sno-bunje

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone modify a cobra(2-hooks) to put a hanle on the end or some way to more securly mount the ends to your sled. not liking the hooks flying off. needs a more secure mount, and the strap i'm always losing and looking for. have seen one that had the plastic sleeve removed for tighter wrapping to sled.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey buddy, an old serpentine belt works just about as well and is a heck of a lot easier to store. I cut 1/4" off one so I had two pieces; 1/4" and 3/4" wide and about 36" long. The 1/4" one last until it got caught in the track one day. I was quite stuck (an imdoo'n kind of stuck) and a big buddy (260#) pulled on that small thing with all his might and it didn't break. Just like the SnoBunji about 6-8" at a time. They are awesome man.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone modify a cobra(2-hooks) to put a hanle on the end or some way to more securly mount the ends to your sled. not liking the hooks flying off. needs a more secure mount, and the strap i'm always losing and looking for. have seen one that had the plastic sleeve removed for tighter wrapping to sled.

Why are the hooks flying off???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hooks have not flown off, just don't trust them. and also looking to have a handle not a strap as strap cuts into the hand.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they had a larger hook to fit the Big Arse ski handles now.
If you want them to stay hooked I use Mtn Climbing Carabiners.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMDOO'N - we just hook the carabiner to the ski hoop. Then to the bungee hook. Just couldnt get that bungee hook on the new cat skis or some of the aftermarket ones. So we just found the biggest opening carabiner that would work.

eforwell

Reaction score
Are any of you guys using the bunje from sled to sled? I just that model and have yet to use it. I picked up a large biner as well and a couple climbing slings to put around the back of the ski/spindle. Just wondering if I can pull with it off the rear bumper on my m8 or not? Would make quite the slingshot...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are any of you guys using the bunje from sled to sled? I just that model and have yet to use it. I picked up a large biner as well and a couple climbing slings to put around the back of the ski/spindle. Just wondering if I can pull with it off the rear bumper on my m8 or not? Would make quite the slingshot...

I don't know what the Cat bumpers are like but you wouldn't want to be dooing that with a stock BRP bumper.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy, an old serpentine belt works just about as well and is a heck of a lot easier to store. I cut 1/4" off one so I had two pieces; 1/4" and 3/4" wide and about 36" long. The 1/4" one last until it got caught in the track one day. I was quite stuck (an imdoo'n kind of stuck) and a big buddy (260#) pulled on that small thing with all his might and it didn't break. Just like the SnoBunji about 6-8" at a time. They are awesome man.
Do u have pics I have the one with the handle the Belt sounds like I good idea

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have both the rattler(handle) and the cobra(2 hooks). if i could find a way to attach the handle to the cobra and also have a more secure mount than an open hook, that would be the one i use. was wondering if anyone had taken that red plastic protecter off and if ya could hook up a snap hook of some kind.

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i carry a couple of small 1" wide slings with me....easy to fit around anything, less of a chance of damage to the sled from the hooks and it also gives me a couple extra feet to play with if i need it so the ski-doo doesn't run into the back of my cat... :)

D-MAX-M-1

Reaction score
I have the sno-bunje with the two hooks. I went to the sled dealer and ordered the sno-bunje handle for $8. Haven't installed it yet but it wont be rocket science.

scarlier

Reaction score
i have the one with two hooks and it works great. i got an old pull start handle from a friend and drilled a hole in it. i can use it as a tow bunje or use the handle to do it by hand. i have also used the straps and rubber stops that come in the pkg and they work great to keep the hooks on when towing.

SC

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the one with two hooks and it works great. i got an old pull start handle from a friend and drilled a hole in it. i can use it as a tow bunje or use the handle to do it by hand. i have also used the straps and rubber stops that come in the pkg and they work great to keep the hooks on when towing.SC
You beat me to it I was thinking a pull start handle drilled out would work great as I was read the other posts.

Top Bottom