Spy pics or any other credible info on the 2013's

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the worst thing that doo did for the 2013 sleds is hype up the release.
The ideas I think are good, and a lot of thought goes into it I'm sure.
With the new skid and foothold location, I guess the only thing left is to test ride it to make the evaluation, after all that is what it boils down to.

HOW IT RIDES

People bitch about 42 pounds, many of them could stand to lose that much themselves.. LOL

Geometry tweeks are what the industries have to do. Look at the mountainbike segment, that industry totally relies on geometry.

If you are looking to buy a new sled this year, I bet you would be happy with either sleds.

Which one would you be happier? Well that's a personal preference.

The new Summits have only gone up $100 so that is good. That is pretty good value for all the changes they have made to the sled for next year. No word on the spring promo yet but that info should come available in an hour or two. Cosidering that Polaris is supposedly going up over a grand the 2 sleds are much closer on price now and will still compete head to head on the hill with each other. Looking forward to riding it in a couple weeks to see how "flickable' the Doo is. HaHa.

Joum39

Reaction score
The new Summits have only gone up $100 so that is good. That is pretty good value for all the changes they have made to the sled for next year. No word on the spring promo yet but that info should come available in an hour or two. Cosidering that Polaris is supposedly going up over a grand the 2 sleds are much closer on price now and will still compete head to head on the hill with each other. Looking forward to riding it in a couple weeks to see how "flickable' the Doo is. HaHa.

Hahaha i look forward to seeing you "flick" the sled!!!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you trolls sure are bored. All you can do is pick apart the windshield? As soon as my sled comes out of the crate that's the first thing that comes off. Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Good counter maxwell, that'll shut them up. Hey its cool that your sammiches will stay warm in the heated glove box eh, and you'll be able to sit on your sled and lean it over 4 degrees just like a real mountains sled. Hey and you can lift off the whole top of the hood and take off the side panels for easy access, just like some other sled i have seen lately, and when the side of the track folds up on the sidehills you'll sort of have a 14 ish inch track, and thank god they moved those switches onto the console, who'd have ever thought of that, oh ya, they did that already also, and that ported flap, genious...old news for most, but good for you guys. And hey, dropping the rear outside wheels is a game changer...oh sorry Poo did that too. And the Pro Taper bars, awesome, Poo in 11, but still , good for you guys. And hey I love the gripper ski's, they look familiar tho. And they tried to makethe plastic side panels a bit narrower to help with sidehilling, been there done that. And an optional riding position to move rider weight up and ahead for leverage, wow, who'd ever have thought of that, oh ch!t, they did that already. LOL. Holy copy cat Batman, might see another lawsuit if Poo sees one of these things eh. So now when you guys ride, would you still call it sidehilling or are you gonna start calling it side mountain track knuckling or articulating suspension riding. ?

The heated lunch box is cool tho, and the higher HP is still there, at the crank stubb anyway.

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good counter maxwell, that'll shut them up. Hey its cool that your sammiches will stay warm in the heated glove box eh, and you'll be able to sit on your sled and lean it over 4 degrees just like a real mountains sled. Hey and you can lift off the whole top of the hood and take off the side panels for easy access, just like some other sled i have seen lately, and when the side of the track folds up on the sidehills you'll sort of have a 14 ish inch track, and thank god they moved those switches onto the console, who'd have ever thought of that, oh ya, they did that already also, and that ported flap, genious...old news for most, but good for you guys. And hey, dropping the rear outside wheels is a game changer...oh sorry Poo did that too. And the Pro Taper bars, awesome, Poo in 11, but still , good for you guys. And hey I love the gripper ski's, they look familiar tho. And they tried to makethe plastic side panels a bit narrower to help with sidehilling, been there done that. And an optional riding position to move rider weight up and ahead for leverage, wow, who'd ever have thought of that, oh ch!t, they did that already. LOL. Holy copy cat Batman, might see another lawsuit if Poo sees one of these things eh. So now when you guys ride, would you still call it sidehilling or are you gonna start calling it side mountain track knuckling or articulating suspension riding. ?

The heated lunch box is cool tho, and the higher HP is still there, at the crank stubb anyway.

scathing post there LennyR. I believe a duel might be in order. if Max isnt up for it I'll give er a go! The new sled isnt exactly what I was hoping for but it is still the best naturally aspirated mountain sled you can buy on this planet. SANS snow deflector of course.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol ok lenny. Ya I was hoping for a bit more from brp too. A bit dissapointed but at the same time after spending another 3 days on a 2012 I thought to myself hmmm what the hell do they really need to change this thing is a blast. So as I worked my way down the mountain yesterday and fired up my laptop to read that brp had tweaked there already amazing mountain machine and added a few neat features It was more along the lines of what I was expecting. And realistic at that. People that were expecting a 174 3" 220hp 2 stroke turbo were smoking some good stuff and they had to know it. a part of me wanted to see something that would totally blow the other manufacturers out of the water so I wouldn't have to listen to guys like you anymore. But instead brp just made a few advancements to keep them on top as usual where they belong with the best handleing best power and best traction mountain sled on the market. after riding this week It becomes pretty aparent the places we are getting to and most shouldn't be with these 450lb 160hp stock monsters. I personally will never ask for more than 163hp. My style of riding this is absolutely perfect. Anyone who wants more should be working on honing there skills not craving more power. Now brp comes and releases a skidframe that might help me and my buddies get into even steeper deeper technical terrain I couldn't really ask for more than that. Ill have to wait and ride it before I know if that's true but if its going to work how I think it will its going to open up even more possibilities for me. Your prormk is a nice looking unit lenny. Yes its 20lbs lighter who cares. And the belt drive is a neat deal but serves no purpose asive never had chaincase issues before. But other than that it is far from a capable mountain sled. I'd still like for you to come for a ride with us and show me what that sled will do. Maybe I'm wrong but none of us can make it do anything worth spending money on or switching brands for. The sled is kind of a flop. Unless your style of riding is prancing around in the open meadows like a fairy it is good at this I will admit. Which I would assume isn't far off for you lenny. The pro rmk is a great beginner sled I guess you could say. No one has lent me there's yet for a full weekend though so I can make my documentary! And yes there are some pretty homo new features on the new summit. A few people should be fired for there attempt at understanding the mountain market.

Sent from lennys wifes BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not according to all the magazines and people who vote on the Best in Class!

But I guess that only matters when it is your brand they are toting.

Haha you read that filth? Get real. The guys testing those sleds couldn't ride a fart out of there ass.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
........... But instead brp just made a few advancements to keep them on top as usual where they belong with the best handleing best power and best traction mountain sled on the market. after riding this week It becomes pretty aparent the places we are getting to and most shouldn't be with these 450lb 160hp stock monsters. I personally will never ask for more than 163hp. My style of riding this is absolutely perfect. Anyone who wants more should be working on honing there skills not craving more power. Now brp comes and releases a skidframe that might help me and my buddies get into even steeper deeper technical terrain I couldn't really ask for more than that. Ill have to wait and ride it before I know if that's true but if its going to work how I think it will its going to open up even more possibilities for me. Your prormk is a nice looking unit lenny. Yes its 20lbs lighter who cares. And the belt drive is a neat deal but serves no purpose asive never had chaincase issues before. But other than that it is far from a capable mountain sled. I'd still like for you to come for a ride with us and show me what that sled will do. Maybe I'm wrong but none of us can make it do anything worth spending money on or switching brands for. The sled is kind of a flop. Unless your style of riding is prancing around in the open meadows like a fairy it is good at this I will admit. Which I would assume isn't far off for you lenny. The pro rmk is a great beginner sled I guess you could say. No one has lent me there's yet for a full weekend though so I can make my documentary!

Wow, lots of bullcrap mixed in with a little truth ! XP is the best handling ? Hmm, I guess on the groomed trails they're designed for. Ok, that's true. 20 lbs lighter ? Try 40-50. Dry weight on a '13 XM 163 is 472 (fat. Very, very fat). '13 Pro 163, 424. Belt drive transfers power more efficiently and drops weight so I would say it serves a purpose. For you to suggest the Pro is "far from a capable mountain sled", or "is kind of a flop unless you're style of riding is prancing around in the open meadows like a fairy" shows a level of brand loyal ignorance that surprises me, even coming from you. Why not try to keep your posts at least half-azzed believable.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha you think I bought blowest magazine and retardtrax when they voted the summit #1 for ten years in a row? No no I did not. Do you think people would keep buying those magazines if the results were always the same? No. Use your head. It has nothing to do with the prormk being a better mountain sled its all marketing.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots of bullcrap mixed in with a little truth ! XP is the best handling ? Hmm, I guess on the groomed trails they're designed for. Ok, that's true. 20 lbs lighter ? Try 40-50. Dry weight on a '13 XM 163 is 472 (fat. Very, very fat). '13 Pro 163, 424. Belt drive transfers power more efficiently and drops weight so I would say it serves a purpose. For you to suggest the Pro is "far from a capable mountain sled", or "is kind of a flop unless you're style of riding is prancing around in the open meadows like a fairy" shows a level of brand loyal ignorance that surprises me, even coming from you. Why not try to keep your posts at least half-azzed believable.

LOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!! I own a belt drive. It makes no difference. Polaris belt drive is some sort of magical one?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol ok lenny. Ya I was hoping for a bit more from brp too. A bit dissapointed but at the same time after spending another 3 days on a 2012 I thought to myself hmmm what the hell do they really need to change this thing is a blast. So as I worked my way down the mountain yesterday and fired up my laptop to read that brp had tweaked there already amazing mountain machine and added a few neat features It was more along the lines of what I was expecting. And realistic at that. People that were expecting a 174 3" 220hp 2 stroke turbo were smoking some good stuff and they had to know it. a part of me wanted to see something that would totally blow the other manufacturers out of the water so I wouldn't have to listen to guys like you anymore. But instead brp just made a few advancements to keep them on top as usual where they belong with the best handleing best power and best traction mountain sled on the market. after riding this week It becomes pretty aparent the places we are getting to and most shouldn't be with these 450lb 160hp stock monsters. I personally will never ask for more than 163hp. My style of riding this is absolutely perfect. Anyone who wants more should be working on honing there skills not craving more power. Now brp comes and releases a skidframe that might help me and my buddies get into even steeper deeper technical terrain I couldn't really ask for more than that. Ill have to wait and ride it before I know if that's true but if its going to work how I think it will its going to open up even more possibilities for me. Your prormk is a nice looking unit lenny. Yes its 20lbs lighter who cares. And the belt drive is a neat deal but serves no purpose asive never had chaincase issues before. But other than that it is far from a capable mountain sled. I'd still like for you to come for a ride with us and show me what that sled will do. Maybe I'm wrong but none of us can make it do anything worth spending money on or switching brands for. The sled is kind of a flop. Unless your style of riding is prancing around in the open meadows like a fairy it is good at this I will admit. Which I would assume isn't far off for you lenny. The pro rmk is a great beginner sled I guess you could say. No one has lent me there's yet for a full weekend though so I can make my documentary!

20 lbs. LMAO, nuff said, about as close to reality as the rest of your post. brain washed or brain dead. You decide. LOL. Doo keeps putting out these game changers pretty soon the only difference will be the motor and the decals. Wanna be's, you prolly got a big enclosed trailer too HeeHee.

svdstar

Reaction score
So will you be snow checking a 13' Pro? Until you actually do, there's no point in anyone listening to your drab. Why flaunt it, if you don't own it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya show me 2 beside eachother on a scale ready to ride. And what's the difference anyways when one guy weighs 210 and the next guy is 160. All these new sleds are within 30-40lbs of eachother and it makes no difference in performance. Maybe in a straight climb? Who cares?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you sad sallys doing in this thread anyways. I would never be caught in a pro rmkant thread......LOOOOOOL.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So will you be snow checking a 13' Pro? Until you actually do, there's no point in anyone listening to your drab. Why flaunt it, if you don't own it.

What a retarded response ! Fact is I ride a '12 Pro 163 and was seriously thinking about selling it and buying a'13. I'm still undecided. Besides d!pchit, I'm not flaunting anything. I was merely contradicting bullchit comments made by someone else. Until you actually know what your talking about, there's no point in anyone listening to your drab.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna take more then a belt drive and 417 pounds for me to waste my money on a Polaris. Can't compare the '13's on the mountain yet but comparing the 12's the quality and fit and finish of tw BRP product is second to none compared to a Polaris. Just open the panels up and you can see how sloppy Polaris is with their wiring and sh1t. Everything on the Polaris bars and dash feels nd looks cheap. Easy to have a lower price tag when your putting out crappy product. Don't get me wrong from a far they look good and look nimble but hands down after riding a pro I was happy to get back on my doo. I am impressed that Polaris has lowered their weight but looking at a lot of guys who ride they can also stand to loose 20-50 pounds. So unless your totaly fit there is no sense bitching or winning about the weight of the sled. They all feel like a 1000 pounds when your trying to pull one out anyways

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna take more then a belt drive and 417 pounds for me to waste my money on a Polaris. Can't compare the '13's on the mountain yet but comparing the 12's the quality and fit and finish of tw BRP product is second to none compared to a Polaris. Just open the panels up and you can see how sloppy Polaris is with their wiring and sh1t. Everything on the Polaris bars and dash feels nd looks cheap. Easy to have a lower price tag when your putting out crappy product. Don't get me wrong from a far they look good and look nimble but hands down after riding a pro I was happy to get back on my doo. I am impressed that Polaris has lowered their weight but looking at a lot of guys who ride they can also stand to loose 20-50 pounds. So unless your totaly fit there is no sense bitching or winning about the weight of the sled. They all feel like a 1000 pounds when your trying to pull one out anyways

Absolute truth here. Same goes for the new cat. Fit and finish is embarrasing.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you sad sallys doing in this thread anyways. I would never be caught in a pro rmkant thread......LOOOOOOL.

If you have read any of my earlier posts regarding the release of the '13 Doo, you would know I was very interested in what changes would be made to the chassis and whether or not it would make the new sled more nimble (Pro-like). I've already stated many times that I love the etec engine, just not a fan of the XP chassis. You really are letting your brand loyalty get the better of you.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gonna take more than a heated lunch kit and no rear wheels for me to waste my money on a Doo. Especially now that they've gone copy cat. And I am totally fit and in great shape........so can I bitch and whine ?

Top Bottom