Stand up for your atv rights before they are lost!!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like your theory, the more it piles up the sooner it will get dealt with by the authorities that govern this province. 10.0

More likely than not, they would just deal with it by cutting off access to the back country all together.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
More likely than not, they would just deal with it by cutting off access to the back country all together.

I had a conversation with Arff yesterday, from what he's saying, at least in the Rocky Mountain House/South Fork area, charges are being laid against people for littering and such BS when they have a way to prove whom was at the sites.

If you see disastrous campsites, grab some photo's, try to include plate numbers..... and send em in!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes photo's of site, vehicle plate numbers etc, are all that you require. those registered to the plates will be paid a visit by the authorities, tickets will be issued. it is not the solution, but the results are very effective.

as quadders, sledders etc our actions are being recorded in the riding area's in the west country, whether we like it or not. trail cams, fisherman, hunters ranchers etc all have cameras and are willing to use them. i suggest a non confrontational explanation on what concern you have to the offender, take a few pic's etc, you can always send them in later if you so decide, depending on how the interaction goes.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see them closing the back country but we do have a new lady in the province that is capable of anything I guess. I know it doesn't help a thing but I choose not to be a snitch and just shake my head. Water under the bridge for me! Snitches get caught up to in my experiences, I don't like it anymore then anyone else here but I'll pass on possible repercussions for being a snitch and if I have the means, try and clean it up myself at a later date if I frequent the area.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't see them closing the back country but we do have a new lady in the province that is capable of anything I guess. I know it doesn't help a thing but I choose not to be a snitch and just shake my head. Water under the bridge for me! Snitches get caught up to in my experiences, I don't like it anymore then anyone else here but I'll pass on possible repercussions for being a snitch and if I have the means, try and clean it up myself at a later date if I frequent the area.

well, instead of being a "snitch" why not try to speak to the offenders as a concerned back country user?

maybe you'll get told to pound sand, or maybe you'll educate these people as to the rights and wrongs.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, instead of being a "snitch" why not try to speak to the offenders as a concerned back country user?

maybe you'll get told to pound sand, or maybe you'll educate these people as to the rights and wrongs.

100 percent educate the offender.

Explain the rules.

How to find the rules.

2 minutes on a smart phone and a pdf of rules is found.

15 minutes less posting and you have access to the information.

They will be out full force in the Back country this year.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've never ran into the situation but it sounds to be a more effective method. If a person frequents a particular area enough chances are you would see these offenders again at some point. It sure is frustrating though, and I'm very glad to hear the boys will be out in full force because it's not just the people littering, I would say 30% of the people out riding in the back country have some kind of alcoholic beverage in there hand when stopped for a break, I see it all the time I think these people are the worst kind because littering is one thing but impaired driving on an off road vehicle is disastrous from what we have all seen and heard. I admit I'm no saint and have stopped for a beer before but I've also grown up a lot since then and it actually makes me feel like a jack ass for doing it, and did notice my reaction time was hindered even after 1 beer.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The litter and sites we saw had no ohv. Just people random camping. They came out partied and left a mess. They did zero riding and no ohv in the site.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being taught as a youngster to repect the back country has taught me well. I can only hope it's still free when my kids are my older. There's usually one good one in the bunch that cleans up the mess...usually

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would do Alberta a tremendous favor if one weekend a year all of us fellow off roaders take a break and clean up all of our trails. Collectively I would assume we could fill a garbage dump, we have other yearly events for awareness on different subjects why not clean our back yard, call it the Alberta off road back hand day to litter bugs or something.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The accidents involving children under the age of 16 was amazing. What are people thinking??????????

Yah no kidding! I just got back from work and saw three quads riding along in the ditch, the two following looked too small to be riding the size quads they were on for one, and the leader not wearing a helmet. I swore I thought I saw him texting while riding or looking at a gps?! Not sure but he was staring at something in his hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom