losing $$ and any good bussiness would jump on that

i wouldnt say that necessarily, they sold a record amount of T3 machines they were a huge hit. i agree tons of people would buy the turbo one but you can bet they are going to make sure its flawless because if fails they will lose alot more business to that than realseasing something prematurely. remember we are talking 2stroke vs 4 stroke. im sure it will happen though but more testing needs to be done.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That won't cut it. I would be surprised if we didn't see a sub $7K sled at some point in the near future. It won't be a mountain sled, but it will be cheap. The lowest end sea doo spark you can buy is under $5K.
MXZ 600 sport is under ~$7950, getting close

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Emissions will be the major hurdle, how do you make a 2-stroke turbo clean.....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Emissions will be the major hurdle, how do you make a 2-stroke turbo clean.....

By injecting fuel after the exhaust port is closed? The etec is already pretty clean. It would be interesting to look at exhaust chromatograph of a T2 e-tec vs T4.
Are sleds measure in g/hp-hr for emissions standards?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By injecting fuel after the exhaust port is closed? The etec is already pretty clean. It would be interesting to look at exhaust chromatograph of a T2 e-tec vs T4.
Are sleds measure in g/hp-hr for emissions standards?

(g/kW-hr), and oil affects the emissions also, so adding extra injection oil to get better engine life makes the engine "more dirty", and in a turbo 2-stoke there is a fair amount of loss (air/oil/fuel) through the motor when the ports are all open and the engine is under boost....this is why a 2-stroke won't make the same HP per PSI of boost as a 4-stroke....also a 2-stroke has less time to burn the air/fuel under combustion than a 4-stroke resulting in more unburnt hydrocarbons exiting the engine under boost

Last edited:

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be interesting thats for sure. I'd be happy with a nice reliable 180 hp at elevation and a warantee. It won't be a 4 year but 2 year would be nice

Top Bottom