Snow and Mud Crowsnest Pass Ride August 23 - 26, 2013

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are planning a ride..have been talking about it on the suds and buds thread but we should have one for this outing....

Friday August 23, drive out to Coleman ( random camping is 12 k in from Coleman ) its called MacGillivery snowmoible
staging area.. its big and can get a lot of random campers in.. i can give directions later...

Staying till Monday August the 26, which will be a pack up day and go home day....

Ride on Saturday and Sunday...

NOW if we have enough that are interested in coming out a day before the 23 rd... then we can get 3 days of riding in...

you really need three days if you want to explore the best spots... one is the airplane crash... that not a whole day maybe? cause we have to load and drive to stage.. the ride from where we are is possible but quite a few illegal road crossings and driving on land we should'nt has to be done.. i have done it but if you get caught.. thats the question.. they are strict down there...

and then you need two days at LEAST to explore places like racehorse pass grassy mnt, and deadmans flats... there is also the At and t Reperater tower ride also.. so lots to do...

i myself can come early too.. so 2 of us already for early..

awaiting your posts and questions...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing is the Crowsnest Pass Quad squad club has all that area that i talk about very well marked and maintained in many areas.. you will be impressived with the trail system.. it is with out a doubt the best maintained trail system in Canada.. the club down there does many hrs of vollenteer work to have that place so nice.. i must go at least once a year to satify my craving.. im serious...

lets get this ride to be the second big ride of the year besides the jamboree... it is quite far for edmonton people to drive but it will be worth it... so more days is better...heck we could even extend it back to the 21 or so...lol

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh sure mark go in August when you can see stuff! Still gonna come out end of june? probably stay more local anyway.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
politlics! lmao.. drink and ride.. not necesserly togther but you know what i mean!..lol,
eat, drink and ride some more!

Kelly i like the place.. end of June looks good as far as i can tell right now...
Can you come in August Kelly?

Last edited by a moderator:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very possible maybe no guarantees, depends if it collides with a trip to medicine.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this the date period most likely or for sure,
i get 3 weeks off this summer, trying to plan them out... last two weeks of August ill be in the Okanagan, but will more than happy to come out to this week of riding, let me know, all i gotta do is send in an email to my PM

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will be the weekend unless the world comes to an end! lol

it will end Sunday night bassically.. monday would be a day of pack up... but if your packin up sunday already well you wont get much ridin in.. saturday only if you come out friday night..

i guess if thats all the a person can do then it cant be helped but to come that far and quad and then be in an area that has must do rides you need at least 3 full days of ridin... sometimes we even came home and had dinner and left again for an eveining ride... soooo nice out there and so much to see

thats why i like Arffs idea of going early, = more days to ride.. so i am all for going out there on Wed then and riding thurs fri and sat ... go home on sunday.. what ever.. i think what it will be is by the weekend we will have most everone who wants to come out.. whoever goes early, get to ride with whoever else goes early, i guess and each day the group could get bigger...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to laugh at my own post after i read it again afterposting it.. started to laugh! sounds like the world comin to an end on sunday! lmao

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to laugh at my own post after i read it again afterposting it.. started to laugh! sounds like the world comin to an end on sunday! lmao

I don't think so...

Am thinking Wednesday arrive and leave whenever. So I may ride Monday and Tuesday.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tell ya, if i can mustard it.. i would stay too.. will see... 5 to 6 days of riding = a hospital visit for non movement of appendiges..lmao
don't worry about the spelling.. you all get the point...lol

but that would be awesome!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not going to be able to do much more than a three day weekend that far away for me. but we'll see. can't see arff living that long, he may need a liver transplant or two. maybe even a defibulator also.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am going to do my best to make it, I think it would be a great weekend of riding and having fun!!! So you can pretty much count me in ;)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not going to be able to do much more than a three day weekend that far away for me. but we'll see. can't see arff living that long, he may need a liver transplant or two. maybe even a defibulator also.

We survived 3 weeks last year of camping. You only fell down once.....

Will be a great trip.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may come up. It's still over 5 months away though difficult to give an answer. What are the trails like? Rough, steep, rocky, dusty?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, usually its pretty dry... if we get rain thou it gets wet and messy fairly quick..lol
but nice weather gives great rides although there is the dust factor... there is a lot of climbing... we go quiet high up.. most is all good.. i cant see any of you not making any of the trails.. lots of grassy area and some rocky area's too.. there will be wet area's thou no matter how dry it is but the dryer the less muddy you will get..

this is scenery riding and awe riding and exploring riding.. what you see and just the way that area down there is, you have to experience it for yourself.. once you do, you will be hooked..
lets put it this way.. i have been on rides down there where wifes have had there childern on the back and went everywhere we all did...

Last edited:
Top Bottom