Snowmobile Association in Need of a USED BRIDGE

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about bailey bridge like the army used to,or maybe they still do use?
We used one when we worked in Kyrkistan

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have replied

We are aware of the scope of the structure and are working with a great company that is helping us a lot, with volunteering assistance.(dwb)

so far we are looking at concrete embutments and we cannot shrink the span at all, although it is closer to 90 than 100', but that does not mater much.

The logging that you may see in the pic was accessed via a bridge that was at the location that we are proposing, but has since been removed. Direct highway access is now through private land and would also involve an not possible rail crossing

The area will not be a fancy dancy skill hill, simply another option for public recreation in the Valemount Area. Funding for the project to date has come from the Columbia Basin Trust, not the sledder generated revenue..

Again, thank you all to those who have offered assistance, I will address each one very shortly via pm.

Please keep the ideas coming in, this is all awesome !

Sledders Rule !

Curtis, I would like to pitch in on this project... However I will be requiring some extra information....
These ... "trails" and what not.... Will there be many tree's around this area?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome barry, that would be sweet ! I have a great relashionship with carrier and are currently working with them on the project. Please let me know of the length of this structure. Is it a bailey type ?

to much snow to get a perfect measure but paced it and it is short by about 20 feet.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, I would like to pitch in on this project... However I will be requiring some extra information....
These ... "trails" and what not.... Will there be many tree's around this area?

Too many Trees around for you!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am shop forman of a welding shop with access to a welding truck any time that i need it, I would love to come help out if you need welding done or any fab work done on site!

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Curtis,
I'm not sure if you have been in contact with Rapid-Span, I will pass on this information to our sales department.
Keep in mind you are dealing with public liability and the whole crossing and bridge has to be engineered. So trying to find something used and cost effective could be difficult.

Marty117

Reaction score
What about bailey bridge like the army used to,or maybe they still do use?
We used one when we worked in Kyrkistan

We don't use Bailey Bridges anymore in the Army. We use Medium Girder Bridges for temporary support crossings, which are not suitable for long-term bridges. For Line of Communication crossings, we use ACROW bridges, which is sort of a modern Bailey bridge. I know a lot of crossings were built in the past using excess Bailey panels, I'm not sure if there would be any panels left over anywhere.

Marty117

Reaction score
Heres a pic of an MGB I built in St Albert a couple years ago.

Attachments

• IMG00084-20090524-1455.jpg
    IMG00084-20090524-1455.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 84

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Call 780 973 4011 local(ext) 0(operator) ask for CFB Edmonton Public Affairs Officer, might get something out of it?????

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com
not sure if i showed you this photo or not curtis but these lock blocks are a cheap solution to concrete foundations.takes about 2 days and an excavator to setup the abutments. this is a 100' bridge. 120,000$ to buy but is overkill from the one varda requires. im sure something will come up much cheaper than that.

Holy crap, is that a baby bigfoot, or a gorilla on the other side?

Top Bottom