Sold The XP Time for a Pro..

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you really think i care what anyone rides or buys? no..i dont sell sleds. there's no perks in it for me. therefor do not care. and btw ive been "bested" by lots of sleds..again..dont care. do you know how many cats and polaris sleds there are in my riding group? possibly more than there are skidoos i get along with everyone. my point is they are all "good" sleds now. but there is still an edge to one of them. just like there always has been. also havent adjusted my clickers since 2009 when i purchased my new 2010. so nice try LOL

LOL, speaking of nice trys,...... and i disagree, i think each of them has an edge in different aspects. You see things way too one dimensional, hence your silly blind loyalty and desperate attempts to convince the rest of us. In 12 , 13 , especially with the Poo the differences have been way to negligible to pinpoint.

turboassault

Reaction score
lets settle this in the school yard after lunch time!!

I personally think maxwell owns this site ( or gets paid to keep people posting ). There is no other explanation for it.

Maxwell how can you say you dont care who rides what when you are responsible for half the posts here. You must really love sledding cuz if you ride three days a week the other four are spent in here.

Anyways i am not going to bash anyone or any sled. Gonna be in blue river on Thursday and the sun is supposed to be out, so i am happy

Have fun boys and ride hard

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for Polaris riders to educated everyone what differences are going to be noticed when going from an 08/09 XP to a Pro RMK. Be it positive or negative. Everyone bitches that the Doo guys are trolling over here talking trash about the Polaris and none of the Polaris riders have anything positive to say about their ride.

All I saw was a few Doo riders who posted up what we notice when changing sleds and then it turns into a bunch of Polaris riders bashing Doo riders and then going back and forth.

Sorry was there one postitive post by someone who rides a Polaris and who has actual seat time on a XP that can say what the differences will be? Maybe one in the first two pages.

Obviously there are a bunch of people who have switched brands over the past two years. Where are they? Why can't they just simply say what they noticed was different?

hpjunkie

Reaction score
I can't resist any longer, and I curently ride a Doo! Do you know how much of that 8hp get's lost thru the drivetrain? Let alone an inefficent one? I think we should all be happy with the manufactures tripping over each other to make more "specific application" snowmobiles. Now it is simply up to sledders to pick the best machine for themselves & thier application. I feel Doo's Xm platform is more of a "holy s**t" we had better doo something quick, we're losing market share!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't resist any longer, and I curently ride a Doo! Do you know how much of that 8hp get's lost thru the drivetrain? Let alone an inefficent one? I think we should all be happy with the manufactures tripping over each other to make more "specific application" snowmobiles. Now it is simply up to sledders to pick the best machine for themselves & thier application. I feel Doo's Xm platform is more of a "holy s**t" we had better doo something quick, we're losing market share!

The problem with that statement hp is the T motion was in motion when Poo riders were riding the Dragon. We weren't exactly losing any marketshare to the Dragon and Polaris at that time. And pulleeeeeeaze don't try and tell us they were you die hard Poo guys.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for Polaris riders to educated everyone what differences are going to be noticed when going from an 08/09 XP to a Pro RMK. Be it positive or negative. Everyone bitches that the Doo guys are trolling over here talking trash about the Polaris and none of the Polaris riders have anything positive to say about their ride.

All I saw was a few Doo riders who posted up what we notice when changing sleds and then it turns into a bunch of Polaris riders bashing Doo riders and then going back and forth.

Sorry was there one postitive post by someone who rides a Polaris and who has actual seat time on a XP that can say what the differences will be? Maybe one in the first two pages.

Obviously there are a bunch of people who have switched brands over the past two years. Where are they? Why can't they just simply say what they noticed was different?

I think the difference you see is that I for one LOVE my Pro and think it is the best sled I have ever been on to date period however my seat time on the xp is low and it is low because every time I try to ride it I shake my head in disbelief that anyone could ride that thing and like it. Many people ride it and like it this leads me to believe that maybe the sled is not the biggest problem but the problem is it is not good for ME. Therefore it would be very easy for me so speak the exact same words as Maxwell but in reverse because in my experience the PRO is better in every way but fuel economy. Does this mean my word is gospel... no it means that we all like something different and based on the sales from last year more people are moving to the PRO. Doo based all their marketing since 04 on the fact that the rider forward design is the magic formula for snowmobiles and for many it seems to work well. I personally hate the feeling I get when I am on a doo, I feel like I am going to fly over the handle bars without warning I have no balance at all the the front end feels like the moon is hanging off the front bumper. Turning those handle bars is the most unnatural feeling in the world for me. So what do I think he will notice, I think he will notice that he can ride with 200% less effort in fact he may lay it over on it's side the first few minutes he rides, he will notice how the sled is nearly telepathic in the way it reacts to what you want to do, he will notice that he can lay it on it's side on a ridiculous side hill and crawl along at any speed he wishes even stop and continue along again without having the sled pull him down the hill. He will notice that he can be going down a crazy steep hill and he can lay it on it's side to get turned into a sidehill to negotiate the trees in front of him. He will notice the weight no doubt but all this is only my opinion it has nothing to do with not wanting to tell him how good the PRO is it has to do with the fact that I think I am biased so it's better to let him ride it himself and then he will best understand how good the PRO really is. If you are a really good rider on an XP then I can totally understand how you would jump on a PRO and think it sucked for the EXACT same reasons that I think the XP sucks that is why we get to choose what we ride.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We weren't exactly losing any marketshare to the Dragon and Polaris at that time. And pulleeeeeeaze don't try and tell us they were you die hard Poo guys.

Well, actually, Polaris had a much larger share of the replacement engine parts market at that time.:)

To the OP, you will definitely notice how nimble (flickable :biggrin1:) the Pro is compared to an XP and how much less energy you'll expend in a day of riding. Coming off an XP, you may find yourself flopping the Pro on it's side a few times until you get used to how little effort it takes on the Pro to get it on one ski. Although there is always room for improvement with any clutching, the factory setup is very good for most people. Gas, oil, ride, smile, repeat :thumbsup2:

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right, every time i jump on a pro i flip it in the first few minutes, for me i find it so tippy or unstable that i just cannot see how that is rideable or desirable,maybe a light weight would like that, but for my 200lb its not flickable rather than unstable... my doo to me is stable, and does not chuck me or try in flip me, and for myself sidehills like a dream, but then it is lighter than your poos, and makes alot more power, we compare this ofter and its always the same, i also find the poo sterring to be part of its issue, but if it floats your boat, enjoy it

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
youve had too much to drink me thinks :beer::beer:have some more
your right, every time i jump on a pro i flip it in the first few minutes, for me i find it so tippy or unstable that i just cannot see how that is rideable or desirable,maybe a light weight would like that, but for my 200lb its not flickable rather than unstable... my doo to me is stable, and does not chuck me or try in flip me, and for myself sidehills like a dream, but then it is lighter than your poos, and makes alot more power, we compare this ofter and its always the same, i also find the poo sterring to be part of its issue, but if it floats your boat, enjoy it

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca

I'm 200lbs and and I have no problem flicking mine. :d Lol.

I totally agree with cs5. I have had a limited seat time on the XP as well, by choice, no fault of the sled but it isnt for me. The new Pro is effortless to navigate through the trees and you will not notice a difference in the HP at all................. I would choose the new Cat over a new XP. :smiliestirthepot:

Reactions: cs5

bell32

Reaction score
cs5 Excellent quote that exactly what i was looking for, its good to hear it from both sides though. Thanks for the info snow checked a new pro this afternoon now just the waiting game.

Reactions: cs5

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cs5 Excellent quote that exactly what i was looking for, its good to hear it from both sides though. Thanks for the info snow checked a new pro this afternoon now just the waiting game.

Congrats on the new ride, once you get used to it you will most likely love it. Is it perfect? no it's a mechanical thing and will need some tweaks and maintanance to keep it going.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You will love the pro. Congrats
Drove/owned a 2010 waterbuffalo for a full year.,Last year. I put 2200kms on sled. 17-1800kms were in the mountians. The rest where done up at greenwater/kelvington area here in sask.

Things i noticed and i see skidoo is addressing them this year.

I talked on here about the summit washing out on steep hills because sidecovers were to bulky and stick out past the skis and guess what skidoo has adressed it. I remember alot of doo doo boys telling me i didn't know what i was talking about. EAT CROW BOYS. Pretty sure next year you'll be bragging this up about the doo.
Sled had good power worked well in deep powder but put it on a firm base with say six inches of fresh and it would take way more effort to keep it up on one ski than the 2012 pro i drive now.
Polaris front end is way more solid that the xp chassis ever was and ever will be. When brp goes completely away from this chassis they might get a sled that handles well. If you put all the supports in the front from grip n rip helps alot.
The summit has a very flat/ planted feel to it compared to the Pro. The pro responds to very small amounts of rider input.

hope this helps with anybody else converting to the polaris way.

You wont be disappointed in your purchase like so many doo trolls are telling you. They just havent rode one long enough.
These doo guys are like old people/ or like somebody that has been working a job for ever

They don't like change or somebody telling them there is a different way to do things.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will love the pro. Congrats
Drove/owned a 2010 waterbuffalo for a full year.,Last year. I put 2200kms on sled. 17-1800kms were in the mountians. The rest where done up at greenwater/kelvington area here in sask.

Things i noticed and i see skidoo is addressing them this year.

I talked on here about the summit washing out on steep hills because sidecovers were to bulky and stick out past the skis and guess what skidoo has adressed it. I remember alot of doo doo boys telling me i didn't know what i was talking about. EAT CROW BOYS. Pretty sure next year you'll be bragging this up about the doo.
Sled had good power worked well in deep powder but put it on a firm base with say six inches of fresh and it would take way more effort to keep it up on one ski than the 2012 pro i drive now.
Polaris front end is way more solid that the xp chassis ever was and ever will be. When brp goes completely away from this chassis they might get a sled that handles well. If you put all the supports in the front from grip n rip helps alot.
The summit has a very flat/ planted feel to it compared to the Pro. The pro responds to very small amounts of rider input.

hope this helps with anybody else converting to the polaris way.

You wont be disappointed in your purchase like so many doo trolls are telling you. They just havent rode one long enough.
These doo guys are like old people/ or like somebody that has been working a job for ever

They don't like change or somebody telling them there is a different way to do things.
Or sum of use just like them ,beleave it or not i have buddies switch from the pro to the water buff and are very happy,but you probly don't want to hear that.Anyways hope you enjoy your purchase can't see it being a bad thing anything new is nice.Congrats bell32.

Top Bottom